1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response I cannot connect to the servers

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Dauthus, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Dauthus

I can't seem to stay connected. Just me?

Anvorka likes this.
  2. gurghul

Fine for me 0 lag .UK Europe

3. Xehi

Hi

Never had connection issues before but ever since Season server patch game disconnect in few min of playing. Tried to re-install without any difference!

4. Xehi

Re-install 2 helped

5. ZeuZ

I've had constant disconnects for about a week now.

6. MagicalTabletopGirls

Have the servers just been total bunk for weeks now? Every time I come back to turn in my fish the lag makes it unplayable garbage.

No it's not my internet or PC.

7. Naho

No issues here

MADE likes this.
  8. JohnnyNails

Haven't noticed any lag whatsoever. So it's you not the servers.

try this:
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/...edure-How-to-flush-your-DNS-reset-your-TCP-IP

and make sure to restart your computer after you've done that ^ as it states.

also you might want to check your cpu temps. and gpu temps, your hardware could be on its way out. just a suggestion, better to fix something while it still somewhat works than after your computer kicks the bucket.

but then again what do i know.. I only have 25 + years of computer tech / electronics repair under my belt. I'm still a novice.

#8 JohnnyNails, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  9. MagicalTabletopGirls

Does your 25 years factor in I have no issues with other live games I play that have even newer engines than BDO?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  10. JohnnyNails

yes in fact, did you flush your dns cache?

think of your ip address like a car, and your car drives on a road with many lanes. your dns cache gets clogged up with other cars over time... putting u in a worse spot for getting to your destination overtime . so how do you fix this? you clear your dns cache.

also again I would highly suggest you check your computers core component temperatures. just because one game runs fine does not mean this game wont over tax a specific component, if you lower your graphics to the lowest settings your cpu will take the blunt of the force. if u raise your graphics your gpu will. one piece of equipment could be failing in your system is why I keep pushing this point. but before all of that flush the dns.

**also to your comment about the newer games, that holds no bearing to my suggestions whatsoever. literally the equiv of comparing apples to oranges.

and one last thing ** different games utilize the dns cache in varying ways , its difficult to explain by a case by case basis, so your comment about the newer games is both perplexing and ignorant - the time it'd take to explain for whatever specific game ur comparing this one too would be mind boogling and you probably wouldn't comprehend the network traffic details I'd lay out for you.

so - I'll leave you with this simple recommendation : flush your dns cache, check your cpu , and gpu temperatures (you should be monitoring those all the time anyway) j and then come back with your next comment being: what your cpu and gpu temperatures are underload. meaning playing the game respond with celcius X ? and I can make a few suggestions assuming you take the time to do that.

#10 JohnnyNails, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  11. Mimimimi

dns cache caches ip addresses for given domain names. if the cache is out of date i.e. the target of a given domain now points to a different ip address, no connection would be possible. dns cache doesn't cause lag, if the address is wrong your network packets don't arrive just like your amazon package doesn't arrive if the postman can't find you because of a wrong address.

@MagicalTabletopGirls
    but luckily the zendesk package isn't useless and does contain a section covering your issue. https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/...278425--Logs-WinMTR-files-and-how-to-get-them

run the tool with the specified ip address and you will see what part of your connection is ****y. might be your wifi, might be an intermediate internet node, might be the servers. if your route (i.e. some intermediate servers) to the bdo servers are the issue you can try using a vpn. doesn't always work but can help a lot as it changes your network routing.

12. MADE

The issue is in you PC/internet, no issue here.

13. squeakerdog21

Hello! I'm sure I'll be made fun of for a post like this. But I'v run out of options and have no clue why.
    Basically I started having reloads from up to 1-10 minutes in this game. This has been going on for months now. I'v sent multiple tickets in and keep getting told its more than likely my isp. (Its not, I'v checked with my isp), they tell me they can't see anything wrong on their end. So I go back to the gms and am told various things.
    -VPN
    -Whitelist the game through your firewall
    -send us reports so we can track down whats wrong (Which I did, but what was suggested after also didn't work)
    -Reinstall windows
    - Cleanboot Windows
    - Set up your phone to be a wifi hotspot and play through that.
    - Disable IPv6 and set up your primary dns to be Quad 9
    - Contact your isp.
    I'v done every single one of these, one of them causing my computer to bluescreen once after doing it.
    My issue is that, just having this game open causes my entire internet to lag horribly, or just shut off completely sometimes for a few minutes.
    I'm now at the point were they just don't want to respond to me I guess. its been 2 days since my last response. I'm at a loss and have 0 idea on what to do.
    TL;DR Can't play vidy cause game crashes my internet or lags me so hard that i go into a reload every 5-10 minutes.

Can anyone help me out, please?

14. MagicalTabletopGirls

My servers chat says you are wrong.

15. JohnnyNails

@MagicalTabletopGirls my guild of 98 people says you're wrong. As does my ping / latency. also i'm supremely amused you take anything said in server chat seriously - have you read server chat? lol.

take a moment and do what I suggested. otherwise you just come off as a troll

come back and tell what ur temperatures are. cpu / gpu. and I can give suggestions based on your response. seems reasonable yes?

oh and one last point** wouldn't you think logically speaking people would be crawling all over this thread if it wasn't just you having the problem? I know sound logic is tough when you wanna win an arguement but use some critical thinking.

oh and give those CPU / GPU TEMPERATURES <--- in celsius please thank you !

#15 JohnnyNails, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  16. MagicalTabletopGirls

The issues are still an issue in cities as the have been prior to the flush. No trolling here but I am getting sick of the self-righteous condensation. I'm pretty sick of this game anyways. So Piss off.

Invalid_Infinity likes this.
  17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Maybe you need to take a look at all the complaints about this topic in the technical section of the support page in the forum. This thread was posted in the wrong place.

18. JohnnyNails

you .. still havent given your cpu temperature / gpu temperature , or given any logs of your connection issues.

19. JohnnyNails

at this point , since you dont really respond with anything other than snarky come backs , I dont care anymore, continue doing you . Hope your situation improves but I'm done attempting to reach out to you good luck.

20. JohnnyNails

Oh i'm aware of the complaints , i've played this game since beta , only just a few days ago signed up for the forums, and I must say the ignorance of this community when it comes to connection issues is astounding, so much in fact I am amazed at the restraint the staff have in dealing with some of you, utterly amazed there patience is astounding. Because most of the people complaining like magicgirl over there have not even a semblance of a clue of what the underlying problem actually is, much less how to fix it.

that's my snarky way of saying I know how to fix the issue if I had more details. but since a certain stubborn person will not give more details im going to leave this conversation chuckling to myself at the utter ignorance that is left in this conversations wake.