1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want play this game and have some question.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MindaugasR, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

...Yea, surviving being one shot is a huge advantage, one only having cheer set at 100% can solve, if you cant reach 340+ dp. Its literally a second wind skill in this games standards.

And most of your free alternatives are exploits, or suffer from massive nerfage compared to people that just go the direction the devs attempt to force on them with their monetization method.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

p2w is ingame advantage for money (by definition), and is not limited to only exclusive items. even more so in games like this which dont have gear reset every "season" or expansion.

mind we r not discussing the degree of p2w here, just the fact that it IS p2w. i obviously like the game enough to tolerate it. that doesnt make it any less p2w.

Korvgubben and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. robertthebard

Yawn...

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Most of this is blablabla only intended to impress new, uneducated or incompetent players. Not gonna address this point by point since you're going to ignore everything.

Besides every of your wall of text points have been already and technically addressed.

As it has already been exposed multiple times, if you're triggered by the mere existance of a cash shop, you better totally give up on online gaming.

By the way using bold letters doesn't change the fact that your definition of P2W is just your definition of P2W and people are totally free not to share it.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

how is it my definition if its not defined by me? :D

6. Ekatarina

Ekatarina Ranger 61

Haha that's gold. :)

I don't even know why you keep discussing with them.

You and many said it before, it has a general definition : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win

I quote :

Special items could be high-end gear, accessories, etc available in the market place at a high price.

That you could get by buying others specials items available in the pearl shop, but this time with your real money, such as outfits or value packs. Simply.

It's not really different from gold sellers tbh. Just here, it's a win-win for Kakao and Pearl Abyss.

They're just blind to not admit this is exactly what happens in bdo.

#446 Ekatarina, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  7. robertthebard

Interesting rebuttal, now tell me, how does this compare to what I presented? I presented a circumstance, that's actually real, where you cannot get BiS gear w/out the CS, and was told that it is exactly the same as here. So, how is it exactly the same? The items required to craft gear are dropped, and can be crafted in game. In my example, the items needed to ensure you get BiS gear can only be obtained via the CS. Now, if you can't demonstrate that these are exactly the same, then I would say that it's not me that's blind. I'm not sure if some whale offended you by having a costume you can't have or what, but do demonstrate that the two systems I've laid out are exactly the same. I'll wait over here.

What's really ironic going over the counters to things I've said in this thread is that they are exactly what I'd expect a whale to say to defend being able to P2W. Comments such as "the fact that it can be done in game shouldn't be discussed, because it's going to take a long time". In the almost 20 years that I've been playing MMOs, this argument is, in fact, the argument used most frequently by whales defending their purchases. As I have already pointed out, the whole idea of a gear treadmill is to make players play longer. Even when there's no CS at all, that's the idea. So trying to shut down the "it can be done, but it will take time" isn't really a good approach to trying to "shut down" P2W, but is, instead an argument to implement it. Anyone that's watching the announcements across the screen in game will know that there are a whole lot of fails going for upgrades. A whole lot. In a P2W scenario, I wouldn't expect to see that many, but hey, I've only been at this for in the neighborhood of 20 years, and have actually seen the results of a true P2W scenario, what could I possibly know?

8. Ekatarina

Ekatarina Ranger 61

Posting a larger message won't even make it more relevant you know.

At the end of the day it won't change the general statement of it, which clearly states that by definition it's p2w, you just can't deny that.

Now it's up to you to believe otherwise, but it will be and remain your thoughts then.

This dude really came with this whole scenario :D

Bye I got no time for such arguments.

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

With this game, its more beneficial to grind an IRL job, and pay to progress, then it is to skip work and spend time ingame.
    That about sums that up.

Time is a factor you continually dismiss. PTW/PTC monetization incentivizes such development, such as prolonging simple tasks, and punishing rng failures that can be avoided with Real money.
    ..If you prefer it this way, then continue claiming taking 2 years to get something, others that choose to afford with IRL money can obtain in a month as not being detrimental to this industry.

This game has the exact same mechanic as rappalez, and the other game @IWalkAlone claimed to be PTW...By your own definitions these developers have utilized all of the monetization practices, yet convenienced you to deceive people into believing otherwise.

In your opinion it seems you just dont mind this PTW/PTC/Lootbox/Subscription monetization method..And there is nothing wrong with that.

Fearless V likes this.
  10. Naho

upload_2019-9-2_17-27-44.png

That thing you just took from wikipedia where i can just edit everything making it look my way right? Good one tho.

Smileybones likes this.
  11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

See the thing that you are missing is that even in the game you cited buying the better gear score does not guarantee you win unless you are the only one allowed to buy the item. What it gives you is an advantage, maybe even a guaranteed win against the ones that have not purchased it.
    Sound familiar?
    Bdo allows people to turn money into game currency and buy stronger gear that also does not guarantee a win against people that have the same gear but most certainly does give you an advantage over those that do not have the same gear.

Ben Phoenix and Fearless V like this.
  12. Naho

How many times do i have to repeat myself? It does give you a guaranteed win on the one not paying for it since there are no other way to get them but spending real life money . In that game the set of gear you get depend the level you have after the rebirth. Someone with a low level char , as the rebirth reset your char to 0, will still be able to beat you with deified shiki...

#452 Naho, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Do you have any idea how many crons is needed to safe enhance tet or pen boss gear? Do you also know that safe does not mean it will go up it means it will not go back to duo or tri. This equates to a lot of costumes to safe enhance every item you need.

So again missed the point. More than one person can buy the deified shiki therefore you are not guaranteed a win even if you have bought one.
    Someone buying pen items with money converted to silver will get a guaranteed win in bdo over someone that still only has tri gear just because rng hates them and they do not spend money in the pearl shop to convert into game currency.

#453 Phoenixxx75, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2019
    Ben Phoenix likes this.
  14. IWalkAlone

Again your comes out of your... believe me if you play that other game one month you will come here and scream at everyplace that BDO is anything but P2W..
    Since this conversation leads no where Im out. Have fun.

Fearless V likes this.
  15. Naho

You're the one who actually misses the point. We are talking about People spending money VS People not spending money doesn't matter if they are more skilled than the one paying. Not talking about People spending money Vs People spending money. I did say it multiple times before in the definition i gave on previous thread.

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

In Rappalez, whats to stop people from having Back-ups then? Just like you claim is the non PTW method here.

Face it, your gimped, and left behind if you refuse to pony up any money, including BDO's sub service after the buy to play gotcha.
    Is there anything inherently wrong..No, the problems arise when they affect things in game, and development..which in this case they do.

And the devs made it affect things things so much so, its often common for people to spend upwards of $2k, not even in the PTW portion, but the convenience part...which is the same stain on the industry in my opinion but that's another topic.

You buying into anything was never the purpose of answering this dudes question. If anything you claimed we just hate cash shops, and Iv erased that false narritive with a suggestion. That if PA just let everything in the cash shop become allowed to be registered to the central market, it would make their PTW/PTC monetization much more fair.

17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Yea my mistake it wasn't you. It was @Naho talking about Nonstop goddess, sorry didnt mean to mismention you.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No we are talking about bdo being pay to win because people that spend money on this game and use it wisely have a decided advantage ie winning against those that do not.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  19. Naho

ok

20. robertthebard

Time is a factor that I continually acknowledge, you mean? You can't even represent what I'm saying accurately, how are you representing anything else accurately?