1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think anyone cares about PvP anymore

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Exposed, Aug 27, 2020.

1. woots

You mean you dont want my observation to be true ? suit yourself, you dont offer anything interesting here beside trying to be the classic BDO players "attacking" the person like if would invalidate anything instead of what beeing said.

Boring. Go pvp in BDO as apparently you consider it be such amazing pvp game instead of trying doing that on the forum.

Fearless V likes this.
  2. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

Why should i want your observation to be true?If its not true by fact backed by experience and knowledge within the game then an individual have no right to "make it true or not".Your opinion come from your comparison from BDO with what you want your dream game to be about and not to what BDO is about in itself with if those system self-sustain themselves and work as a whole.
    Yeah i spend my time here to dismiss people like you spreading their opinion about the PvP while being a complete PVER with 0 stake in said PvP and can potentially ruin the game for all with baseless opinions and assumptions.(iits not like it didnt already happened)

IWalkAlone and PeaceInChaos like this.
  3. Nellz

The problem with people in your position, whether or not what you're saying is objectively true or simply subjective bias (in this case, it is most definitely the latter), is you're just a forum lurker bashing a game.

If the game is so 'sadly very bad,' as you put it, just move on. There is literally no point in lurking on the forums of a game you clearly don't play anymore (and if you do: WHY, if you think it's so bad?) to spread toxicity. Just be mature and move on to something else. Most of us here enjoy the game, appreciate it for what it is and understand that complaining about PvP balance in any MMO is absurdly ridiculous as it has never been achieved in the history of the genre, nor will it ever be.

There are a select few forum trolls that like to stick around and be toxic, even though most or all of them don't even play anymore, and for what reason? It's quite clear through most of your/their posts that you/they truly don't understand BDO mechanics at the highest level to appreciate the level of skill involved in a 1v1 fight between two similar-geared players. If you've never studied or played fighting games like Street Fighter to a high level, which BDO's combat highly mirrors, you'll likely never understand it. So instead of making yourself look ignorant and foolish by being a forum-lurking toxic troll, just focus on whatever game you do play. Sound good?

4. woots

If you start with a that biaised understanding,; no wonder. If you think ppl bahs to bash, then i'am sorry, but your thought process is as limited as the mob AI.

I have no reason to bash a game just to bash it. No idea what kind of personal frustration you have to get to end like that, but i'am not emotionaly involved with a game like many here, so apparently like you that need to run somes argumentum ad personam.
    When its good, its good, if its bad, then its bad.

You do realise that its a pvp topic, and BDO isnt about pvp.

Stop be biaised

"experienced" and knowledge doesnt change the inherent game rules creating limitation into the particular possible, so tactic possible in the game. ( and a lot of others details making the difference between good pvp environment and failed one )

And for that, there is no way around, just speaking about BnS, BDO provide a mediocre pvp despite the more than engaging class usage.

You dont need to be a pro chess master to understand and know that this game will be FAR deeper than the game of the goose.
    Unless you are unable to think by yourself

I dont compare BDO with "a dream game" i compare ( well i'am not the one that started that comparison ) with a mmo well knowed to be have a very good pvp ( at least for the 1v1, as indeed "mass pvp" doesnt suit BnS at all ) so backed up by years of official tournament
    And its not hard to see where BDO fail very hard, if you open your eyes a bit and pull your head off from the "BDO cant be anything else than the best game for eternity" fanboy syndrom

And yup its about how BDO manage his mechanic and how his pvp end to be : cared by barely no one

You mean you dismiss ppl by playing the argumentum ad personam ? yeah that's says a lot indeed ;)

#144 woots, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  5. Vortexii

What you are advocating is actually quite toxic and harmful to everyone. You are essentially telling people to not point out flaws or voice their opinions to help make the game better.

Example: Striker/Mystic where absurdly OP upon their release. Their bonus magic defense gave them an overwhelming advantage over other classes. What you advocate is in the situation is, don't bring this up. Look "all no game is perfectly balanced so don't even try".

Instead: The developers listened to the feedback and today their extra damage reduction is severely nerfed.

NO THX, to you.

Instead: Can Zerkers chain grapple for infinity?

Do classes sit around with infinite lingering SA?

People like you have no part in those changes that make the game better.

#145 Vortexii, Sep 8, 2020
  6. Nellz

Uh, what? You're in a forum for a game you don't play, calling it a very bad game. If you aren't bashing, why are you here? You haven't provided any type of constructive criticism, just came into the thread out of the blue to talk about how trash BDO is compared to BnS. That is bashing, period. There is absolutely nothing constructive about it. Go play BnS and stop coming to these forums. You clearly are emotionally involved, otherwise what reason would you have to keep coming to the forums to a game you don't play to simply bash it.

That's absolutely not what I'm telling people to do. Go ahead and reread my post you troll. Not once did I say anything about not having constructive conversation about PvP/class balance. That is normal and positive conversation that helps bring awareness to good changes that can be made about the game. I said complaining (key word there bud) about class imbalance and spreading toxicity calling the game bad, trash, etc. especially when you don't even play anymore is pointless and immature.

You gave good examples of topics of discussion at the end of your post. Problem is, 99% of the posts from you forum trolls are not constructive like that, and you know it. It's always just talking about how garbage the PvP is because of p2w, desynch, FPS, etc. etc. etc. None of that is constructive at all, it's just toxic trolling. Look no further than this thread for proof.

7. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

""experienced" and knowledge doesnt change the inherent game rules".That is completely true however what you wrote after that cannot be considered at all if you dont come up with a nearly full disclosure about your options and general plays on each games.(and that mean to be completely skillfull on both game with loads of experience to talk on the good and the bad of both game,which you proved yourself you are not even experienced enough in BDO to even scratch the surface.Ask @Mayuri to help you make a case here as he is way closer than you to be the ideal person to give a realistic disclosure on both game along a valued opinion of a skilled player.)

You are probably the last person on this forum who have the right to write this given how much hypocrisy and dishonesty you shower the forum on weekly basis.

You are full of bias,comparing 2 games so much different that is orange to apple with the same criteria and rules...There is no comparison between them as @Mayuri wrote and explained later(even if he wasnt partial on its first comparison).Currently there is no game known of where you can pull out A FAIR COMPARISON with BDO to begin with but you can completely see if a system is good or bad IN ITSELF moreso if you have a massive experience and being knowledgeable of massive number of games of different kind.
    SINCE WHEN I HAVE A FANBOY SYNDROM WHEN I BASHED HARD THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME IN THIS VERY SAME THREAD JUST BEFORE YOU WROTE TO ME.HOW DID YOU MISSED THAT?DISHONESTY MUCH OR IS IT A COMPLETE TUNNEL VISION FROM YOU???

OK at this points it's not a tunnel vision its just pure dishonesty as per usual every week you shower bdo forum with your full denial mode and dishonesty rethoric scheme,that is your bread and butter combo on this forum when your are confronted to fact and opinion that dont belong to your church's faith.
    Heres is your own repertoire of argumentation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies .Indeed thats a good repertoire...of traps to avoid when arguing,which is NOT a todo list!

When i'm attacking the person its always after i dismantle argument after argument after argument of the same personn or the same subject to which i argue which they completely play themselves and i'm here to say that to them....But everyone who lurk on the forum know this and how much it cost to someone who dare to shower me with half-baked b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t. and for sure you do know yourself but for some reason choose to be willfully ignorant and think you are valid when your completely out of the window.

Do you also say witchards is the main problem in the game and should be deleted?Cause if it wasnt specifically for them striker maybe wouldnt have its bonus MR on tops of its super tankiness!!!Wait i feel a deja vu here...

IWalkAlone, Nellz and PeaceInChaos like this.
  8. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

First of all, BDO is a gear-centric game. I'm sure you know that, but for those that don't, gear progression is a huge focus in this game, like it or not.

With that very obvious fact out of the way, IDK why you always make like geared players are constantly hunting down weak players. I can't help but LOL at statements like that, like, who's mother did you insult to make people hunt you down all the time? That's a joke, obviously but you get the point - strong players "hunting players in low to mid tier spots" is pretty damn far-fetched. You might get PK'd on a normal server once in a while, but you make it sound blown way out of proportion as to not adhere to reality. Are you sure you're not logged into Arsha?

"Most just hunt easy targets to get a response" - again, who's mother did you insult to make people hunt you down?

I've heard from the vast majority of people I've talked to on the forum or in-game about PK's - the VAST majority, if not every one of them - say getting PK'd on non-Arsha channels is rare.

I don't even know why you blow things out of proportion. You're low level and low-gear. Best to leave the comments on BDO PvP to the people who actually have experience in it :)

Nellz likes this.
  9. woots

its not opinion, someone already described enough difference between BnS & BDO just go back to Mayuri words page7. its just a fact of the lack of deepness of that game. That not even speaking about the absurd skill management, so how are managed SA - FG RNG CC RNG resist + pot spam + whatever buff + gear2win + all desync + class with bad care for balance etc etc

there is WAYYY too much things totaly wrong with BDO in his mechanic and in his core, you cant have a fine pvp scene with that, doesnt matter if somes look to want to hold on to it because the "key combo" to cast is give a pleasant feeling and for now , no others games do that. ( and still are blinded because its "dynamic" )

But the game is pretty bad when it come to pvp.

Now you like that despite the insane flaw, and dont have enough experience with deeper and well managed fight game, whatever
    But it will never change how BDO failed that to end with just a very mediocre pvp, and you perfectly see that with the poorness of the pvp scene, so no big tournament, never was slightly close to some form of esport, the siege trading.. etc.

You seem to have skip a lot that part KEKW, i see nothing that dismantle anything
    1- holding to : you have no experience based on nothing
    2- .. hum, the "git gud" like it meant anything at all.

woooots, such a "argument dismentlation" here ! impressive POG.

its a valid comparison as thoses games are mmorpg providing a pvp side, both have the same "root" = class, skills to damage, HP pool, CC usage, and both are action-ish mmo.
    Its totaly fine to compare how both games manage somes "base" mechanic and notice how one was extremly popular vs one that never went anywhere and always was pretty mocked at outside of the hardcore fanboyz world.

its a fine comparison to outline how BDO devs was unable to manage pvp side correctly, despite having the base for it.

uh what ? i'am on a forum of a game on a particular topic that represent 5% of the game not that much care about, and then you imagine i dont play the game because i consider that BDO pvp failed ?

there is some SERIOUS logic error 404 here.

#149 woots, Sep 8, 2020
  10. PeaceInChaos

IWalkAlone and Nellz like this.
  11. PeaceInChaos

Apparently. I've had a few questionable changes happen to me too, it is what it is bro. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Nellz

Yeah, I'm about there lol. Just mindless drivel.

The sad part is, I'm the one defending the game and he was the one being a toxic troll, yet the mod changes my 'insult.' In what world is 'Karen' a worse insult than 'donkey'!? Lol.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  13. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Imagine bashing other for being what you perceive as toxic, while being completely toxic yourself. LUL

14. easay9

White Knight defending BDOs PVP right here^

honestly after playing XIV for boss fights dungeons and a amazing story I can say thier PVP is more balanced then this game lol its sad but its the truth. ( i didnt say XIV pvp was fun it really wasnt but I can say that there was no 1 CC you dead happening in that game and every class had a role to play unlike this game.)

Prokaizer and Fearless V like this.
  15. Nellz

'Perceive' lol. There is no perception of toxicity, your behavior either is or isn't. I challenge you to find a single post in this thread where I've been toxic. Spoiler alert: you won't.

16. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

He didnt even fully disclosed on what you can do,what you cannot do,the general gamepaly,tricks,what to expect on the higher lv of skills,why stuffs is good or bad within their own systems on both games....
    That is an opinion not a fact until you bring elements that completely prove you right but you wont make your own argument with your own experience and fact because your are lacking on it (and also probably lacking on skills in BNS too despite the game having years of tournament,that is a baseless opinion of mine as i dont know you and your history outside of BDO forum which you clearly demonstrate how "knowledgeable" you are with BDO which in turn make me doubt about the validity of your opinion on any other games ).What make a lack of deepness of the BDO?Because you "spam" skill to stay protected?That's only the surface dude, you cant make up stuff about "deepness" when you only see the surface without even trying to go deeper and without talking about the fact they have no correlation between them.(though a game that you dont have to spam skills in the air may look like more skilled to the untrained eyes/completely fresh people)

What do you mean precisely?Because i have several answer to give you but more importantly do you even know yourself what is their ties?Then explain it yourself before i make the answer.(it will give you more credit if you answer before i'll explain it to you)

Opinions,you didnt even explained once what and why its factually bad.

Also opinion you still didnt explain why this or that are factually bad,you also have 0 basis to make any claim on my perception of game's qualities and given the **** you speak about BDO i can bet i'm more skillfull than you on video games at large outside of RTS(which i completely suck) and board games.
    You also have no first hand experience on issues and only relying on hearsay you heard(i dont say its baseless,its a fact about siege scene and the higher NW scene but it wasnt always like that,stuff you had no idea about yet speaking out of your arse).
    ESport come with the appreciation of the public.Its more difficult to export a game on ESport lv with a game's philosphy on the polar opposite of what the audience expect to see when the same game have no issues with balance(i'm not saying its the case for BDO).

Its not like you are able to see anything actually (not even yourself),though i'm not saying baseless stuff like you with such a claim...
    Its also not like our different began in this thread anyway.
    Its also not like i dont have anything to have a basis about yourself when all your BDO post history prove me right.

By your logic if comparing apple to orange is an okay comparison should we try to pierce a hole with an electric screwdriver and screwdriving with an electric drill?After all they are both electric powered automated tools applying a rotative force...
    Anyway if you take it as a 1v1 game then you should take Continent of the ninth seal for your comparison with BDO anyways as it is the closest you can get of bdo early philosophy,and what the videos suggest on BNS and BDO they are completely different game on its own philosophy thus no comparable for "the basis" as they dont even share the same basics(i might be wrong on this one but blame the video for that eh).

For sure,but thats what happen to any game when you dont listen to the right people and make the game $$$ first then FUN last.

LMAO.
    I'm being treated of whiteknight when i forumclap whiteknight and haters alike and any one in between when they are full of BS/no basis for their opinions/wrong complaints/untrue facts.AMAZING!(thx for that laugh anyway)How good is your private server anyway?!

17. easay9

see people keep bringing the private server when talking to me acting like thats a insult. I had fun while I was on there probably more fun then on actual BDO servers during the times when PA was the most greedy , but its been probably 2-3 years since Ive been on them and PA eventually got less greedy to the point I could actually tolerate it a bit I mean heck now with season they are giving away what is basically free rerolls when they were what 80$ before? they are being extremely generous to the point I feel like they have a new lead in their office as it doesnt make sense otherwise. either that or they are finally realizing they are losing players :Hmmmm.

"when they are full of BS/no basis for their opinions/wrong complaints/untrue facts."

I mean I have opinions of someone whos eyes were opened to games that are not strictly BDO I know what a good MMO needs to have at this point BDO lacks anything at the end of its long rainbow, and I think nowadays everyone sees the issues with the pvp which is why so few do it anymore.

Fateneko and Fearless V like this.
  18. PeaceInChaos

To me, the biggest downfall of BDO PvP is the lackluster tangible reward we get for doing it - there's simply no point to PvP here when it comes to tangibility, aside from "gitting gud", which doesn't translate into direct, tangible gains (IE: silver), and I think that's the main reason BDO PvP is suffering. "Fun" is not tangibility. You can't hold "fun". "Fun" isn't an AP bracket. We have node war / siege payouts, yes, but the amount of silver you get from it? Moot compared to even one hour of grinding.

I think if BDO introduced ways players could effectively progress their characters via PvP, PvP would rise in player interest.

Not everyone likes the combat system, and that's fine, but that's nothing but personal opinion. The combat system, desync, class imbalance aside, at the core, BDO PvP is actually very well made, considering the super fast, twitch-reactionary style of BDO's combat. Maybe people die too fast, sure, but we have actually seen evidence that many players actually don't want a longer TTK (listen to lots of people complaining about the RBF changes), unless it applies to themselves, and themselves only.

We need better ways / more incentive to PvP in BDO. One way of accomplishing that is allowing players to earn a decent income by doing PvP activities. And no, playing 17 RBF matches and winning every one of those to make 100 million silver is NOT a decent income (this excludes money from RBF crystals) in relation to grinding and gathering.

Nellz, Fateneko, sajdas and 1 other person like this.
  19. woots

its a fact, and it was its already explained here why BnS mechanic offer way deeper fight management, so well more rounded / studied to provide a good pvp environment as BnS had big esport tournament during years, ( first kr then vs jp vs na vs eu.. etc )

=> if it wasnt that well made, esport wouldnt had been a thing

its a fact that BDO had jack sh#t beside little whatever self organized "tournament" barely anyone cared about, everytime it was broadcasted on twitch

=> you cant have more proof ( others than all the well known bad management i already talked about ) about BDO pvp going nowhere as it never was took seriously outside of somes little amount of BDO fans. Its a sign of a mediocre pvp that will only be really liked by fans, but never reputed outside. ( unlike a BnS pvp )

proof has be brought several time already.

Now the opinion part is : is BDO pvp good enough for you or not, that is the opinion part. There is nothing wrong to like games having SO many flaw that they are objectively mediocre despites somes good side

Yet it will never change ( unless a miracle happen at PA ) that since 5years BDO pvp is very meh ( while it could have been brought to the top tier because of how you play a class with the key combo & because indeed using a class is very fluent & enjoyable )

You still really understand nothing dont you. ( or dont want to like that your dear BDO wouldnt be treated as bottom tier pvp game )

The attention was on somes games mechanic details ( and thoses details management are what make great game vs bottom tier pvp game ), both games share the sames game mechanic ( like MANY others games, BDO or BnS never invented class / HP pool / ressources to cast skills, combo CC.. ), while the difference is about how thoses mechanic are managed.
    Therefore you can perfectly compare thoses point.

I would sure not compare mabinogi with BDO for exemple as the skills management, so fight mechanic are indeed totaly different, nor use GW1 as exemple as the class management & skills & CC also are really different ( even if to somes extend you could compare how thoses games managed CC / CC removal / class interaction in party etc )

But BnS & BDO as action mmo are really close enough.

#159 woots, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  20. IWalkAlone

B&S is the worst mmo to compare to BDO.Both have very diferent ideas.One is 1vs1 and everything else is left behind the other thries to be everything, but with too many things comes too many problems.I can agree for this comparison only for one point - 1v1 PvP.But yet both fights are diferent.And ofc B&S is more layered and more polished fight.But I prefer BDO combat.Is it beter? Its personal choise, but for sure it needs polishing.

PeaceInChaos and sajdas like this.