1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have spent $1229.99 Dollars in Black Desert

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Sanshiel, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Ama

Ama

im at 4670

2. Boink

So it is safe to assume that all games use psychological tricks to keep players for playing their game. Don't tell me you spent thousands of dollars in artisans or now cron stones to get that rare enhance! The question in my mind "Has this tricked you?"

Dynamic Pricing is a normal practice a lot of businesses do it. Even the corporation I work for. I mean if you have a data why not? Don't know how this correlate with BDO sudden change, maybe you mean the surge of players that use p2w and that influence and add more p2w services? People been buying artisans for soo long now that it is a norm and become "P2C". It is safe to add more p2w services while it slowly changes to "convenience". Oh well they made profit. Yey? Looks like the player base is partly to blame! Yey?

Look I'm not white knighting the publishers here. They really need to work on their excuses Personally I don't use a lot of "p2w" services. I enjoy the game and my OWN progression. If whales want to put in more money than I do, cool! If that allows me to play the game with minimum money investment on my part because of bad content (vell etc) and changes, that's awesome. I really wish however they work on better content. Hey if I don't like it what Dreighan offers looks like I be stuck at 46 pearls in my inventory for a long time.

3. 2Cents

Your making a lot of sense.
    No one should worry about crime either since not many people are doing it.

4. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Crime hurts people and effects peoples lives..... P2W does not D:
    You have to be a real.... Special, individual to put real life crime and p2w on a video game in the same category. Some people do live their life online though and treat their virtual world and life as though it was real.

5. Findubar

I KNOW RIGHT?!

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  6. Lateral

Lateral Valkyrie 61 EU

It just takes a few ppl with more money than brains to ruin it for everyone else.

7. WoWisBest

This is the thing with P2W games though. By next year you probably would have spent another $1k without realizing due to addiction.

8. Exception

Hm...spends large amount of cash on video game...

uses Microsoft Edge....

I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Blacksheep and Findubar like this.
  9. 2Cents

The comparison is in regards to this

You attempt to minimize the effects of pay2win by the fact that not that many people are doing it. Hence my perfectly constructed statement that just because a minority of people are doing it doesn't alter the effects or justify it any way.

Perhaps you should practice high level thinking and look in the mirror to see why you didn't get this.

10. Chaos Ronin

It is not that i didn't get what you were trying to say, my point is. It is not hurting anyone at all that a very small minority of players are successfully paying to win. The problem with BDO is not the p2w mechanics that got introduced a short while ago, it's the failed balancing, delayed content and what seems to be no care about exploits and hackers.

Jeanina likes this.
  11. 2Cents

but Pay2Win is ok?
    != Error

yet they have banned on a few occasions. They could certainly do more, but on an industry standard many companies really don't care. This is also a community issue as well. Most players are willing to or accepting of others that cheat.

12. Chaos Ronin

Well, i never actually said p2w wasn't a problem. It very much can be and has destroyed a lot of potentially great games. Is BDO one of the games destroyed by p2w? Personally, i would say no because BDO could be a great game if they just made more effort in the things i listed before. The only real serious p2w in BDO currently is crons because an unresponsible person really could go over the top with them and end up spending way more than any sane person should ever spend on a video game. Like i have stated before, i can afford to p2w and i did give it a shot. I also quickly seen how easy it would be to throw huge amounts of money away on something that really didn't matter at all.

13. Noble One

yeah i know im still roughly over 2k spent on this game. i wish i stopped at 1k lol but they keep adding outfits and pets xD!! well i would think most of us whales dont have anything better to spend it on /shrug

14. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Why are we making threads to tell each other how much money we've spent on BDO? Is this something to brag about now?

15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61

#55 Kynreaa, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  16. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

After one of my longest games, and 8 grand spent, I did a lot of soul searching on myself....

What I came to understand is that I am a gamer, and this is my hobby, and thusly I wasn't going to beat myself up over my spending.

ZomboMeme 26092018202207_1.jpg

17. Hemuk

I've spent quite a bit and I dont regret any of it; cause it's things I actually use, from T4 Pets for fast looting to Tailoring coupons for Trading/Gathering Clothes for extra exp, I dont spend money on consumables except for VP since I just use loyalties for Kama Blessing on my day off or weekends.

My advice would be not to buy consumables/RNG reliant items and you'll prolly be confortable spending money on this game ocasionally since it'll all add up to improve your ingame QoL which will result in a more efficient use of your gametime, limited or not.

18. gjknkn

So far, I've spent $1750USD and I will stop spending my hard earned money at $2500. It will never go past $2500...

19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

> compares spending money on a videogame with crime
    > promotes high level thinking

Thanks for maintaining this level of nonsense for the community's entertainment purpose.

Jeanina and Chaos Ronin like this.
  20. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

Im shocked.. You guys really need doctor. No offensive meaning -> Im serious! What you do - what you pay for here. It have nothing to do with playing game.