1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dinged 58 to get my Shai gold... And I am never doing that again.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Nerdgoggles, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Nerdgoggles

What a miserable nightmare: 1 to 52 is a blink of the eye (and about 8 hours of bouncing around the map), but 52 to 58 in a single day was a marathon of misery through a minefield of all the broken / rancidly implemented systems in BDO.

From the typical absurdity of the RNG gear gating being more important than character level, to the incompetence of the marketplace strangling what should be the most healthy and active game economy outside of EVE, to the insanity of blood-red grade desert mobs giving *LESS* XP than bone white ones in the Sausage yard, to what should be critical equipment upgrade missions being obscurly burried in the side mission listings (talking about the upgraded adventure book), to needing to hijack the XP grind by rerunning old side missions for the combat XP since the end game XP curve strats doing back flips.

And on top of it all: The Shai totally sucks ass ... Absolute worst character in the game due to the total crap movement speed compound by the irritating hops instead of being able to sprint in combat mode, and then on top of that her move set is just flat lazy (seriously?!?!?! 4 combat skills & no combos!?!?!?!).

The only thing I liked about her was the healing moves.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the people who like her shouldn't play her if they want to (I'm kinda hoping you do, since I am planning on dumping her main & off hands right back on the market as soon as I get home from work) but I sure as hell won't be & I sure as hell will not be going through that miserable leveling marathon again if the GMs decide to rerun it for the next charracter that gets released: the 5 gold bricks were no where near worth it.

2. TwilightAngel

Well did you hear...... she a support and I actually enjoyed her.

Oh and most the time most classes iv seen only spam the 3 or 4 same skills when PvEing.

Also clearly the 500mil from getting her to lvl 58 was worth it to a lot of people

Two-Tu, Keldorn and VasilisD like this.
  3. Nerdgoggles

Well then, most people are boring: I main both tamer and kuno & it looks like I am playing the piano while firing off every single skill in their arsenal.

Shai was a tedious snore to play with with only 5 skills in rotation (maybe even a whopping 6 if you go "pro" and incorporate the front roll for the attack speed buff, chained into "Shift + LMB" then "S+LMB" then twirl for the rest of the fight) and her awakening better be a thesaurus of skills to dump skill points into after all of her basic skills only take about 100 to max out.

But whatever floats your boat ... So, you interested in buying a +15 florang?

Lefteye, TucoRamires and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. elynia01

dude ... ever heard of friends ??? guildies ??? that push u to 56 in literally 30 minutes ?? and in 2 hrs ur 58 ???

5. Myntiix

Yep, thats what i did for a friend at shultz.

elynia01 likes this.
  6. TwilightAngel

I have Pri Florang lol.

Also erm.......... did you not see what her awakening is and what the skills do? Again she a support/ buffing class. I do know PA from what been posted is watch Shai feedback and looking to adjust her dmg in PvP a bit and PvE, but they still focusing her on being more support than dmg dealing

7. Myntiix

Doesnt matter if shes a support. She is still THE most boring and tedious class out there right now. If a shai main want to make money she has to go to hystria and i just cant see myself doing hystria with her.

#7 Myntiix, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  8. Nerdgoggles

Yeah, I know her awakening is a bard class.

Just saying that there better be a ton of skills to go with it to make up for her basic skills being so bare bones.

They really should have made her a pet class like the tamer, only with the donkey as the summon & for how much the hop is the core of her mobility they should have given her a knock down kick skill (but really she should have had an aerial stun kick & some kind of AOE stomp).

9. yukishiro1

It's a terrible lazy class that was released with about 1/3 the work of a normal class to milk $$$ from a certain crowd. The fact that they had to bribe people with 500 million to get people to roll them (in the hopes they would then buy pearl items) says it all.

2Cents, crosspath, Felyni and 4 others like this.
  10. Seilla

And pearl abyss will soon reveal their real face, when her "awakening" releases. Mark my words, 3 awa weapons which all will be necessary to be viable in node wars/pvp. Sweet artisans and costume melting for pushing PENs on it.

Nerdgoggles likes this.
  11. cliveklg

Because you did it wrong. 2 hours to 55, go back start main questline, you ding 58 in another couple hours.

12. Nerdgoggles

And they put PJs on her to pretend like they are not courting the pedos, but as soon as she becomes old news and the media stops watching: they will go full Elin with her costumes.

13. ImNewPlayer

You're calling shai players pedo and you play a tamer. Pot calling the kettle black?

obitum, Wodahs and elynia01 like this.
  14. frumps

I'm a new player and had a great experience lvling to 58 with the new Shai class.

It must suck to be you, OP. You are conflating pedo and cuteness.The class isn't done yet and support classes almost always have less attacks than combat focused classes. You should feel bad for making this crybaby thread.

#14 frumps, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  15. Ambrotosia

Ambrotosia Lahn 58 NA

Does it sound like this dude would have friends??

frumps, elynia01 and Grammatolo like this.
  16. Nerdgoggles

My tamer isn't a little girl (I put quite a bit of effort into the creator making sure of that) ... I honestly forget that the stock tamer is a loli-con.

I make it a point to break my characters out of the mold PA sets, like my Kuno has got a big ass and little boobs / my Sorc is buff / my Musa is Black and has got a buzz cut.

Really wasn't much you could do with the Shai ... I really wanted to see if I could make her into an old lady, but PA locked out pretty much everything.

I've run 5 different guilds across 4 different MMOs, and 2 Alliances: after all that drama I am truly sick of everyone and their petty bull ****.

If I feel like talking to other people in game, I will troll Server chat.

#16 Nerdgoggles, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
    TucoRamires and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

level, breath, lifeskill, sp, all should be linked to 1 character lol

nobody likes to grind to 63 with every new characters except those koreans but NA is the one who pays the most money lol

TucoRamires likes this.
  18. Myntiix

How easy do you want it? Same gear for every class?

Wodahs likes this.
  19. Khondo

Just can't please some people !

But everyone plays differently and they are entitled to opinions.

20. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

u already get same gear for every class, weapon exchange coupons are a thing for every new characters, LMAO