1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want play this game and have some question.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MindaugasR, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Maginha

Just accept that you guys have different opinions, it hurts me seeing my brothers fight :(

IWalkAlone, Phoenixxx75 and Naho like this.
  2. Naho

They won't. They just wanna force their so called fact to everyone and call white knight or "Holy PA" and whatnot whoever disagree with them.

3. Ben Phoenix

What I mostly see is attempts to deny the facts so yeah, I think you guys are trying to defend PA's choices. So what?

I won't stop with that kind of comments cause I think they are relevant, but there's nothing to get fooled about really.

I rarely go on a personal level with people, unless people are rude or something. If you got a problem with me open a conversation.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Iv read all 3 of the thread we engaged in already. The why PTW, the Poll if its PTW, and this one...which i actually attempted to steer back towards its initial purpose, but has turned into this again.

"I'd like to heard about that please take your time to explain."
    The video did that for me.

To prove it, which monetization model, or models would you say BDO chose to utilize?

Lootbox, PTC for life skillers? PTW exchange coupons, safe gear enhancement and class balance breaking for PvPers?, or subscription based for market types?

Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

First your facts are questionnable and thus rightfully questionned on a regular basis. Unlike what you believe they are not the truth from the Bible.

Second, implying anyone disagree with you is defending Pearl Abyss is a lie and a lame tactic to spread your religion further.

Personally I both disagree with you and with Pearl Abyss business strategy but I guess your religion based on a binary mindset can't compute this fact.

6. Ben Phoenix

You can keep flipping the script how much you want, I'm not impressed, you never impress me really. Sorry about that =)

7. Naho

That's exactly what i'm saying you didn't read nor understand anything.

We got a different vision of what p2w mean/represent despite what you guys are gonna link from i dunno what you call "legal source". In this cashop there are some items that allow you to progress "faster" toward entering the competition if you take 2 ppl playing on the same times doing the same things or let's say even the best thing you could do in this game or with more "convenience". You can also turn your real money into silver, selling costume and whatnot, which is also going toward "Your progression" in order to enter the "Competition".

Many ppl said it. But where the problem comes from is where ppl start to have a different opinion about THE P2W you wanna associate with CONVENIENCE . Even I know and saw that PA is just trying to get money and found the "best" (atleast for them, that's what they think) way to monetize their game.

The fact that i have to tell you that again simply show you didn't bother to go back and read what everyone said.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Thanks to clearly prove my point, I expressed my position about your PoV and PA busniess strategy and you heavily ignored it. Way to call others reality escapers.

9. Ben Phoenix

Still not impressed, try harder =)

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

And what business strategy do you disagree with, yet at the same time disagree with us telling you that they utilize pretty much all of them.

And what you dont understand is that by your very definition, you are still agreeing with us.

Tell me whats worse, the cash shop having the best weapon in the game for instance + 21 caphrasd PEN dandi in the cash shop for $5.

Or a game that punishes people and sets algorithms that mandate at least 5k-10k hours of gameplay in order to achieve mcguffin toward your reason for playing, which can be circumvented by paying thousands of dollars in the cash shop.

When someone asks if the game is PTW, do you tell them no because well, that +21 caphras level is not directly available in the cash shop for $5?
    Or do you steer them correct and say yea, the purchase price means nothing, the devs monetize their product using X,Y,and Z means.

In this case PTC,PTW, and optional subscription. Enjoy.

I'm still here, but why lie about it.

#390 Kynreaa, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 and Life2v like this.
  11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Unlike you I'm not here to impress new or young players and misinform them, I'm here to discuss things and make points.

You claimed people disagreeing with you are Pearl Abyss defenders. I proved you wrong and now you're dodging conveniently.

Naho likes this.
  12. Seilla

Hell yeah. This video describes the monetisation of PA perfectly.
    Focus on a small core, monetise heavily, don't waste resources on content and don't push too much p2w. Go step by step to keep the player base investing.

Phoenixxx75, Life2v and Kynreaa like this.
  13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Implying you won't dodge and refuse to admit that accusing your opponents to defend Pearl Abyss is a lame trick to help spread your religion.

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Dodge what? It honestly seems like anyone at this point refusing to see the forest is made of trees have an ulterior motive..I mean whats the point, it distracts from us agreeing on anything that can make this game just plain better, more profitable, and de-incentivize placing solutions to purposefully developed problems in the cash shop.

15. Naho

I don't tell them No because that +21 caphras level is not directly available in the cash shop for $5, i tell them no because there is nothing that's gonna make someone get a guaranteed win on you on the closest or fair view in the competition simply because of how the competition was made for this game.

But yeah i'm lying about it because you don't see it that way . What a waste of time really ...

IWalkAlone likes this.
  16. woots

this video is indeed very good, and 'by leaving morality out" that's perfectly what's PA is doing.

And like someone said in the video comment :
    *How to destroy the videogame industry through greed and immorality in 20 minutes or less*

replacing the videogame as real entertainment by a leaching wallet machine exploiting psychological flaw to milk you hard.

No wonder even if many ppl starve for a good mmo, not that many actualy keep players because most of them just end up like this.

17. Ben Phoenix

The dodge argument doesn't work with me, sorry mate =)

18. Evengelius

End of discussion.

And also for this,

The P2W debate is not even needed to notice a WK tbh.

You've been like quarrelling for quiet some time now.

Said what you think about it, and yet continue to answer.

How about stop?

We all here understood that a very small portion of you guys don't agree with actually what P2W is, then built your own meaning of it.

It's ok. Move on.

At this point, it's like debating about is the earth flat or not.

And to be honest, you're implicitly white-knighting.

19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

PTW, never meant get a guaranteed win, It always meant pay for advantage. So there is another flaw in your logic....Even If a game had the BEST weapon in the game only available in the cashshop for $5, that weapon does not guarantee a "win" even in your standards.

20. Ben Phoenix

They get fussy about the term cause they don't have better arguments and they know it. Someone started the silly "win what" and now it's one of the most used arguments to deny the facts.