1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response I have decided to try this MMO, any advice on starting?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Lord DIO, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Lord DIO

I've heard about Black Desert for a while now, mainly since I got into another MMO which was sandbox based. Apparently this is the superior of the two, so if anyone has any information or tips to start off with it'd be appreciated. Currently downloading the game, can't wait to get into it.

2. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

Well first of all. Welcome to the world of Black Desert!

1.) Take your time, play the main quests bit by bit and do not rush to getting to Lv. 56 as fast as possible.

Explore the world, try out the different lifeskills and just enjoy yourself.

2.) Create a bunch of different characters, level all of them to a certain degree, play around with them and just go with the one YOU have the most fun with. Do not go after the "best" class or the current "meta". That's not the way one should play a MMORPG like Black Desert.

3.) Try to find a good and newbie friendly guild - BDO is filled with tons and tons of different mechanics, you will probably figure it out on your own after some time, but a little help and push in the right direction is always welcome no?

4.) Now some little QOL tips - after you reach Lv. 15+ go to the UI Settings under ESC and play around with the UI, it's a cluttered mess and there is way too much going on on - screen. The same thing goes for the display settings and notifications. Trust me.

5.) One of the beautiful things in BDO is the way the entire game works. No matter what you do, you progress little by little. You don't wanna go questing? No problem, grab a flintlock and go hunting or gather flowers, herbs etc and mix potions, cook something and make a profit with it and so on and so on. There is so much to do here under the surface, it's not only PvE killing monsters and PvP killing other players.

You wanna act as a horse breeder and sell your horses to make money? Go for it. It's there and you can spend thousand of hours via this system.

You wanna be a trader and travel around BDO's world and make a fortune? Grab a wagon and sell your goods across different cities or even sail across the sea.

As you can see, there is a lot of depth and stuff to explore. Take your time, enjoy yourself and have fun.

3. Beeso

Stay as far away from most of this forum as possible. Find a friendly guild that help you Learn stuff. Chill, and take your time, no seriously. Welcome.

4. Yoshimaru

Yoshimaru Maehwa 63

Welcome to Black Desert Online

Here's my tips.
    1.Try to do and enjoy the quests. They are not mandatory, but many of them teach you about the game basics.

2. If you try to rush levels, you'll end up going back learning the essentials.

3. Find a guild, there are plenty of casual guilds that would love new adventurers. If it's not hardcore pvp guild, you'll see how helpful the community is.

4. Ignore the forum as much as possible. It's your typical MMO forum = you wont like it unless you like complaining.

5. Explore the world, it's beautiful. You'd be crazy not to!

6. Do what YOU think is most enjoyable. There is tons of ways to get money, to have fun. That's the beauty of BDO

Have fun!

Noipura likes this.
  5. Lord DIO

In that case, I'll probably be back here on that part of the forums in a month or so D:<

Is this game scammer friendly? What I mean by that, is if I get scammed by someone is it legit? I know this is a sandbox mmo, im not sure how far that goes.

6. el_bandito

Hi! Players can't trade each other items like gear/jwl/weapons etc..

Just play the game for now, see if you like it, do some research on youtube/google, e.g setting up nodes for your worker empire, or how to life skill etc.

Whatever you do or like, until you know how the game works, stay away from the cash shop. F3 in-game. Don't invest cash as of yet, i would not recommend it at all, but hey, everyone spends their money however they want.

Good luck! And ignore the in-game chat+forum for now...full of trolls...

7. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

There is almost no way of trade between players. The most one can trade without the usage of the safe Marketplace are potions,beer, water and tea.

8. Blitzball

Best advice : 550GS or quit :)

crawlord, Fearless V and Ashenvall like this.
  9. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

This post made my day! LEL

10. GM Salome

Game Master

Ohai and welcome! ^^

I hope you will enjoy the game, although with how complex it is, it indeed requires time and patience :) Please feel free to check out our Knowledge Base articles if you have any questions, as well as the sticky threads in the New Adventurers section of the forum (on top of the forum, marked as Guide). In the News section you will find maintenance updates, Patch Notes, Pearl Shop updates and information about our featured streamers.

I hope this helps, and please feel free to ask if you need anything. Have fun! :)

11. zenjudit

Like everyone said, dont rush the game. There is not much content in the end game sadly. Take it slow, enjoy the game, roam around and try not to follow a guide too much and instead play it yourself, dont let the other person play it by following whatever they say. Test all the class to find whichever you want, all classes playstyle change a lot after awakening so keep that in mind. Try to keep away from people saying this class is good, this class is trash, this is meta or whatever...just choose the class that you want the most because you will be spending your eternity with it grinding. The game is gear based anyway in reality.

Enjoy!

crawlord, Fearless V and Rogahn like this.
  12. Zaolee

My tip i to nott take progression and pvp too seriously. It takes ages to catch up because catch up mechanics are non-excistant.

Don't have competive attitude or you will be dissapointed and burn out.

Fearless V likes this.
  13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

What this guy said.