1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think anyone cares about PvP anymore

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Exposed, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Mayuri

I didn't even go in that much in depth about BnS 1v1 mechanics, because it would take me too much time to do so, for example, the remove cc skill also applies a cc if you manage to hit your enemy with it, creating situations where cc'ing your opponent is actually bad for you.

That game combat system was designed around 1v1s, more like fighting games, it simply cannot be compared to other mmorpgs, it's on a legue of it's own.

Personally, I think BDO combat system has it's flaws and balance issues, but, that doesn't mean it's not fun or cannot be fixed, it's a very good combat system and it wouldn't take much to make it better (except the part where they have to re-write the engine because some animations are tied to frames, oh, well).

#161 Mayuri, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Naho, sajdas, onaco and 2 others like this.
  2. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

I did not mean it as an insult,you had your fun good for you though i hope you played on a version before the brackets else you played yourself.
    Sorry but i'm doubtfull when you call me a whiteknight when i'am the first to bash on the game where it needs to be bashed...(and also your previous statements about game's mechanic in others threads)

@Mayuri only provided a QUICK OVERVIEW of the mechanic he didnt explained ON DEPTH,you on the other hand didnt offered anything and YOU are riding on HIS statement.
    DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A QUICK OVERVIEW AND A DEEP DESCRIPTION?
    No you dont because if you'll know the difference between them you'll have done it when i requested it to you instead of riding on your hearsay's statement....You wont make a good point if you are not willing to fully commit to it.You didnt even answered what are the ties between
    BNS is so good of a game and so good of the balance that make it Esport ready yet the 1v1 tournaments were dominated by BM==>baseless assumption from hearsay.Is it true?! i freaking dont know....Thats the lv of your statements.
    What make a game ESport ready?
    1. Completely stable netcode that dont make matches a game of chances.
    2. Skillfloor+skillcap+skillceiling completely understandable for the masses eyes.
    3. Near good balancing.
    1 and 2 is the absolute requirement to make any game an esport,Wich BDO failed miserably and BNS successfully did it.The 3rd is a + but if you dont do it correcly it only bring bad presses and may kill the game potential to be esport material.
    There is no secret for anyone about bdo netcode issues,its also probably the less understood game,on its fighting mechanics by its own masses of players,currently in the market.If they limited their balancing to 1v1 and NW,they could have achieved a good balance,but the game being a grinder(that dont offer much beside grinding on its own) it make it impossible to have a good balance between the 3 aspect,even if they listened to the right peoples unless they made 1 skill specific for grinding with the same AOE size,NOCD,same damage while being the most damaging skill for PVE with 0 damage for PvP for all classes.

But why its that?One of the biggest reason is not even game design.Its about the reach of the company.We are comparing between a company with more than 20 year of services under the same name VS a newcomer on gaming.That alone explain why bdo had so poor reach to begin with,then you add a skillflloor+skillceilling being completely confusing for the medium pvp player and you have that result.
    IF tomorrow NCSOFT do its own copy pasta of bdo,their game will instantly gain 10 thousands times more views on twitch and 10 times more revenue than bdo without intrusive cashop and downgraded game experience for more revenue.

Proof being an opinion that you dont even committed to,with 0 explanation so far on why it is that way or why feel that way?Me too i can say stuff like that "MechWarrior online is better PvP game than Blade and soul will ever be".See how it goes?

Proof from gutfeeling is not a valid proof...if you dont explain why it is that.

It was good in the past but not anymore,if you read my posts....
    It already changed mutliple times over the course of the years and every veteran knows that....An another proof of being completely unaware of the game you are playing.

Whatever....

Again no depth in the explanation atleast the last time you wrote that you had the decency of limiting the genre of a game because if i have to cite games genre sharing the very same concept that you wrote then we get:
    • Fighting games:They have HP& ressources,their own set of CC for comboing(stun/stagger/knockdown/grapples),they are hero based(classes),with their own skills(input commands instead of shortcuts).
    • Classes based FPS and TPS:they have their own HP and ressource,they have their own set of CC for comboing(flinches),they are classes based with their own skills(shortcuts and contextual interactions).
    • Any real combat simulators:They have hP&ressources,their own set of CC for comboing(if you get punched in real life you are flinched if it not make you KO or KD/grapples etc.For planes depending of generations,you only have your gun to punch holes on the planes frames for limiting its performance until killshot for WW sim,or you use different kind of missiles ranging from heat detection to active radar detection to make the enemy planes loosing energy if your not killing it outright for air modern sims and etc,classes based(every vehicles cannot be considered the same even variants of the same vehicles "base"),with their own skills(not skills itself but loadout options used by shortcuts).
    Thats a super wide range of games genre to share the same traits....

Why not?You like to compare oranges to apples so by your logic there is no reason to not compare BDO to mabinogi.
    And why not comparing BDO to a fighting game?Why not comparing BNS to a fighting game?

3. woots

why would i repeat what someone already explained, you dont make sense, that is purely useless and doesnt change what i've said

that's very old, they made a lot of change, and no game so balance is perfect , yet doesnt change how far more in depth BnS will always be vs BDO.
    its far to be only that, it need a well thought management of the game mechanic ( balance attack vs defence, iframe management, how cc are used, how to break cc, so balance between both, combo requierment, ressource usage / resplendishment, so class mechanic as BnS provide )

its requier far more than your very simplistic requierment overvview. ( that not saying BnS in the west also had lag issue, because you know, kr game, not thought for our territory )

BnS doesnt belong to the top tier mmo pvp ever created for no reasons. So like BDO doesnt belong to the bottom tier for no reasons either as it saddly failed on many aspect, only how you play a class actualy saved the game ( so the good artistic work for the animation / effect )

congratz you start to understand how somes points from games can be compared despite having somes differences.

You dont want that, or BDO will even fall way deeper into the badly handled game mechanics.

Even if mabinogi doesnt really use "classic CC" its all about way more complex rock paper scissor and skill combo, based on load time / cast time, load time cancel, skill chaining, as there is no class but just a "skill pool" players pick & rank up.
    That game is, way too unique when it come to how they managed the combat part.
    Even if overtime they kinda destroyed the essence of the combat system with their op pet skills.
    But whatever.

#163 woots, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  4. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

You said nothing and its why i'm keeping repeating myself like a broken record....OMFG.

AGAIN NO DEPTH ON EXPLANATIONS,because its lacking depth about what is good and what is bad,you're opinion's value equate to nothing...
    /facepalm

Again you have nothing to write about and just venting hot air,else you would already wrote a long essay on how good BNS is and how bad BDO is, and if wrote with true fact and valid argument with a detailed explanation i wouldnt had any room to challenge it.

5. woots

OMFG someone already provided in depth enough explaination, resolve your thought process error 404 to get that i dont need to repeat like a parrot.

You have so much nothing to say that you only hod tight to that as it would change anything.

I thought you were supposed to bring interesting counter argument, but instead you just play the argumentum ad personam of some sort.

6. easay9

LOL Im just gonna ignore the guy at this point hes a level 60 Lahn and claims to be right about everything in BDO

7. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

rofllahn60.png
    Where is my lv 60 lahn?You dont even know how forum works rofl.(I must admit that one was easay of a counter!)

8. PancakeRift

upload_2020-9-10_14-18-40.png

Right there
    Forums be slandering you for playing such a cheap class lmao

9. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

And by extrapolating with my screenshot what will be the conclusion?

10. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Imagine calling Lahn a cheap class when there are quite a few other classes that grossly overpower her in 1v1s and Large Scale. LEL

11. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

You misunderstood him.He was joking about that.But its true there are people who legit think that way.Look at @easay9 comments.

PancakeRift likes this.
  12. ColdCashDivine

Why would I care about a content where who desyncs first wins?

13. PancakeRift

That his assumption was based in information that the forums provided before you went all CSI on his ass.

dobe likes this.
  14. PancakeRift

Its weird how you take me seriously on everything I say Fearless. Your inner narrative of me must be a interesting read.

15. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

I have no inner narrative of you. Stop fantasying.

16. PancakeRift

Eh, with the complete fabrications you have made about me in other threads says otherwise. Its all been pretty funny, however not worth getting into because it has nothing to do with this particular thread.

17. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

And he will call me out a filthy lahnlier main,lying is arse off,photoshoping his own account's screenshot to win an argument!

PancakeRift likes this.
  18. easay9

I think your over reacting to what the forum clearly shows your a 60 lahn but ok whatever you say since you must always be right it seems.........