1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit, and that makes me cry

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Syloka, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Tvvin

I was in the exact same position. Expect I outfarmed the sorc as Ninja and she flagged. She didn't win and v :l

2. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

I'm sorry for you. I know your feelings. I play sorc since release. And no, I didn't played any other class since then. And no, I won't reroll. I spend to much time and passion.

3. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Good luck. Striker is not anywhere close to the powerhouse other people would have you believe.

4. Vamathi

Vamathi Macabre 61 EU

All these expansions and people still complain about not being able to grind and protect their spot. Hey, how about you go and find a spot that is not as contested? Does it really matter if you make few mil less, but dont have to constantly fight off someone or have your rotation griefed? And if someone comes you can always change channel without dueling them so your ego doesnt get hurt...

5. LunaValentyn

I think he just has to be better than sorc in this case lmao

6. Syloka

I'm Mystic right now. It's so OP compared to Sorc omg. Lvl 57 I can beat lvl 60 so easy.

Nobody contest my spot when I'm farming. If I come to a spot which is taken, they beg for their spot. They are kind because they are afraid "I'm on 200% could you please find another spot or come back later :) :) :)"

Hahahahahaha, insane.

7. LunaValentyn

I think it's pretty normal for people to mention if they have their 200% and ask nicely >.> I see it all the time no matter what I play if a spot is in use(providing it isn't highly contested and generally people humor the asker as well and they do move)

8. Xialoh

Xialoh Valkyrie 60 NA

Incapacitate is(was) better than Macilus?

9. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

If you people think sorc requires more gear than other classes then you're simply bad

i absolutely dare you to play a SA-Reliant class with less gearscore than sorc and achieve the same results, sorc can do just fine with tet weps and tri armors while if you play a class that needs to face tank damage in SA you'll get absolutely melted and vaporized every time you actually tried to channel an attack

you don't even need brain to think that far, sorc's defense = iframe

iframe = armor doesn't matter as much

armor doesn't matter = 50%+ of your gear is cheaper

the hell are you even talking about , sorc is the 2nd best class for rbf only after maehwa

facepalm

sorc has block they can channel while afk and they have more superarmors than this horrible community is willing to admit and generally you can keep up SA / iframe more than any other class can and that's easily ****ing provable the moment you fight a non-potato sorc and realize he can iframe around for 30 sec+ without even having to rely on block

dare you to find a class that can do the same **** (besides mystic) without needing a block in their chain

10. Xialoh

Xialoh Valkyrie 60 NA

I thought the problem with sorc was lack of defense during their actual attacks. As in the moment they try to hit something they're defenseless, particularly outside of 1v1.

11. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

that's just not true and sorcs can even cancel some of their skills with iframe and essentially make them an iframe, like you can cast a DoD while you have 5 people hitting you and if you ani cancel it with iframe they won't even hit you so dod essentially becomes an iframe attack
    sorcs have the same amount of protected attacks as other classes do, where the hell does "sorc has no protection" even come from? They have no protection on what? TBS or something, thats 1 skill, oh look every other class has the same skill just go to skill calculator and look at the first skill under auto, upper left corner

half of the classes in bdo need to extend their superarmor animations in order to have enough SA to keep their protected chain up, during which time you get hit for insane amount of dmg, sorc isn't one of them

as a tamer and as a ranger extending ur SA on LBD and Breezy Blade is literally essential, and what does extending sa mean? not canceling the skill at the very start and letting the animation go for longer time.. and during this longer time you can get hit and killed and that's where armors matter

meanwhile sorc can just cancel stuff with iframe

12. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

.... i just can't even... come teach me whay you're describing. I'll pay actual money for you to teach me to do that...

13. Atron

Hey hey go easy on me i have my Sorc up at lvl 60 for a week now ... was my first impressions.

And when i play as a Mystic i don't even acknowledge sorcs in pvp so ... yea (probably never met a good one - can't even remember when was last time i died to one).

14. Atron

Not a bad idea .. i ll chip in if we can duo train with Lemon. (i am kinda for real)

15. Nyhver

I'm sorry to hear that, especially given that you care about honor which many don't have.

Yet part of the problem is that you think these other classes are easy...

16. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

Well so far:
    I played ranger (about 4 times more damage and fewer key bindings to use) than sorc and things just flow more smoothly-ish than on sorc.

Ninja: safer engage, safer follow ups, more dmg... right now if I had to reroll this is probably the class I'd go for.

Maehwa: more damage... i can't tell you why but when I was looking into rerolling, the pvp felt so much safer..

Witch: build that one very defensive but with only 206 ap, I felt like I was putting out more dmg while being really hard to kill.

Dk: felt basically like a watered down sorc because most of the cancels were not needed/exist and the accuracy starvation is taken care of... and I was doing tons of dmg with 30 ish less AP.

Mystic/striker: basic stuff, not all that much effort needed to get better results than on a sorc.

Those are only the classes I took the time to level/gear (with at least Tri kzarka) and pvp for a while before either keeping the stuff in storage or selling it because I didnt like the playstyle. (I only still have ranger and ninja)

And I will be trying out Lhan before I make up my mind on rerolling...

As for your point:

I don't think any sorc thinks other classes are easy. Just that you get better results for putting similar or less effort in them than you would a sorc.

17. LunaValentyn

Not quoting but lets talk about things :3

on paper, sorc has iframes to cancel skills and +20ap, sounds great, should need the least gear in game right? well no. On paper, it makes a ton of sense but the thing is in game or even just a bit further in depth, it's less great.

First of all the class lacks accuracy, a lot of the earlier classes do. The lack of acc means CC is unreliable(a lot of skills are low hit counts). The AP should be the next topic, they actually nerfed that a while ago, it used to be 30 and we really rely on the +20 ap in lower gear score because we scale terribly. To top it off we have moody(acc) CC chains(really no reliable and quick down smash or grapple) which means we need to be able to one shot someone as soon as we get them knocked down unless you float them into a knock down. in amulet, all 3 of the floats are 3 hits at max rank so you really need to land it. Typically that means you go in with midnight stinger which cannot be cancelled and is unprotected(hope you don't miss, only 3 hits, if they have SA up, it's voided) for the stiffness then follow with scattering shadow for float attempt(relies on all CC landing perfectly). You can iframe into shadow eruption for a float(a good option honestly but still just 3 hits), or you can try to sprint hit someone which is risky. In scythe you can again sprint hit someone with scythe for a float but same rule applies(although either sprint hit is decent on an enemy getting up if you time it right) and violation which will probably not land all of the hits and ends in a knock down. Other options are to stun with Engulfing Shadow but that's usually best when someone is getting up/you need a safe engage/you need to change weapons from scythe to amulet. I mean in 1v1, that's all good but it's large scale that's the bigger issue. Also good to note that needing higher ACC means taking slots from things that could be used for AP(again not a sorc only issue but it is an issue).

Lacking protection in large scale means you need to stay out of the zerg because aoe's will rain down onto it(and ranger CC spam, not calling ranger OP but they are a threat in large scale again). You end up getting clipped constantly by things that don't load fast enough because of the terrible desync(hopefully it'll be less of a problem once they change providers). Nothing is more annoying that being clipped by every little aoe because the connection is terrible though and since sorc has to break protection to attack, that leaves her open to desync if she tries to pull out quickly. She spends a huge amount of time out side of the main battle(edges) getting clipped by nonsense that probably also CCed her and suddenly she's squished to death >.> Iframes or not, you need to see things coming to evade them which is a mistake SA spam makes up for when it comes to random CC.

As for why she needs such high gear, well you NEED a ton of acc and you need the AP for a hit and run play style in larger scale. Are there other classes with the same issues? well yeah, but most classes have more SA which at least allows them some room for error on the server side with random laggy aoe CC rain. If you can chain the same type of effect, it just works smoother(look at sorc iframes, 2 in a row are pretty smooth because it flows together, you aren't asking the server to suddenly take a new thing into account suddenly while it's trying to process everything else happening). You wanna be able to get in, nuke hard, then get out quickly.

Rabams helps sorc 1v1 a lot providing a fairly reliable stun/SA skill as well as a great air attack skill though. In large scale, a lot is still too risky with the bad servers(noticed KR sorcs whine less). Hopefully sorc will do better once they switch server providers shortly though but we will need to wait and see when the time comes.

SA also has reduced damage taken for some classes which does help them a lot with sustain. Not in all cases and someone with low DP will still get nuked hard but still, average tier DP with SA is more than enough for some classes to get a massive amount of sustain +mobility on top of that means iframe or not, they can dodge the attack in some cases(especially since you have to be a bit preemptive instead of reactive anyways with the servers, sorc kit was made for a more reactive play style which does create some issues there). SA spam also mean some classes who don't have a grapple need to be able to nuke some classes down without CCing them which is another reason sorc needs a higher gear score atm(valk and mystic are just hellish enemies if you can't dish high damage at a base level)

TLDR even if we dodge everything perfectly, we can struggle with CC because of acc issues, acc issues create ap issues, ap issues mean we hurt less. All of the above also creates average(mid tier) play issues with bad scaling until high gear scores. Hopefully new servers will fix the issues at hand with large scale(for us an other classes). SA spam is strong because makes play in current servers more forgiving.

#37 LunaValentyn, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  18. TwisterLover

@LunaValentyn
    Sorcs on KR whine less because they are mostly all 270+ ap(or they have rce). They can kill someone in 1 violation. There are very few sorcs on KR and in rbf you will only see 1-2 players usually. One of my guild I was sieging with has 5 sorcs total in the guild. Many re rolled along time ago. It is not just servers. You need to be able to 2 skill someone if you want to be "useful". Kill random players that aren't part of the fight is not uselful and just kd memers

#38 TwisterLover, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  19. Yom

Yom

i absolutely dare you to play a sorc
    This isn´t true, why are you posting false information?

Souljester likes this.
  20. LunaValentyn

that supports the fact that sorc needs high AP then which was also something Lemon was questioning(though I do think being able to see things accurately might help with dodging, I don't think much would change but it could make things less frustrating)