1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am leaving the game for these reasons:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Angar, Jul 30, 2019.

1. hightech

No, please do ot go on.
    For a price around 5-10 bugs and 3-400 people working on the game how do you think it will work to be profitable without a shop in game.
    Next point and you are right in your comment. How do we get the people to spend money?
    That is business man. In your job it is the same. You are always seeking for possibilities to increase profit.
    Why it should be different in the gaming business.
    If all those companies are **** I ask myself why you are not quit gaming.
    I mean Ubisoft for example, you can buy booster as ****. But do you need it? NO.
    In Bdo it depends on your purpose of playing. Yes BDO is expensive and has not the best in game shop. But as being like Apple in the mmo business why not having a price strategy like Apple. All evaluated from a business prospective. Does not depends on if you like it.
    BUT, to be honest the content in the shop is quality. the outfits are stunning created and not just a pixel color mush.

Aelisah and Maginha like this.
  2. NoisyBoy

Thats one of the best descriptions i have read about this game. Welcome to Bug desert scam online!

3. charkus

Yea they are not as huge as blizzard or whatever, so imagine if they focused on fixing existing broken content instead of throwing more into the game.

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Yes I'm as shocked as you are to see levels in a progression based game.

5. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

The fact that there isnt anything better to play in the casual mmo pvp rpg scene does not make bdo a good game.

VasilisD, Life2v and NoisyBoy like this.
  6. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

well said

papragu likes this.
  7. Eltruism

If there isn't anything better then it is the best game.

8. Whito

Whito Whito_190812080241901 Mystic 60 EU

Warning: TROLL POST

They actually caught me because I expected this:

L2 -> Aion -> Tera - Blade and Soul -> Black Desert

I'm still looking for a game like L2

In these two years that I left BDO I have gone from being an MMO Player to having 400 AAA games, for the same money I spent on BDO

I can say that they caught me for a while

#28 Whito, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  9. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

Of course he loves the game. So many of us love the game. It has a lot of things good in it. But there's a pretty nice laundry list of incompetence. Imagine BDO without those problems or the problems being handled differently with more transparency and all your friends who have quit because of it still play the game.

Devs of this game have lacked imagination for the last 3 years. The game is so huge that I can love parts of it and wish other parts were so much better. And I've also left the game because I wished it was so much better. I end up back here where I started because even with all the problems the game has, this one I have the most fun on still but I wish it was more.

I can also say I've never had this feeling in other games I've played. I don't have a laundry list of everything devs screwed up or the publisher dropped the ball. Sure there's been some but it's almost a staple of BDO to be laughably bad.

This is also one of the only games I've played where I can say I enjoy playing but I wouldn't recommend any of my friends play it. That's a problem, right?

UltraHeaven, MMoNoob, ZyZy and 3 others like this.
  10. Whineseeker

I see your point man, but i play since 2016, with lot of pauses but i still enjoy the game for what it is. I’m not a minmaxer or anything, i’m happy with my 261 ap character for pve and pvp activities, sometimes I use alts for other activities (on character for smh, one for crafting and so on) and that’s it, I’m happy with it.

If a small company find ways to milk players and they fall for it, it’s the players fault.
    They keep releasing content, and i’m happy for that content.

11. Eltruism

Why are you looking for a game like L2? Play L2.

edit: Interesting game, I'll look into it actually =)

12. Whito

Whito Whito_190812080241901 Mystic 60 EU

L2 died when they decided to cancel subscription and take it to F2p P2w

Oh wait

zhagsten likes this.
  13. 2Cents

That information is simply not correct. What you are trying to imply is that Pearl Abyss is a smaller company without the resources to do better. The fact is they are a billion dollar company with 100's of employees. Their issues due not have to due with their lack of resources.

14. TeRRoRibleOne

The dev's dont lack imagination, they lack commitment. They start something, never finish it, and give it to us. They continually do it with literally EVERY update over the last year. They also don't test their patches, it's very obvious. Do they have a quality assurance team or do they just do stuff and every single player is the beta tester? The answer is the latter. NA and EU have a much larger player base than Korea yet they have zero communication with their larger base, if anything they really don't give a single **** about us. It doesn't help we have a publisher, Kakao, who does an atrocious job themselves and I guarantee you they barely send PA any of the concerns our region has. This game is handled poorly on every level. They're just lucky there literally isn't an quality games releasing this year because if it did happen, they would lose a majority of their player base. And no, WoW Classic isn't the game. People will play it for two weeks, remember that tab targetting is trash and that they're playing a game with graphics from the 90's which is not visually stunning.

15. 2Cents

You don't have to imagine anything. It would look like Final Fantasy which made better decisions turned things around and is now potentially the #1 ranking MMORPG even surpassing WOW.

The pseudo "get rich" ploys don't produce the real money. They are short term profits at the cost of MANY customers.

16. TwilightAngel

Never got the QQ I am leaving threads. Cool your leaving no need to announce.

However yes its always great providing feedback, however when you add the im leaving and this is why well 98% of the time the thread gets over looked and ignored

Also I love how half the stuff your are stating you act like Kakao is the dev team and is making the game lol Pearl Abyss devs most likely do not even look at the forums

Yet you are still here and people like you need to learn what scamming is or what a scammer is lol

Just because you can say a word or use it does not mean its true or you are using it correctly

Angar likes this.
  17. Cyka

Cyka Guardian 61 NA

Just because a player has access to the forums does not mean that person is actively playing the game. Also you can dislike a lot of things about a game and voice your opinion if you like. This is a forum after all.

I have quit myself but I still do come to the forums to check on whether they have released anything that may bring me back.

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

What if the title was called, Issues that need to be addressed that are causing PA to lose customers.

What input would you have then?

Read the bottom of his OP.

FrozenReaper, Fateneko and Life2v like this.
  19. 2Cents

BDO is like a restaurant serving amazing food, but covering it in liquid tar just before serving it.

20. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Well, first of all, the title was changed to that stupid thing by a moderator. The original was funnier.
    I swear i am not 13...

Second, every time i have a problem i discuss it, no matter if it is real life or game.
    I dont like "qq i am leaving" posts either but at the same time i really wanted for some time to sum up the problems that i and others have stated in the forums for the past 9 months that i played.

Due to the mysteries of summer event, that this year was without hints from gms, but instead our only way to complete it was to look for an outdated guide online, and another delay on manos i got fed up and said fck it.

Still, unlike many other threads, this provides both feedback and offers several points to discuss further the well known and established issues.

Are they gonna do something?
    Nope and thats why i am out.

Fateneko and Life2v like this.