1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I despise the people in charge of the UI. Can we get some help?!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Apr 17, 2019.

1. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

2. Pavo

So this week they added this, and did not fix the Dark Rift Pop Up as it literally popped up when I logged in today across the whole middle of my screen.

At this point there is no other logical reason besides the developers just being ****ing assholes. The fact there is no option to turn this off and you can't move it just proves they are doing this just to be assholes, lazy, and outright ****ing incompetent.

There is no other way I can say it, since all the nice ways have been said, but to whichever developer/ team is behind these messages, YOU ( for the idiots around here, you can be plural as well) are assholes and I have nothing nice to say to you, but you need to be removed from Pearl Abyss. You should also be blackballed from the industry.

/ rant

Attached Files:

TarkusBlack and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

where can i get pop-up blocker for bdo

Lefteye, MADE and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

I haven't logged in to check, but I saw this in the patch notes:

It's like they're deliberately trolling us now

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

I bet the message cover the whole effing screen. I also bet the swimming will still be terrible.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  6. Pavo

This message window can be minimized, but it cannot be moved or turned off. It will always stay around the middle of the screen, off a bit to the right.

How about fixing the Forest Peridot Wagon Speed BUG where the wagon comes to a complete stop when it runs out of stamina. This is something you have claimed to be fixed a couple months ago, only to be ignored.

I have provided a SS of both the message that comes up when you go into the water, and what the message looks like when collapsed.

Attached Files:

#26 Pavo, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 and TarkusBlack like this.
  7. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

What. The. ****. That's awful.

Just how stupid do they think their own players are, that they would need an on screen guide to tell them that pressing Left makes your character swim left. Just how ****ing stupid would you have to be that you need that explaining to you? That's the level they think their players are at. It's insulting.

I'm done.

#27 TarkusBlack, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    4n6y, Ventesa and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

So now every time you get off your horse in a red zone your horse emblem pulses red even if there are no enemies nearby. Who the hell thinks that is needed? So sick of all the ui changes that have been happening.

MADE, Korvgubben and TarkusBlack like this.
  9. RNJaysus

RNJaysus Kunoichi 61 NA

Well... not to sound like a smart a55, BUT! This game is mainly made with Korea in mind first, so in other words no matter what we "want, need, is fkt up" we won't see a remedy for a long time. The only way to get change going is to engage in discussions with the Korean player base and see if they agree and are willing to voice opinions on their forum and such... anything short of that is going to take a super long time if it's even brought to PA's attention by kakao... so idk I gave up on this game's publisher and their limited conversations with PA. Just my 2 cents.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

Now when you finish the story quests in a region you get a sound like kaching and then a logo that loads slowly and turns your screen dim telling you that you have finished the regions Quests.

Why?

Are we that stupid that we do not know that we have just finished the quest line?

They really need to fire the people who keep making all these ****ing stupid decisions,

11. Lalala

My buttons for housing/maids/mounts etc they completely vanished someday and idk how to fix that.

12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

Somewhere in the ui window is something that turns off sometimes. Not in game at the moment so cannot check to tell you what.

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Most of the UI got rewritten already, but ok.

14. Pirsig

And the process was almost a perfect example of the "Never Do This" list in the most rudimentary UI/UX design manuals.

Even after all this time there are still major offenders. Information previously available at a glance after 1 click/keystroke now take 300-500% more user action to get to. Even the simplest logic, like having current session/day timer on the main P screen instead of total playtime. Total playtime which is ALSO included on the added History tab where they stashed away the current day/login timer.

No matter how (subjectively) good the UI looks, extra user action requirements are a detriment to UX.

Form should follow function, where it seems like they continually try to stamp function onto desired form.

#34 Pirsig, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. Pavo

Man, these developers can't even get Text Formatting right.

They have been working on text, text size since the game is released. This would be comical if it wasn't so sad and unprofessional.

But who really cares when they have raked in over 1 billion so far, afforded to buy out CCCP, afford to go self publish in most regions now.

The discrepancy between quality, quality control, customization (ironically while touting character creation customization as pretty much a flag ship, if not the main feature of the game) and how much revenue/ profit they have made almost breaks my brain. They literally borked the graphics recently, only to ignore all posts about it.

I mean this game has aspirations of being an esport, yet has the absolute worst and retarded CC system in the history of gaming.

The paradoxes and contradiction in this game, might lead to the end of the universe one day.

I have never played a game before (since about warcraft 2) that I have hated the publisher and developer as much as I do these 2 companies. The **** developer and publisher is probably the reason I end up quitting this game.

Sadly this is the state of general video gaming, especially the MMO market. I have stated a long time ago that this will be the last MMO I play. Basically, no mater where the MMO comes from, it's going this way. **** wow sells gold directly to players and calls it a catch up mechanic. Need I say more than that?! lol

16. Pavo

I don't know what else to say, there have been nice threads asking for this to be moved/ option to turn this off and there have been tons of threads shaming both kaka/ pa to fix this ****.

Yet nothing, but silence. Not even a justification of why they add messages like this, why they make them super intrusive/annoying, and why they add no option to move this or turn it off.

This happened to me while grinding at Aakman. Which is total ******** as it totally covered up my screen. Thankfully it happened when I killed the pack not when I was in the middle of killing it.

It's a shame because no one has any pride over there to actually give us the option of turning it off.

I mean how ****ing intrusive can you be and how can you ignore this for going on months now. This has caused so many deaths, so much crystal loss, and so many Elions Tears, it's like a ****ing scam to sell more Elions. ...... I guess? what else makes any sense, but some scumbag at PA decided this was worth it.....****ing sigh.

/rant

Attached Files:

Phoenixxx75, Korvgubben and Pook600 like this.
  17. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

Funny thing is that a few patches back, they said that the pop up was moved to better accommodate vision--

but that wasn't true as it has been in the same damn place since.

^^ Let's be nice, though, as PA and Kaka are a sensitive bunch and only listen to well mannered feedback.

18. Pavo

I try to be nice, than I get a troll ass CM/ GM and it triggers me. Or I try to be nice when typing, only for me to get "angrier" as I type and it hits me just how trolly and stupid the devs are and I get annoyed/ angry.

But I'm trying lol

19. Vanadiel

I think with Q2 road map and time ticking away, they simply have no time or resources to work on anything besides what is on Q2 road map.
    I mean, they acknowledge prior they did not have the resources to properly develop SA, and I bet that was less work than Q2 road map...

20. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Because opening the image of rifts, resizing it to 15%, moving it to the top or the side of the screen takes weeks of work

Korvgubben likes this.