1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am leaving the game for these reasons:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Angar, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Myntiix

Hints for what? Its the exact same event as last year just easier. And there are guides for the 2019 veraion.

VasilisD likes this.
  2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

No, we would like them to spend some of their billions to fix their revenue stream...Currently its broken.

3. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Addiction and enjoyment aren't exactly synonymous. I enjoy the game but these frustrations are real issues. It's not outlandish to think someone might get burnt out with those frustrations. I at least appreciate that they left some feedback for why they are deciding to leave other than, "game is rng trash"

iller and Solitaire like this.
  4. Solo_Tyrant

Except burnout isn't anything a game maker can fix and it isn't constructive criticism, never has been.
    I've seen "I quit" posts since WOW first launched. People get tired. People get frustrated. People get emotional. Sure you can list things that made you feel a certain but the game devs can't fix your feelings or change around any game so that it pleases everyone.

Aelisah likes this.
  5. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Yes but listing the frustrations that led to burnout is good information for the developer to have.... Whether they listen or not is another thing. Personally I find the majority of the frustrations listed valid and certainly includes a number of topics I wish PA would spend more time on or at the very least communicate more about.

6. ZyZy

It surprises me [and maybe it shouldn't] on how many people there are who no longer play BDO but like to post here.

Solitaire and Leverage like this.
  7. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Then shills will say the input is not conducive to a positive conversation that'll create change.

Cuz you know, your tone when you tell someone that the building is on fire is more important than you telling them.

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Just because they no longer play does not mean they never intend to come back if certain fixes are made. If anything no playing but contributing ideas could be more influential then remaining silent.

Actually if you pay close attention..The game is designed that way on purpose, to cause burnout, fatigue, and frustration to sell you convenience for a premium.

Were telling them to knock it off.

Korvgubben and Life2v like this.
  9. KatieXKhaos69

Hmm you do know you can run multiple missions at once in different channels, or swap channel's to run one immidiately after finishing one.. right?

10. 2Cents

Actually the developers could have fixed nearly every issue since the majority where intentionally created. The entire RNG enchant system was built upon a gambling cash shop model. Plenty of better systems would offer a far better gaming experience. This treacherous and painful system which was often referred to as a cancer caused many customers to flee the game. Even customers perfectly willing to continue spending in a more honest environment.

The horse upgrading, weight issues, inventory/storage, market place tax etc. These are all problems created for the purpose of sales.

Anyone who states these are needed for the survival of the game is lying. There are other business models that are much more friendly that generate plenty of revenue. People would absolutely pay for many things in BDO especially cosmetics without being forced to.

With over 1,000,000,000 potential customers out there there is plenty of revenue to be obtained.

VasilisD and iller like this.
  11. Solo_Tyrant

You seemed to have missed this part:
    devs can't fix your feelings or change around any game so that it pleases everyone.

And there are other business models that are worse. They picked what they think works for this particular game and didn't just copy some other game you think, but notably failed to mention, does it better.

I don't recall being forced into buying cosmetics. Hell, I haven't bought any cosmetics yet. Wait. I did buy a pair of panties but not because the game forced me to but because the meta(customer playstyle) of the game at the time really thought luck matter.

It's easier to pretend to fix things when you aren't responsible for it. My 2cents.

Valestris and Aelisah like this.
  12. Solo_Tyrant

All those things are personal feelings and emotions. No game can be tailored to appease everyone or account for personal matters.
    Fatigue is a you problem. Play less. The game isn't responsible for your personal well-being.

Aelisah likes this.
  13. 2Cents

You are intentionally acting ignorant to the foundation of the game not being created to appeal to players, but being nothing more than a cash shop ploy.

The fact is Final Fantasy now has probably 200x the player base of BDO. Wonder why that is ;)

14. Solo_Tyrant

The game being created to not appeal to players begs the question; Why are you here?

Solitaire, Aelisah and Smileybones like this.
  15. 2Cents

#Bless Online
    #Fallout 76

Because there is no competitor for a long term game. While Path of Exile is amazing game experience it's not a long term grind.

But you really didn't care about the answer, you just wanted to make a useless point ;)

16. Solo_Tyrant

There are plenty of long term games and as you said better business models. Despite BDO being created to not appeal to players you still play the game. Just by going off your comments PA has no reason to change the game because no matter what you or people like you say, you still play(and probably pay) the game.

If I had a chip on my shoulder as big as the one you have for this game I wouldn't play it or troll the forums but newgen gamers are a different breed.

17. Parthin

Operation guild support. 300m vs 3b. "Nope, sorry, not for you. Here, have a useless bell".

Solitaire likes this.
  18. 2Cents

These imaginary games you mention don't exist. To start there are very few competitors in the market. Secondly most games won't use the infinite progression model. I most often don't care to invest in games where you play for a few days or week and max out.

19. iller

NO ONE implied that or gave reason to be accused of such.... you are a constructing a Strawman.

No one has THOSE "Feelings" either in a game like Warframe ... sure it had a history with internal CORRUPTION just like CCP (Eve) did, but their actual Update schedule is more agressive and is either more Transformative / innovating or just plain fixes more THINGS for good than all these so called updates BDO has had following Valencia after they clearly just started phoning everything in so they could focus on their Mobile venture instead.

You can't lie your way out of the basic reality pointed out to you: They didn't need that much money squeezed out American whales for the VALUE proposal they've actually delivered. This is an ECONOMIC argument, not your petulant little Emotional bait. Their Labor in KOREA is not that expensive. Infact it's quite a bit cheaper than Canada even b/c they're hiring what is essentially mass-produced accountant school & pixel monkey Interns for the exclusive sole benefit of a couple Billionaires who will NOT EVER be reinvesting it in this game or any sequel

#59 iller, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Capitaine Courage and 2Cents like this.
  20. 2Cents

How quickly everyone forgets.................. exactly how much revenue is Archaege producing today after going full blown P2W?

Gorrash likes this.