1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am the only who cant play any other MMO after BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Traaps, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Aelisah

MMO's ma frend

piratebeowolf likes this.
  2. kakodaimonos

Well I'm talking about games in general... because there is no difference anymore.
    Everything is developed around monetization. Fun is not the key factor anymore.

Joungf and MoonDance17 like this.
  3. Aelisah

Ahh I don't really know about the newer shooters.. Missed your sarcasm :D

It's sad tho... Altho developpers are noticing this too and some unhappy about the situation themselves - perhaps we might see a change coming in +- 5 years or so.

4. kakodaimonos

I hope Indie Developers bring change... while they get the money and the big Companies don't.

Joungf likes this.
  5. LightningFFXIII-4

People can't quit BDO because....

- Daily/Hourly Rewards
    - Black Spirit Dice
    - Dark Rift
    - Daily EXP loot scroll rewards *New*
    - Attendance/Guild Attendance Rewards
    - Awakened scrolls
    - World Boss
    - Energy Mechanic
    - AFK Mechanics
    - Worker Management Mechanic
    - Farming Management Mechanic
    - Weekly events that you have to do
    - Guild Mechanics
    - Players invested too much Time and Money into the game to quit Mechanic

It's not about the Graphics or the Combat or the Gameplay. It's all about Ingame mechanics that gives you hundreds of reason to stay logged in and keep logging back in lol.

6. Factorial

At any rate, playing any non-BDO game at this present time feels like going back several centuries. Nothing can beat the action pace of BDO. There just needs to be optimizations and balance for the PvP wannabe heroes.

A long while ago, I said that eventually the market will become filled with BDO-clones instead of WoW-clones. It hasn't taken off yet but I am sure it will eventually. I have a sinking suspicion that the Amazon made MMORPG will have BDO combat if they are smart.

Life2v likes this.
  7. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Have you tried playing slot machines?

8. BDOMONSTER

just had the opposite experience, been playing eso for the last month and I wanted to log into bdo and use up those knights armor and weapon boxes on my alts. Well I lasted 5 minutes on my kuno and after 20 minutes of running the same lap at nagas on my female striker my skin was crawling begging me to stop and go play something fun.

I play bdo off and on for the last three years but this was the first time I had literally zero interest and couldn’t even last out my hour because it was so boring and uninteresting.

the core for bdo is mostly there from a visual standpoint but it is literally the worst gameplay I have ever experienced worse than even lineage 2 just run in a circle by yourself insta killing packs so fast you don’t even notice the amazing character animations. The monsters have uninspiring attacks and animations it’s really just awful no matter how much I keep trying to like bdo the content is truly abysmal and yet it’s soo easy to fix but they don’t.

Wet Cake, Evengelius and MoonDance17 like this.
  9. NexusMercer

BDO truly ruined other mmorpg combat for me. Nothing beats BDO's gameplay.

Mana_Mafia and Factorial like this.
  10. Naho

Mmo wise , as soon as someone can take Revelation Online from Garbo.com and have a better management , i'm gone from BDO.
    Other than that i can take a break/quit BDO anytime to invest in another game if i feel like it, doesn't matter if I invested $894,156 on it (random number pls no flame)

#30 Naho, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Aelisah likes this.
  11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Agreed! As much as we talk smack about BDO, it is hands down the best MMO out there with most up-to-date graphics and amazing combat mechanics. They just need to have more balanced patches and less p2w, but I guess we can't have a pie and eat it too.

Mana_Mafia, Factorial and Grehm like this.
  12. Corrus

I can, no problem
    Bdo is not the holy grail of mmos

13. magret

Spend a few months toying with Warframe, and BDO feels dull in the graphics and movements fields now. How can't we just bullet jump everywhere and have a silent jetpack and a hooverboard to replace those noisy horses with grace?
    Even GW2 still has smoother short travels since they added mounts. MOUNTS. And lore explained teleporters are nice too. Way nicer than floating lore-unexplained invisible floating platforms as a poor excuse of jumping puzzles.

Also boss combat (lack of) mechanics and command lag and weird hitboxes, 5 ton Boss turning 180° in a nano second , faster than you can cast a skill in their back, no group mechanics involved for field bosses etc etc... That keeps me from really coming back for more than doing a few dailies. Fun factor > nice graphics and boobs.

zhagsten, MoonDance17 and LithicForm like this.
  14. LithicForm

Man IDK what y'all are going on about with this whole "BDO's graphics are so OP and the combat is so good"... I don't care how beautiful the in game world looks if I still have to look at the **** that is the latest UI iteration. And in case y'all have forgotten, having things pop up on screen when your character is 5 ft away from them is absolutely terrible. Play anything else for a bit, go back to BDO, ride your horse between towns and tell me again how amazing BDOs graphics are. It's jarring, unsettling and as a whole, only good for taking screenshots.

Combat? please. the entire system depends so heavily on the communication between your device and the servers, unless that handshake is pitch perfect, your combat experience will be ****, doesn't matter how good the base mechanics are. The base mechanics aren't even that good. The best PvPers in BDO will agree. It's a shallow system based entirely on the RNG of landing a CC. That's why there has never been a real attempt at balancing the game. WTF do you need balance for when everyone one shots each other? Even TERA had a more complex skill system. AAUs combat system has, from what I hear and see, far more depth as well. It's more than just learn your opponents skill timing and try to land CC through tiny windows that may or may not be there at the whim of the server.

Anyways, I had no issue dropping BDO to go back to Blade and Soul, even though that game is even more dead than BDO. It's just relaxing to go back to an MMO with balanced combat and no RNG involved with gear upgrading beyond just drops. Plus the story in BnS is actually engaging and compelling. It's a much older MMO that for some reason despite its **** optimization is still a smoother and more streamlined experience than BDO./rant

Sorry guys I'm just a REALLY frustrated BDO fan who has put entirely too much time and money into the game just to see it turn to **** and my class treated like a 3rd class citizen. People who mentioned games nowadays just being a means for making profit are absolutely right. Gone are the days where games are developed for the sole purpose of providing genuine entertainment. Remember when Blizzard took their time developing games? and the absolute gems they created back in the day? Now look at where they are. It's a travesty.

Blacksheep, Joungf, Wet Cake and 4 others like this.
  15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Yes they can.

Joungf, Naho and Ben Phoenix like this.
  16. Vanadiel

The reason for this is really simple: BDO is an MMO, not an MMORPG.
    So when you play some other titles that are actually MMORPG's, you cannot get into it right away because of the RPG part.
    Trust me, give it a few hours and you should be back into "it".

I have actually the opposite feeling:

BDO is a single player online game you play with others, but you normally play it by yourself killing others who mess up your "rotation", try to take over your node(s), or get in your way in some other way.
    I have come to the conclusion there's so much more value in cooperative RPG play versus this BDO model, that I can't see myself going back to BDO and the toxic game play it creates.

Good graphics do not equal a good game.

Wet Cake and MoonDance17 like this.
  17. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I have to say this because I think you are wrong with this point. Although i agree with the part about the RNG cc landing I don't agree with the rest at all. The game is pretty balanced and the only reason people get one shotted is that they build to be one shotted. There is depth to BDO's combat system if you are willing to explore it. Look at people like Bigandshiny, Elly, etc who can absolutely smash you in a one v one but will get one shotted by hardly anyone. I'm not talking about using a pure DP build (which is what I am). As far as the game relies heavily on the ping? I can say I agree and disagree at the same time. I play on NA from the UK and have a ping (at the very best) of 160 and i do fine. Although i will admit if i could get under 100ms i would probably do far better :D

18. Silverspark

I am actually in the somewhat same boat. The only other game I am able to touch from time to time is actually ESO. I find the combat system in ESO not that bad btw, actually it depends a lot on personal agility (animation cancelling), encounters and bosses (if you like PvE) are really well made and grafics aren't that bad. The true gems in ESO are the quests and the atmosphere of the Elder Scrolls world building...but BDO excels concerning grafics, PvP-combat system and complexity. In addition I find the node and economic system truly bringing some fresh air into the MMO genre. I would bet that new MMOs need similar features to be successful.

19. rSick

Yeh, but as in any game you hit a wall at some point. I have completed every quest in ESO (need to finish Murkmire still), but all other maps are done.
    The only "difficult" part about gearing are the 2 monsters set by doing those Vets but in rest: in 2 months i had enough gold to have the best gear for PVP for several classes easy. So gearing up is not hard, but then(if you do not care for raids - which people do for achievement since raid gear is good for PVE only) you want to spent your time PVPing (besides crafting or what ever you do for gold). BG Queues are broken 70% of the time where you spent even 1h trying to get in just to get Qued in a broken one that does not even start or just into premades. And since Cyrodiil is the only option left but you want something else at some point. ( "fix BGs pls" - won't even get into the complete class changes every 3 months).
    I am not saying ESO is a bad game, combat is fun once you actually learn , like you said, animation cancel and mechanics etc. But they have their own problems with the PVP system. But if you are like me and do not care for raids since has no use for PVP gearing or do not care for motif grind and other stuff...you won't have much to do at some point.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention that you need open your wallet on RNG boxes if you actually want the cool mounts.

#39 rSick, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  20. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

BDO is the most gorgeous MMO I have personally ever played BUT on the downside there are no dungeons, or raids, its lacking in lore and what lore or quests they have are cryptic due to translation issues. They really dont promote group play, I just mostly solo unless someone from guild wants to do scrolls or something or a mission (yawn), I refuse to grind its boring and I just fall asleep, which sucks because I love the combat in this game :(

I finally went back to EQII after being on BDO since alpha(just have to deal with the old graphics yikes), I just miss doing group dungeons, raids, having friends to talk to even on a game that is 15 yrs old still, doing quests with friends(lots of lore), I was an 11 yr vet of EQII when I started playing BDO. I do still play BDO but mostly afk stuff or some sailing here and there, and I do customization if I can get a VP off the mp(which right now is impossible). I really dont even do event quests usually because they are just repeats of the previous years unless they add a new part to them.

Wet Cake, Fateneko and LithicForm like this.