1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am leaving the game for these reasons:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Angar, Jul 30, 2019.

1. 2Cents

As @Angar stated there are issues with this. Read his post for those details.

As for my own comments. You are just trying excuse the poor business models being implemented today. If you played online games for the last 25 years you should be aware of just how badly these games have degraded. What you are suggesting is to just ignore the elephant in the room and try to enjoy the game.

But wait? "try to enjoy the game". Why would anyone have to "try" shouldn't that come naturally? Why should people be pushing aside issues and trying to focus on the better aspects? It demonstrates defects in the product.

How about advocating for something more worthwhile. Like a Cosmetic Shop with 100x the active customer base to support it. How about advocating working hard and excellence instead of lazy code and cheap tactics?

The world already knows people are perfectly willing to spend a lot of money on cosmetic items that don't destroy the integrity of games. It happens every single minute of every day.

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

So you have been playing a game you hate for 3 years, congrats, MrHypocrite.

Why does it sound like even more excuse to the fact you can't show us how destroyed nowadays economy is supposed to be, MrDodge.

Why does the fact that you side with drama queens with big mouths doesn't surprise anyone.

Regarding eloquence, try debating in a language foreign to you, we'll see how you perform, MrDodge.

Columba likes this.
  3. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

If they are going to quit over all that I have no problem. They cared about those issues. They should show it and quitting is one way to do that. It was a decent post too, a little crybaby here and there, but overall not bad.

4. 2Cents

I don't know why you persist in trying to dodge the issue. We all know the Striker/Mystic getting additional stats above other classes for no reason doesn't make sense. The entire combat system is built upon gear score and giving 2 classes extra stats against random classes doesn't make any sense.

Not a single statement has ever justified why these classes deserve this bonus or what they give up in exchange.
    Furthermore, we all know "counter class" is a terrible idea for an open world PVP game. It's the exact opposite of skill & balance.

It literally created situations where many magic users just said "screw this don't even bother fighting Mystics just roll over and die" upon their release. Doesn't sound very "PVPish". This was especially the case for more casual gamers that will never have a top gear score making the problem dramatically worse.

5. Alrikmerc

This is a real thing. It made no sense, the classes still benefit greatly from DP more than almost any other. But i wouldn't say get rid of it. I would say put Valk and Warrior on their level instead.

6. 2Cents

It would make sense if the game design followed a classic structure like a Warrior class. Naturally it would suffer lower DPS in exchange for durability.

However, this is Pearl Abyss just tossing out bottom of the barrel and random game design. Strikers do an absurd amount of burst damage and don't really have any downside to justify this. It also doesn't make sense in the hierarchy of pvp classes.

Mystics also lie about their lack of damage. When you have half an hour of CC's to attack an opponent you have massive damage output. Not to mention the AP scaling issues.

7. Alrikmerc

well, the downside of striker is if you know they are there and attack you in the standard fashion, they aren't likely to kill you if you can i-frame at all. Harder on other classes, true.

mystic is a different bag. yeah when she gets lots of AP her damage is on the level needed to just smash people. Though vs actual DP she's not all that great, but the CC is still an issue. Though again, that's mostly in 1v1, which to me is kinda meh. being a good duelist doesn't make you a good pvp'er, imo.

And if you aren't on an OP computer, warrior suffers a lot from damage loss due to FPS. Like, if everyone is locked at 60, warrior does very little of his possible damage. That's not the case for high end people because most of them play with low res/potato mode in full screen, but back when they were considering locking FPS for skills to 60 warrior and ninja were sweating buckets hah

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You seem to enjoy making comments about topics deflections, do you have anything to say about what you're currently doing, Mr DoubleStandards ?

9. 2Cents

Relying on I-frame or mobility is completely broken.
    • You can get the same level of evading by a fly buzzing around a room
    • Not all classes can I-frame or even have real mobility
    The DP matters a lot more when it's a magic based class. The basic skills, E-buffs, and passive magic defense all stack. If you could only see the health bar, you would be able to distinguish between attacking Striker/Mystic and any other class.

It's also horrible in the context of how BDO PVP works. If a Striker/Mystic is allowed a fraction of a second to grab that's usually the end of the fight. You literally have to disable someone the entire fight, which is terrible design, OR you get disabled the entire fight..................leading to every fight essentially being complete trash.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

That is just sheer arrogance. You need to have a hard look at yourself dude if you think you are qualified to decide relevance for another person. It is ok to say that you do not have a problem with something but it is not ok for you to say that others should not be bothered by something.

Remastered is ugly.

11. Alrikmerc

i don't disagree that happens a lot, but it's a gear game. there's another thread complaining about how RNG has no place in PvP but the game uses RNG as a chaos effect that can tip things in an off direction when they "should" go a certain way. I actually find that fine.

I mean, there are people who complain about having to recombo and say it shouldn't be like that, then another crowd that can't stand 1 shot meta.

Fateneko likes this.
  12. 2Cents

RNG is fine for combat if it's done properly. It was the entire foundation of the original D&D dice. All the problems are the poor implementations and attempted fixes for a game engine that isn't properly designed for PVP.

The RNG is supposed to also prevent 100% win ratio's.

Alrikmerc likes this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Heh, I think its an improvement over high end, but to each their own...But I'm more then positive you dont come here to enjoy the optimized graphics....Would you still be here if these were max settings?
    [​IMG]
    This garbage?

No one would tolerate this companies BS if that's all they had to present.

14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The games is pretty enough for me on medium/ very high. Remastered is just far too bright for me.

15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

And if the OP feels the same way, he should feel right at home with a PS4 running the game.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Probably. Not everyone is an elitist lol.

17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

LoL its not elitist, Its just that beauty can make a person tolerate alot of BS.

Most of the games I'm looking toward arnt graphic intensive, but at the same time they dont incorporate any of THE BS that comes from companies like PA, an EA.

And Cyber punk 2077, along with FF7 Remake.

That should tide me over till competition tosses this dumbster fire into the history books.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. HolyHandGrenades

Thanks for all the reply’s. I decided based on all the input and videos that I’m going to find something else to play.
    As much as i tempted by some of what the game has to offer, the cons appear to out-weight the pro’s.

Plus it doesn’t help, beginning brand new to the forums, and having the moderator edit your post for a personal attack. A personal attack I might add, that was directed at myself. LMAO. Take care gamers.

2Cents, Seilla, Angar and 1 other person like this.
  19. aswedishtiger

All legitimate reasons tbh

Seilla likes this.
  20. 2Cents

[​IMG]

Seilla likes this.