1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think anyone cares about PvP anymore

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Exposed, Aug 27, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

they could have put amount of c9 bonuses on c30 then for all i care. amount of possible gains is the problem atm.

2. sajdas

But what about the whales that need that auto win ego boost in pvp? Have you consider their feeling!?!

3. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Imagine getting a ego boost in a game you brought cheats for to win in PvP. LUL

HucKa and sajdas like this.
  4. sajdas

Kind of explain hackers/scripters mentality in mobas/fps games

5. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

True, you aren't wrong there. Or the scripters that hack under the map in RUST to destroy and loot your base and think that they are top dog.

sajdas likes this.
  6. easay9

Honestly that would probably be a good thing then people can realize the game lacks the most important parts of an MMO, Massively MULTIPLAYER Online. There is no reason to interact with other players outside of the occasional pvp that no one does anymore( outside of on Arsha who are all geared AF and will win do to being over your gear that simple) or node wars which is dying more and more. The developers refuse to add any insentive to group outside of that. The game already has instanced zones so that excuse of this is a fully open world game so therefor it can have no dungeons and raids is out the window. If BDO had both these things and they were done well people would not leave the game to take a break from only grinding as often as they do this is FACT (especially now that there is a decent way to gear up with seasons and not want to rip your hair out with its garbage enhance system)

Take BDOs combat in general and throw it into any MMO that gets what it should mean to be multiplayer and you have one of the best MMOs around that simple.

#126 easay9, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Fearless V, sajdas and woots like this.
  7. Prokaizer

Prokaizer Maehwa

Bro it's not about the gear, it's about the whole system.

In BDO all you do is spam Super Armor skills in order to do not get CC'ed and you spam AoE's in order to hit a desynced player.
    If you go RBF you will see everyone spamming skills "ON AIR" because someone might be invisible or Desynced or they spam Super Armors 24/7 in order to do not get CC'ed.

BDO has the best MMO graphycs we all know that, but it's pvp is so bad compared to other games i've played and in every mmo game i've played the only things i cared about was x1 skins and x2 pvp.

In BDO as much as i like to PvP with other people who come to take my spot, it is disgusting to fight classes that dissapear from my screen and apear in another place of my screen 24/7 and not only that but they are immune to CC while they are doing that 24/7.

Just look at the differences in these two games :

Also in BDO you can have t4 fairy with infinity potion and it can heal you 24/7, using potions in Tournaments LOL >.>

8. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

oh_shit_here_we_go_again_said_the_dude.png

Just because the combat philosphy dont follow the standard(and your liking about following a premade idea of what is standard) of a 3 decade MMORPG combat system philosphy dont make BDO combat ****,if we put aside hardware/software limitation issues that is.

People do skill in the air but maybe not for the reason you think about it.Some classes get heals doing that or they prebuff themselves (with a wide spectrum of buffs ranging from move speed to DP and passing by AP)
    You should know by the time you played the game that your hp pool is a resource to sustain the fight like your mana pool is,if you didnt understood that then its on you.
    And LMAO for crying on pot usage on competition when you can be killed in 1-4 skills on your SA (it also make your complaint,on game philosophy, completely useless).

sajdas and IWalkAlone like this.
  9. Mayuri

Comparing BDO PvP to BnS PvP is unfair.

We're comparing an esport game which has tournaments with a price pool every year, an extremely high skill ceiling (probably the highest in the mmorpg scenario), equalized ranked 1v1s/3v3s, an extremely good balance (every class has a CD based 100 > 0 combo, evades, stun-breaks, openers, etc.) to a grinder where the first to land a cc wins (unless you take into account V, which cannot be used in BA).

They're two different things that cannot be compared, BnS has probably the best skill based PvP gameplay out there in the mmorpg genre.

woots likes this.
  10. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Funnily enough,thats the kind of stuff i wrote before i scrapped that part in my last reply.
    "In BnS every class can 100>0 but in BDO is the first CC who wins"care to explain the difference between those to an half uneducated player?(i played BnS like 5 hour before trashing it because my PC didnt wanted to launch the game anymore)
    Do BNS have support skill that completely turn the tide of a battle of a group when used like in BDO?(looking at witchards and valk with their support tools that give them enough reason to be "weaker" on killing and/or surviving potential than all other classes for a true balance)

11. Mayuri

Sure, first of all, I need to point out than BnS is an heavily 1v1 focused game, even the 3v3 mode is basically an 1v1 where you can tag out for a team member or "assist" (where the spectator up until that point can enter for 5 seconds to save his team member or secure a kill) both tagging out and assists can only be done twice per person with the assist being on a 30 seconds cd (if I remember correctly, it has been a while since I played that game).

The game has an open world gear based faction pvp or 6v6 gear based "bgs" but they're considered gear based chaotic trash, or whales land and therefore not taken seriously (meanwhile, both the 1v1 and 3v3 arena modes are equalized).

Now, for explaining my statement, every class in BnS has a remove CC skill on a 36 seconds CD (every class can remove roots or slows by dodging backwards, it has a cd, meanwhile, some classes can remove stuns twice, second time on a 1 min cd and other classes can remove grabs, still on a 1 min cd).

The 100 > 0 combos on BnS were "long", they required good timing and chaining multiple CCs and damaging skills in order to pull them off and every class had ways to stay "protected" and resist CCs.

Therefore, the 1v1 was based spotting a gap on the enemy defense, landing a CC and keeping it up to deal enough damage in order to force the enemy to use his remove CC skill, without using too many CDs and thus ruining your chance at a 100 > 0 combo, then, catching him again and finishing him before his remove CC skill was up again.

It required good timing, good class and game mechanics knowldges (like catches, since there were "soft" CCs that you could remove with less CD skills but opened you to a catch, which is basically a good timed follow-up CC) and keeping in mind your enemy CDs alongside yours (does he has enough skills to do a 100 > 0 combo off CD? Did he used his defense? How long until they're up again? Etc.).

In short, the game required lots of player ability in order to perform well, similar to fighting games.

BDO is way simpler because it has way shorter CDs, no way to remove CCs (unless we count V, which again, cannot be used in BA) and at high AP you don't even need a combo to kill your opponent.

#131 Mayuri, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  12. Prokaizer

Prokaizer Maehwa

@dobe "(i played BnS like 5 hour before trashing it because my PC didnt wanted to launch the game anymore)"

You claim that i have no idea about what i am talking about when i have 1.000+ hours in Black Desert Online.

You haven't even played BnS for 10 hours to see what real action based MMORPG game is and you throwing around insults in forums LoL.

People do skill in the air because this is the pvp in BDO, Super armor and iframe 24/7 or you are dead.

Just watch the video i posted. It is from a tournament lol. They do exactly what i am saying, the ranger is going pew pew pew non stop and the ninja is teleporting 24/7, if someone of them gets CC'ed then KABOOM insta V or insta Death.

And then people asking why the pvp scene is dead in this game.

easay9 and Fearless V like this.
  13. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

I see,it dont look like much different than the holy period of BDO.High AP was always a ****-show unless hardcountered by high DP (in the time where a full DP had enough killpower to kill a glasscanon build)then then the devs buffed the base DR,that benefitted everyone's tankiness nonetheless,but glasscanon benefitted the most then the devs added reknown that made the glasscannon hard-countered by only himself,then the devs scuffed their combos system that buffed even greater the glasscanons than the previous ****-change.Completely trash changes on the course of a less than 6 months that completely changed the surface of BDO.

But if you compare the ammount of movement of BDO with the ammount of movement in BNS you must admit having a CC-break will only make the fight between any skilled player with no battle gimped classes endless.( and if we discard stamina cost,because most of bdo roster either dont have any meaningfull stam cost or have working nostam PvP skills where they can recover the stamina).Maybe the addition of an anti grab skill (for all classes)which need to be activated within 0.3s from a grab attempt with a neutral repulse for both the attacker and the defender so none can punsih the other on 1v1 that would offer more benefit than harm for the game.

#133 dobe, Sep 8, 2020
    sajdas likes this.
  14. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

LMAO you have 1k hours and have no idea what you are talking about of BDO.Atleast I have AN excuse to be completely ignorant than you on the game's counterpart!
    Talking about insulting when its only a reflection about yourself.....

CAN YOU GIVE ME A PROPER ARGUMENT ABOUT THE GAME SO I CAN ATTACK YOUR ARGUMENT INSTEAD OF YOUR PERSON?!

15. woots

BDO never was slighty close to be as good as BnS when it come to the fight mechanic / management
    BNS have a real thought process behind all class, CC / CC break CD, so class ability, skill combo ( so ressources management ), skill movement etc. ( even if that game isnt made at all for "mass" pvp )
    Even, it goes without saying, its ofc not perfect, but still.

BDO always was a unbalanced sh#tshow with no real logic behind protection / CC, you cant even break grab, FG depending of a weird math use DP & beeing able to absord a certain amount of damage.
    Just the RNG CC & no CC break is enough to turn that game into a mediocre pvp game ( on top of all others absurdity )

The only BDO strenght is his good class usage via key combo and smooth fight in general, so ppl like to see a lot of "deepness" in the combat because its indeed more than engaging to use & play.
    But when it come to the mechanic & various setting related to combat, that game is just saddly very bad

but that's very sympthomatic of PA "gamedesigner" the first overall impression is very good because how its presented, but if you dig, its just just a failed mess. ( or lack a lot )

#135 woots, Sep 8, 2020
    Fearless V likes this.
  16. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Sorry but i cant even take you with a grain of seriousness when it comes to pvp.And something in your post tell me that you didnt even tried to git gud on PvP since the last time we discussed about classes mechanics being classes mechanics in others games but not in BDO.

17. woots

Dont take that seriously if it reassure your wish to keep the veil of "BDO is a good pvp game", but that's how it is.
    If BDO had a that good pvp side, the world would know and you wouldnt just had a that miserable amount of players "caring" about that. Just that says a lot about BDO pvp qualty.

BDO is a trash pvp game because mechanic are badly handled, it will never be as good & interesting as BnS, heck even GuildWars1 pvp was 1million time more demanding than this parody despite the very oldschool "tab targetting" and not having players do 2435 movement skill per second.

Dont get me wrong, i dont bash BDO just because, i would have really liked to have BDO offer a good and engaging pvp.
    But yeah, its so bad.

Fearless V likes this.
  18. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Oh Yeah the game was always trash when a gaming friend of mine which is one of the leader of a fairly well known corp on EVE online that love to play multiple kind of game(pretty much all kind of online game)but didnt liked much BDO told me in 2017/2018 from its own circle of people,about people he personnally know but also people he only heard about that in EU people were much more into Black desert Online but US people were much more into mechwarrior online(he told me at multiple time when we both played MWO).
    How the game was good or bad was clearly illustrated on his words at those times.
    And i trust his words way more than any stranger in quest of selfworth in a forum.

19. woots

it says a lot about your inability about understanding things when you turn things all personal when its actualy not at all.
    That's such a strange habit in that BDO community

So as i said, until you stop try understanding like if it was personal, you might get the arguments related to the game mechanic correctly

Fearless V likes this.
  20. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Yeah your "opinion" about it being badly handled with 0 thought on it by the devs was completely outlined by your lack of experience within bdo to talk on the matter.So?!How much value your "opinion" have?
    Answer:"Close to 0".