1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love staring at the sky when fighting bosses.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Raulin Lynn, May 28, 2019.

1. Raulin Lynn

So, I'm relatively noob-ish to this game. I'll admit that. In the past I've had fun fighting the Dark Rift bosses with some challenge to them for me, it's rather nice to go out and feel awesome while I fight this thing by myself. Recently though, it's not been great. I've been trying to fight Giath for a couple of days now, and each time I go out there, the guy has some magical auto-aim knockdown powers where even if I'm behind him, he knocks me on my butt and I'm left on the ground staring at the sky, pinned. Then he just proceeds to wail on me, I get back up, get behind him, get 1-2 swings in and I'm back on the ground staring at the sky.

I have read some other posts about the knockdowns getting worse, but is there a means to defend against this blatant issue? I've tried Knockdown resistances and so on, but it doesn't work apparently. Just left staring at the pretty clouds while my Health Pool trickles into nothingness.

2. YouShallnotPassz

get a group going if possible

3. Raulin Lynn

Last I checked, Dark Rift Bosses can't be seen by other players. Is that correct?

aswedishtiger likes this.
  4. Asterotis

Dark Rifts can't be done in parties.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Resists work to some extent against some bosses like griffon but not at all against some others like Giath and Muskan. What you need to do is work on your placement and your dodging, assuming your class has an escape move.

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I agree about giath, he and gehaku are the two hardest bosses for me. Giath's attacks go through my lahn's S block all the time. Gehaku is also difficult as you really need to be alert for his charges which happen so fast. Once knocked down by either you can take a lot of damage and find it hard to get back up.

7. Factorial

Get used to it. Pearl abyss doesn't know how to make dark rift bosses difficult without them spamming knockdowns. So as a result, you will get spammed with knockdowns forever and resistances doesn't apply to bosses.

Best thing to do is to dash in, get a skill or three in, dash out, repeat. This can be touch but try your best. Spam skills that have iframes then hope for the best.

8. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

LOL, I got a giath today and Im letting it drain down..will prob do during the weekend becasue he will get weaker. Giath and Gehaku are by far the most annoying and they dont even pop up as very hard.

Amourie, GreyRebel and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

Giath is the boss I voted as the worst on the poll, bloody swings his bat once and it knocks you down for ages while he just goes ham on you. I was surprised to see that others didn't vote this boss, of course it was the griffon.

I can see why he is set to normal, can you imagine if he had the damage and health of very hard?

Amourie and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Rügenwalder Pommersche

idk never had problems with giath, imo it is really easy to avoid the cc - but the griffon melts my brain for some reason and i always die atleast two times

11. Boink

You need to cycle SA and FG while continually dodging. Or just be a Witch/Wizard and use a lighthouse easy fight.

Aelisah likes this.
  12. zhagsten

I'm pretty sure they do. From time to time I'm getting away from hits that usually CC.

Smileybones likes this.
  13. Aelisah

^
    I was gonna say, if you're able to boost a witch it makes some bosses very easy using the aggro ball and your summon, gives u free time to hit/heal/breathe

14. Hans_Rex

I also got tired of knockdown spam. I fixed the problem by learning to fight on horseback with my witch. No problems now.

15. JeuLinaI

Difficulty of those bosses really depends on your class.
    A class with TP or fast moves can always attack from behind Giath and the majority of rift bosses.
    Only griffon is problematic : too big to easily get behind, and it turns very fast (not as Giath and others that can do a whole combo without changing direction)

16. Icywave

Like any other AI with a set of abilities you'd fight in any game you need to learn the calls/animations and dodge at the right times and know what / what doesn't actually cc you.

It's not that hard, just takes repetition in learning the correct way.

Maginha and zhagsten like this.
  17. Lord_Xenon

Tried block on my Valk and Giath knocked me down... Yeah good shield. Tbh Bheg won the rating as he has the BS behavior of teleport-attacks. Else Giath would have won this. Maybe Ruins as 3rd. Didn't have done the Kama bosses or the Puturum.

18. Raulin Lynn

I play Ninja, the Block on Sura Katana seems to work for counters and pumping out some good combos and being unable to be knocked down, I've been experimenting with it since my movement and evasion doesn't seem to be good enough to get around their hits (Even when I would try to dodge them, they'd still pick me off, including using my Block Jump to evade.). Block Jump doesn't do anything for these fights, I use it, get behind them then they pull out the Capcom Cheat Engine and just 180 and beat my face in denying me my upper hand. I could just cheese it with Kunai/Shuriken throw I guess, but that's no fun. Lol

19. aswedishtiger

Your join date is in line with your in-game knowledge. Well done

20. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

tbh as a dark knight , giath is on my very easy list , i mean atleast he has some animations , most punishing one would be griffon and then dim( dim isnt hard , but idk the fight is just so cheap and anoying ) . Btw when you are on the ground you can use potions coz i heard potions heal you more when you are CCed.
    And ye cant agree more on those cc being frustrating , its anoying and it also reduces the excitement of the fight , i mean its more like someone keeps pausing at a co-op game