1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I understand some negative thoughts and comments about seasonal.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Graugus, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Graugus

I just don't understand the pure hatred and vileness poured into the game by old/veteran player to run through and NA players and seasons. First there was a thread created months ago about seasons and how it works and even with the churned out videos of KR/NA content creators and the changes made we are still getting misinformation from veteran players to new players.

The seasonal channels were created for "NEW" players or those looking to get ahead by having a decent set of back up gear that has been earned through learning the game while playing through content of the game that has been here for sometime. It has not been made specifically for old school or veteran players with grab happy soloist attitudes.

It just amazes me on how veteran players and even content creators sponsored by BDO can keep being toxic about it. My thing is this if you don't like grouping or the gear obtained, don't participate or make nasty, vile comments to people or to the BDO community in general about it.

Deyric, bebunw, onaco and 3 others like this.
  2. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

As a new player, I noticed these forums in general are full of bitterness and cynical anti-game attitude, so guess what you noticed is just part of the overall "atmosphere".

3. RandomHajile

was funny when dude said in that thread "You're gonna get fed to mobs when season is over." loool like he's gonna be waiting for him. Stuff him in a locker. Yea, the community is weird, but if you step back you can laugh at it. I'M COMING TO YOUR HOUSE.

Deyric and Thugarin like this.
  4. Beeso

Souls could get consumed in being too involved in the "oneupmanship" game.

*Pictures liam neeson with his epic beard and shining armor shouting*

"Release the bitter envious horde!"

#4 Beeso, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  5. Yngol_Stormblade

man I'm loving seasonal
    grinded my ass off for the time filled stones and beat the living **** out of my mental health just so I could gear it up and try out guardian
    much better to learn a class than smacking a dummy or a random guy in the battle arena

6. Ashaara

I mean at some points i get it... This game has so many design flaws, introducing even more easier ways to casualize this game doesn't do anything to the game. Of course would constructive be a better approach to this, but no gaming comm was ever able todo that lol. There is no reason to introduce easier progression measurements, in a game that is already way to easy to progress. Sandbox games are actually designed to invite you to try them out and not to ignore the basic mechanics completely. Placing a NPC somewhere that tells you what to do and rewards you with endgame content is very cheezy and unfortunately quite typical Korean.

As a complete new player i would test this season thing, and after that i would dump this game for good. This game was never in need of such new event mechanics. And no one can argue against that not even all those casual players that just want to play a ez game, because the game already is very ez.

After all i wonder how long this season event thing is going to last? 3 Milking Seasons? Why would you do that. You don't need 3 Sets of Seasons Gear. You can just trade them among all your characters with just one button click. Anonye really buying into this? Paying for more Char Slots, another Season Passes etc just for a second or even third clone of one of the available classes?

Yeah sure many people have fun with it. Go on, just do it. After all its a nice addtion somehow. xD *shrug* ... But still one should be allowed to question such weird decisions

#6 Ashaara, Jun 27, 2020
    MoonDance17, HucKa, Kynreaa and 2 others like this.
  7. Kikux

veteran players and content creators you mean hackers ? they d'ont get more than 500 watching for a reason.

MADE and Wollbert like this.
  8. Sandpit_

I have no idea what the seasonal servers are meant to be for. If it's for new players they are basically ruining new player experience for the entire story line, the game is utterly boring when you power level past the entire story. It pushed heavy incentive at existing players. There there is the disruption caused to the server populations and guilds having to relocate home servers. And worst of all is the completely wasted dev effort on this mess that nobody asked for,

Wouldn't it just be easier if they allow people to create a level 61 char, perhaps with pearls? Save everybody an awful lot of trouble. The need to stop messing with levelling and concentrate on making the game more fun with more content.

9. zhagsten

From my point of view, aside from the "daily quest" which is just a presence check, the rewards you get from seasonal characters are, for once, something you play. If you want to get out of it with TET equivalent gear, you'll have to play to get it. So this is something I can get behind as a better solution to help new, returning or slacking players to get back at it. Far better than the login/stay logged for X hours rewards.

What I don't get is why it wasn't really separated from normal servers. It doesn't bode well for the PvP season.

ODB3698 likes this.
  10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Well, what do you expect from a consumer base that gets lied to on a regular bases.
    Caphras to make progression "easier" and not actually meant to be a new progression tier, "fair" class balance, "no p2w", seasonal content created for "new" players, "group" content, etc.

They become bitter. I can understand their frustrations. They were sold a lie.

ODB3698 likes this.
  11. LeCordonBleu

Yep, that's what this shithole is, and why I rarely come here anymore. Once you spend a little more time browsing these forums, you will quickly familiarize yourself with the people that perfectly fits your description. In truth, 90% of the people on these forums are like that to a certain degree, but some are just beyond recovery. Want to have legitimate discussions regarding BDO? This is not the place. People on here will find ways to degrade the game, no matter how pitiful and illogical their methods may be.

Corrus likes this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

And others like to blame consumers speaking up for not being happy getting lied to.

Reyer, MoonDance17, ODB3698 and 3 others like this.
  13. Ben Phoenix

I wouldn't waste my time with them, all they can do is flaming and contributing to making this place the s*** hole they are complaining about. They can be more toxic and biased than some of the players who criticize this game.

#13 Ben Phoenix, Jun 27, 2020
    MoonDance17, zhagsten and Kynreaa like this.
  14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

15. Ternezia

I am looking for a less "bitter" place, could you please suggest any? Can send me a PM.
    As a new player I'd enjoy more positivity, also I don't like to feel guilty for liking the game in its current state (as I almost do while being here).

16. Ben Phoenix

Some people are negative just for the sake of it, I agree with you.

17. Ben Phoenix

Ask @Andaro, there should be a discord.

18. Ternezia

Thanks, I will. I know there's a Feedback Library Discord, I am looking at something like FB group or forum, in Discord it's very difficult to see where a topic begins or ends because it's a chat program.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  19. Ben Phoenix

Hmm ok, well I guess there's a FB group also but I have no idea, sorry. You could open a conversation with a CM and ask maybe. @CM Servantes is often online. He's online right now actually =)

20. Thugarin

Thugarin Striker 62 EU

Uhmm... if game creators d want season severs to be catch up mechanism for new people I guess they d make season pass limited to buy only for accounts created after xxxx date? Seems they didn't intend this.

I get the part about toxicity of community in game but to be honest, if someone wants to wait for you months to try to "feed you to mobs", just let him be a looser wasting his time ^^

#20 Thugarin, Jun 27, 2020