1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i guess it all makes sense now ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jensen, May 31, 2018.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

that was introduced long time before artisans. :D

but people are blind and dont see how all the cash shop perks stack up and influence your silver gain :D

2. Dringe

I'd be more likely to believe that PA purposely upsets the playerbase with their patches to have an excuse to shut the game down and just focus on making low effort money from BDO Mobile.

3. Atron

You forgot *hits blunt*

Mgp and HitGoat like this.
  4. unrealaz

The KR people were making 6 stones per hour, if it's trippled it's 18 stones. Still worse than enchanting.
    Like I said, 1 TET (from TRI) is on avg 800m. If you are above that you don't know to failtack, how to enchant or calculate wrong.

5. Catastigma

RNG man. RNG. some people reach 200 failstack just for TET thier Dandy.

Average dont exist in BDO. i blow up completly more that 20 billion just for my TRI ogre. and for the last 3 month and blow up already 13 billion for try TRI Narc/Tungrad.

No neutral luck in BDO. you are Heavly lucky or you are Heavly unlucky.
    Djules is proof of this, and not an exception.

Just for TRI a Kutum this cost me more that 500 Hard stone and 150 sharp
    and i dont overexagerate. i am very serious.

#25 Catastigma, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  6. 2Cents

Yes, most players hold their chin up high and want to pat themselves on the back for pressing a button.

Notice how all these "PVPERS" don't choose Striker/Mystic, but rather they roll sorcs and ninja's for PVP right?

7. Columba

The “Every Good Scotsman”logical fallacy again. People who disagree with me can’t be good at pvp, so my position is the only valid position. Circular logic.

8. LightningFFXIII-4

or you can just join a payout guild and put 2mil preorder for each memory frag. I mean your getting 235-835mil a week, might as well right?

9. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

No fallacy, just common sense. If you see any redeeming qualities in rng combat elements then you didn't do any PvP to begin with.

Haydenmango, Scixer, HoloRE and 5 others like this.
  10. Iroha

Iroha Oregairu Musa 61 EU

We're both using the decimal number system.
    I say 2+2 is 4
    But you say 2+2 is 3

I explain why it's 4.

You "disagree" and continue to spout the answer is 3. Why should I bother giving you the time of day when y'all are clearly just trolling at this point?

Mesuka, Scixer and HoloRE like this.
  11. Alicia Dominica

That analogy just doesn't hold up. In this particular case, it would mean that whoever sinks the most hours into football would automatically become a top football player. But this obviously isn't true, because such accomplishments in real-life are about more than simple time-investment.

If you want to argue about fairness and what it means in a competitive environment, you would have to ensure that players of similar skill/progress are competing against each others. BDO has no such mechanics whatsoever and simple time-investment is being rewarded above all else. To add insult to it all, you can scam those people investing money on top of it as a player with a lot of time and there is no way anyone can ever catch up. But sure, let's keep crying about p2w and how you deserve endless advantages for simply "sticking around".

Ah, I see, you didn't have any issues with artisans memories back when you used them yourself, but now that you decided to boycott the game through not purchasing pearls anymore, you have to call p2w over it. Thank you for the clarification, I understand now.

12. Josh28

Agreed. Dueling under-geared friends on my Valk with 60% resists and penetration went the same. RNG is stripping too much control from the fight, and slow CC attacks leave you greatly vulnerable to faster ones, especially people with lower ping. Though RNG doesn't matter with sufficient GS score gap, that depends on classes too.

I would fix this with different resistance-penetration on each individual Skills that have CC and their duration revised... E.g. A skill with 2 sec cast time have +30% resistance penetration and Stuns for 3.75 seconds as opposed to one instant-casted that stuns for 1.60 seconds with only 10% resistant penetration, and to keep control of the fight, these resistances could work beyond the 60% PVP resistance limit to give a 90% stun chance on an ultimate skill. Of course, not too many skills with cc...gotta make em count~

However, such implementation seems too difficult for the current DEV team PA has...notice how they're simply using existing mechanics...not adding anything new really. The irony is that I don't think people would get so mad if they actually added something new instead of remodeling a game that was a beautiful puzzle into what's considered modern art with glue and cash shop discounts.

13. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

I'm beginning to lose hope about them bringing Caphras over :(

14. Catastigma

Commun sense is a Fallacy bias
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Common_sense

Commun sense is not more that a Religious ********. Commun sense depend completly of the person and of this cultural environnement.

15. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

[​IMG]
    Posting wiki links instead of tackling the actual argument, you are the real PvE hero. Go ahead, explain why trading in reliable and reproducable CC protection mid combat for some RNG reliant diceroll system is a good thing. Tell us why taking away control from the player and lowering the skill ceiling makes for good and enjoyable gameplay.

16. RP Tzuyu

pvp was already about gear, with the renown sytem, the geared players are even stronger than before, the new cc system means u gotta kill them with 2. cc and combo burst (huge AP needed), the newest cc only in pve means ur probably need more AP to kill since u probably cant chain cc in awaken and u gotta kill them as u use skills, more AP is needed

then once the new evasion patch comes in.... all these AP ape will start doing less dmg in that meta, and force to reroll gears back to accuracy to do dmg... and they probably gonna change the cc system so it works in the evasion meta....

double droprate is great deal for new players who cant failstack or have tons of mems, so pearl cash shop, artisans will be on highest demand.... that x4 is always a great deal

17. Catastigma

all game have RNG. Best pvp game have RNG. Everythink is rule by a dice.
    even the beach of damage, and the Critical.

Lineage 2. The Best Pvp game of this century. have the much annoying and OP RNG CC system.

Rng already proof how much
    already has to prove at such points it is important.

A game without RNG is a game where you will never be surprise. and the game will be monotonous and boring.
    It's like playing chess and already knowing the stategy of your opponent.

Before the CC change. I see. directly when i do a grap, that this will be a sucess and i will win. No surprises.
    Is like fighting a Zerk in 1v1.
    You know that if you cannot one shot im. The first grap and all is done and you have no other choice that ESC->Escape.
    No surprise., you already know the result. is not fun. is like know the end of a movie before watching it.

Fortnite is soo popular exactly cause of this. when pubg is concidering annoying and boring

And I will not hide to say that Fortnite is a lot more skill asking than Pugshit
    Exemple
    What fight will look fun to watch ?
    round1.jpg
    this one

Or
    round12.jpg
    this one ?

For me. definitly the second one. cause i cannot say who will win.. cause the first one. i can already say that the First to attack win. for me . the second one is more balance and fair. cause the fight initiation is situational.

#37 Catastigma, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  18. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

First off: Get lost with this kiddo garbage. The best competitive shooters -Quake, UT, Counter Strike- have zero RNG. Zilch. Hence why those breed the best competitive environment.

Second: You don't even understand what RNG means lmao. You're describing unpredictability, which is (or rather was) a skill factor in BDO combat. Jesus, such a pointless wall of text. Is it time to Blitzkrieg your country again?

19. Catastigma

********. RNG exist in Counter strike. gun are never 100% accurate.

RNG RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR.

I give you argue and you just throw Dishonest and adhominem attack.
    i know exactly what is RNG. you just try to trigger cause you cannot counter my argument.

People is here for have Fun.
    in Counter strike/Overwatch people dont have fun. people are 98% Salty,Toxic,Cancer and Dirty. is so much a trouble that Blizzard are forced to do ads again toxicity.

Your question was why RNG is Good. i give you my argument. without RNG. No surprise. without surprise. no fun. no change of situation.

you ignoring 95% of my other exemple for focus on only 1. if fortnite is number one is for a reason. people have fun on it. you cannot deny it.

Another good exemple is still League of legend. Alot of RNG on damage min-max and critical chance. or Twisted Fate passive that give a random number of Gold.
    also Dota 2. have alot of RNG CC chance skill that can completly change a fight.

If you want 100% elusional Skill game. stay on your Quake, Mmorpg is not for you. reaction time is not skill. is just a advantage.

The only High skill game on this planet is GO.

#39 Catastigma, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  20. Jensen

Em no ? Ive always been against them and called them p2w, but when you go 100+ fs on tet tempts like i did, you just go **** it.
    Im also not boycotting anything, after my leftover VP runs out, if the game is still in this state or worse, i will simply stop playing. I just dont want to throw money down the drain.