1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love the frustration of Hystria/Aakman portals

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Aug 5, 2019.

?

Are Hystria/Aakman portals very good game designs?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No

68 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. Factorial

Presently, one of my favorite things to do is run Hystria/Aakman with my friend. Sometimes we bring a third along with us. It's a great group content and experience. I absolutely love it. That aside, the portals to these instances is beyond frustrating.

However, there is a monetary way of getting into those instances. That should be enough, right? Nope, not even close. It's a pain as well. Was it a good design to make these portals so random? Why not just have them as static locations?

Okay, I get it. The game is obsessed with RNG. However, is this a good design? Maybe we should have all grind spots be random portals that take us there because we certainly need more RNG in BDO.

2. Foo

Foo

claws cost too much so it now sucks i miss em

Factorial likes this.
  3. WinterMilla

What makes them a pain is the fact you can't see were you are in the desert and there is no way to tell the two apart. Not to mention the fact you can't bring a mount with you in and as you leave so you are better off just running there. Oh and lets not forget the damage you take from heatstroke and hypothermia. Fun really can't see how this is a pain.

Factorial likes this.
  4. Claydough

There used to be a really great way of getting summoned to hystria by a perma portal

But apparently we cant have nice things?

5. Factorial

Perhaps, maybe with enough noise, it might be brought back considering most people are starting to reach the required solo AP. For now, with a group of friends, it's not bad as group content.

6. Sandpit_

Another example of "what the heck were these idiots smoking when they decided that?"

7. 2Cents

It's out dated and should be changed. The "work around" was a band aid that did not fix the problem. There really isn't any debate on this. It's simply bad design and very simple to fix.

Side Note: I'm assuming it's just pure RNG on the portal so if you enter with 3 people at the same time they may arrive in different dungeons. I know if you keep going back solo that happens. Even aside from that a person wishing to join a party would need to mash the portal RNG which is just terrible design.

It also adds no real benefit to the game.

Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  8. Auxey

Imo they add nothing to the game but tedium, therefore it's bad game design. They aren't fun, they aren't exciting and getting teleported into the wrong area is just frustrating. Imagine an elevator that MAYBE takes you to the floor you want, and if it doesn't, you gotta run downstairs to try again.

Lefteye, Grehm, 2Cents and 3 others like this.
  9. Claydough

They are rng on spawn and remain a portal to the area the entire time, thats why you cant just keep running to the same portal, you gotta keep finding new ones

#9 Claydough, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  10. Purr

u could tag an alt who uses the camel drive to the portal go to character select then to the tagged main and go in if its the wrong one u can get out however u do and then reverse the swap and drive to next one... use an under 49 alt so u cant die either while looking

Keldorn likes this.
  11. yukishiro1

They either look different or I've just been imagining things this whole time and the RNG has always made me think I'm right.

It also takes like 5-10 minutes max to find the right one.

I am the first to salute a good BDO whine but this seems like a bad one.

NannaOgg likes this.
  12. Kenwulf

You are ridiculously lucky.

13. NoisyBoy

Right now the better option is letting an alt there while you send every 1000 tokes to Valencia. Searching for portal is a fkn hassle and as you already said bad design. Dont know why devs like to make everything annoying and tedious

14. Mimimimi

i always thought it was a creative mechanic to have portals leading to the underground. searching for them isn't so much fun, running into the wrong portals is even less fun. wasn't there a theory regarding portal types and the height of the pillars? i thought that worked for me. anyways, moving out of hystria/aakman just to run back there isn't viable. everyone just stays there using storage maids. bless the cashshop /s

15. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

claw cost to much :D HAHA

even if claw would cost 20 million x3 -> 60million you still make more in those crazy areas.

16. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

They look different.

The pylars on Hystria one are all in defferent heights and have a darker color
    The pylars on Aakman one have 2 short pillars, almost at exactly the same height and have a lighter color

From SGB going straight north, past the 1st big sandhill (~60-90seconds) you ll almost always find one for aakman.
    From Ibellab, go east and behind the 1st or second big sandhills you ll find another one.
    If they are not there swap channel

17. Maginha

I call bs on diff portal looks, has been tested intensively, streamed and spreadsheeted and pics where taken and compared from guys i trust a lot more than random forum users tbh.

The conclusion was random at random with random in random wrapped into some randomness

18. Factorial

Beautifully said. You just earned 957.38 trillion bonus points.

Maginha likes this.
  19. Catastigma

What next ? you want a instant teleport travels to each grind spot ? A Auto-grinding mode like your favored Mobile game ?

This laziness. You are the same kind of fake gamer who wants an easy mode to a game of From software.

Be shame seriously, you destroy the industry.

#19 Catastigma, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  20. t4mpel

akman port.jpg

Hm i did test it and looked very similiar too me.