1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have spent $1229.99 Dollars in Black Desert

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Sanshiel, Sep 26, 2018.

1. SexyNoona

It's fine for a company to pursue profit but there is a limit on how greedy one should be. BDO from a PVP perspective is a competitive game thats why people try hard to enhance their gears. But if all of a sudden someone with a better credit card than you comes and gets same or better gear than you in 1 day, that just destroys the competitive aspect of this game. If someone tries their best grinding and puts in the the effort to get better gear i congratulate them. Even if I focus on my own progression its the fact that there's an expensive cheat that ruins competitiveness that makes me complain about the p2w method PA is currently taking. With the game being more less competitive its going to appeal less to those players who play and enjoy this game for competitive pvp many of them being end game players including streamers. And with less streamers, (btw average twitch views for bdo halved in the past half a year) there's less content meaning less new player and overall affecting the longevity of this game. I enjoy this game and i've spent a lot on it because I do enjoy it, but these things ruin my drive for progression since my drive was end game competitive pvp. The method PA is taking which is milking their playerbase as their greed increases, I really do think it affects the longevity of this game and make this game last not that much longer.

2. Dworkin Barimen

All,i see here are personal views.People are free to spend as much as they like on what ever they like.If any one has a problem with it ,is their own personal problem and no one else.P2W ,my ass have you seen RIFT in-game store ?Now that is p2w,since you can purchase every single currency that exists in that game,and get top tier epic raids gear right of the bat,and that one out-performs the PvP specific gear,which o shocker you can also purchase for a healthy sum.People call the cron stones a p2w,but those have been here since 4 ever and people have been using them ,for a looong time.Just because you suddenly can melt costumes,for them doesn't change that ,nor how they work nor nothing.All whined about catch up mechanics in the game,trust me ,they won't simply give you soft cap gear,just because you joined today,if they do that they will drive away all the core base players that have been supporting the game ,for way longer than most of you will be here for.So don't cry when they give you exactly what you wanted ,and call it p2w just because it doesn't reflect your expectations.And stop comparing games to that crap called WoW.Blizzard is a genre killer company,but i doubt any can understand why that is so.:)

3. Escapism

and then calculate how many of those hours you actually enjoyed and had fun, instead of doing mindless chores or just letting your pc running 24/7 while you did other things. Could you still say that 1200$ invested anywhere else, couldnt get you more hours, or just more actual fun in general?

4. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

If we assume $12 for a 3hour movie that is 300 hours (100 movies, ticket only), of those 300 hours your lucky to enjoy 150-200 (neutral against rest, call it good movies)

Now lets assume you enjoy 3hours/week of BDO (about 2 NW + Siege, for those that like that). In 2 years that 312 hours.

3hours per week is the bare minimum you should expect if you like the game, anything less and i dont see why anyone would keep playing it AND keep paying for things they dont use

5. Khondo

I would say if you did this your pretty stupid. I enjoy my time actively playing and I know that the afk component of BDO is helping me enjoy the game further by providing me items I need.

If you think playing a game is a "mindless chore" then you need to rethink why you play computer games at all. I play them to enjoy all the content and set goals for my game time. I get the satisfaction when I make those goals and have fun along the way.

Maginha and Smileybones like this.
  6. Escapism

Oh tell me more about how grinding, pressing enhance buttons, or literally any lifeskills in this game are anything else but boring chores. Do you feel intellectually, mentally, humorously or emotionally entertained or challenged while one-shotting brainless unresponsive mobs with zero ai, or are you getting a sense of accomplishment from that, or from clicking the feed all button for your workers, or are you enjoying the excellent storyline? To still find these things entertaining and fun after more than 50-100 hours without getting bored.

Let me know whatever it is that entertains you and brings you that endless repeating joy in bdo, I would really like to hear some different opinions to maybe find some joy in those things again myself.

And yes, I'm aware how mmo's work, i play them since ~15 years, they arent supposed to always be fun, they're supposed to give you long-term goals which usually require boring/dull repeatable chores to slowly improve yourself or reach new content. But BDO doesnt even have any actual worthwhile and new endgame content that would require and justify all your months and years worth of progression, to give you a sense of accomplishment and new challenges.

#106 Escapism, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018
  7. Vanadiel

I learned long time ago that these companies keep moving the game mechanics around so they can make more money from you.
    They call it "class balancing".

If you want to be "competitive" you basically need to accept you will have to spend $$$ each week, or fall behind and not be "competitive".

I decided long time ago I am fine with not being "competitive" and instead spend my money on more interesting things than a bunch of digital pixels.

8. 2Cents

BDO shed of a major portion of their original player base by Pay2Win tactics.
    #never.forget

When the first major signs of Pay2Win arose a lot of people ditched the game immediately. This included many of the hardcore players that simply didn't want their accomplishments to be destroyed by Credit Cards.
    They where right to leave immediately

9. Dworkin Barimen

But but,i am still here and playing it :|.

10. Khondo

If you are not having fun in BDO why are you still here? Are you addicted? Do you like discussion in forums more than playing the game?

I have only played MMO's since 2004 but each of them I play with the same organisation (www.theoldergamers.com). It is a fun and caring community that provides a positive gaming experience. My game time is my own, I play games for reasons I won't go into but I enjoy myself and that is all that matters.

If you are not having fun, then you should move onto something else, instead of questioning what other players do with their time.

11. 2Cents

This is one of the worst responses I have ever seen. He literally just pointed out in a very simple and rational way that not every aspect was going to be 100% fun, but it's part of the journey. He then illustrated the problems in BDO.

You then ran a truck of sheer ignorance over every sensible statement that was made.

#111 2Cents, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
    Blackhearted likes this.
  12. Khondo

I think you need to answer the same question, are you having fun playing BDO? Or do you prefer the forum conversations more?

Why is it so hard for people to understand that there are intelligent people who do enjoy playing BDO in it's previous and current form?

13. 2Cents

You failed to address any of points in that post or supply any meaningful information.
    If you replaced your statement with "I like Pie" it would be just as substantive.

Your reply may as well be to a million different posts such as the fish changes, since it has no correlation.
    Furthermore, there are very few people that are happy with the direction of the game or it's current state.

Blackhearted and SexyNoona like this.
  14. Khondo

And how do you gather this data?

Smileybones likes this.
  15. SexyNoona

I'm assuming in the same way you assume that everyone playing BDO is having fun. I'm still playing BDO but I'm sure I'm not having fun most of the time. The most fun I have from BDO is being on voice chat with my friends in guild and doing random duels. However, I'm not going to just quit on BDO just because I'm not having fun. I know for a fact that BDO is a great game, it was fun and enjoyable before and it has the potential to get better and become enjoyable for me and other people who aren't enjoying it at the moment. The combat system is like no other game and there are no better alternatives for such combat system. Also it would be too much of a waste to just simply quit after all the effort and commitment I put into this game.
    There are other reasons that make people stay and play this game other than "fun" and your own reasons. I know people who really hate this game and aren't enjoying it at all but are still playing because they are the guild leader of a NW guild and continue to play because his guild friends and his guild motivates him enough to log in and play. Of course there are people enjoying the game in their current state, thats why theres opinions and differences in the world, however, judging from public media such as twitch.tv or even this forums, there's a lot of problems that are causing players to dislike this game more and more. The world isn't either white or black you ignorant fool.

16. Khondo

I never said anything about everyone playing BDO is having fun. I said that I am having fun and why can't you believe that?

Which is more true?

Most of the game population are enjoying the game and continue to purchase items from the pearl shop. The game does not look to be ending anytime soon.

or

Most people are feed up with the game and leaving for other games. No one is spending any money on the game and the game will be dead in 2 months time.

You only have to look at the in game Pearl items sold on the MP, they are still in plentiful supply. The channels I play on there are people in all locations. And that is just 1 channel.

No I think all you doomsday posters just don't like the way the game is going for you. That's fine and you can voice your opinions, just don't try to convince other players who are still having lots of fun in BDO, to pack up and leave.

17. Pkmdz

Aquaeats.gif
    Forums have not changed :l

18. Blackhearted

There are a lot of people that are addicted to gaming, what BDO did with its graphics and revolutionizing combat is detoriating other games.
    After playing BDO you mirror every other game to its shining factors, them being combat and graphics.
    When BDO outshines with those aspects it sets the game equal with other games. You can so justify yourself that it isnot worthwhile moving to another game and remain hooked to the games spending habits.

What I would also like to bring up to the discussion is the similarity of p2w mechanics and additional sugars added into our foods.
    The point is that spending on both of them rewards the customer directly only as long as they are unaware of the full consequences of their actions.
    They consume too much because sugar overrides natural reactions to food and at the same time they are supporting companies with pure profit in their vision. What they fail to realize is because of their actions more companies with better fundamental priorities will be more tempted to use malicious practises to make more profit.

These malicious practises abusing our psychological weaknesses are efficient and cause more harm when thought throughout.

19. Benzzos

In all honesty you guys should really appreciate p2w players because they support the game in more ways than you the f2p player ever will. I mean genuinely they keep the lights on and the engine running they pay the bills..... so you can play.
    There's a lot of hate towards p2w but thats because the vast majority of people are very close minded and aggressive towards successful people. I started a week ago and i have 20b my guild kicked me out because i'm progressing too fast and they were furious why do i buy costumes and sell them at the market thats so much money...........
    Also as a p2w player you should never complain about losing its normal when you chose to pay for it instead of playing it for free so you can compete or progress faster.

In simpler words accept the fact that MMOs run on cash not on air, we need p2w players as much as we need f2p players - and the MMO companies and publishing companies and everyone in the MMO business does it for money not for the love of the sport because they got bills to pay too and its a business.

So stop crying and either accept it or gtfo.

Cheers

20. Escapism

It's a good thing you asked "which is more true", and not "which of these two is true?", since obviously neither of the two are and both are exaggarations. But if you want to really know which of those is "more" true, its blatantly obvious the second one, as can be easily proven:
    • Majority of the players actually dont spend any money beyond the initial purchase, or only very little for just one-time purchases. Even many veterans arent using vp's anymore.
    • As i wrote in another post there are ~10+ million registered users, of which only a tiny fraction are still playing, the other 99.x% have quit and left for other games. And the amount of current average online users in bdo is heavily skewed due to 24/7 afkers which dont exist in other mmos.

Both of those 2 Statements contain some truth:

Most people are fed up with the game and leaving for other games, most people who still play arent spending any money, or have stopped spending either out of protest or boredom. However the game does not look to be ending soon, since there are still enough whales to blindly throw money at Kakao & PA.

And as for myself, I basically stopped playing and adapted a 98% afk playstyle almost 2 years ago already, I left to play other games. However I still always had hopes and expectations and came back for a little grind or some enhancement every once in a while, while also keep supporting it financially until all of the latest ridiculous full p2w changes and broken promises. And since i got my T9 few weeks ago, which was my last final goal, I also stopped purchasing pearls and using VP's indefinitely.

Why dont I just finally quit completely? A question I get asked a lot and which many who know me keep wondering about.

Because it would make me sad honestly, I spent too much time here, too much memories. I invested a lot (time and money). I still like the game in its core, but almost none of the changes within the past ~6-12 months. I also liked the game and its combat and grinding about ~60-70% less ever since awakenings. But why should I quit completely just because im unhappy with the recent changes and the games current state, when instead I can just afk 24/7 while playing other games I enjoy? If I choose to quit a game completely, it will be forever, not to turn back every few months to check back if anything's changed or to try out some new content. But since bdo allows this full afk playstyle, that point will only come once I have literally 0 hopes left for the game and there is 0 new announced content that could slightly interest me.

And im definitely not alone with this reason to why im still here.