1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want play this game and have some question.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MindaugasR, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ben Phoenix

[​IMG]

Evengelius likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

wow 100 blackstones. the wonders u can do with that. :D

Phoenixxx75 and Kynreaa like this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You mean he made an uneducated opinion based on a total ignorance about BDO mechanics as you're accusing roberthebard of doing.

This only illustrates further the hypocrisy and lack of logic I pointed out previously.

4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Ok, now i have to ask for a quote i agreed with.
    What did i agree with that was false?

If a 5 year old comes up, and solves (not attempts but actually solves) a problem do i dismiss him cause hes 5? Or if somethings correct its just correct despite the source.

#484 Kynreaa, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Judging a cash shop business model while being unaware of most ingame mechanics is idiotic and you perfectly know it.

But hey keep on denying robert his opinions because his supposed lack of ingame knowledge while supporting ignorants simply because their narrative fit your religion, you totally look scientific and unbiased.

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Comeon, dont talk about Robert that way....He means well, I think.

Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  7. robertthebard

You know, I'm getting really tired of that BS excuse. So, If I'm in Kamasylvia, the enchanting works differently and destroys my armor on a fail? Not -5 endurance, destroys it where I can't use it. If not, shelve your mild attempt at being insulting, it's not my intelligence you're belittling, but your own. It doesn't leave me going, "yep, he's right", it leaves me going "does he even understand how enchanting gear works in bdo?". That's probably not what you're going for, eh?

In what world is still having functional gear worse than being stuck with a piece of gear you can't use at all? It's starting to get pretty pathetic to read.

This would be hilarious, if it wasn't so damned sad. It would seem that I have a greater grasp on how enchanting works here than you do. I, at least, understand the difference between gear I can actually use, and gear that I can't use at all until I get a CS item to fix it. It seems that you lack the mental capacity to understand that, and instead choose to project your shortcomings onto me. It's not making you look witty, or intelligent. It's making you look pathetic.

Smileybones likes this.
  8. 2Cents

Son there is no Gear Score cap to the player grinding those locations. Remember all your complaining about griefing others in lower tier areas? How did you forget that?

I guess you should follow your own advice and

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

The sad thing really is, the fact yall are still arguing in a post that OP left long time ago. I'm willing to bet, OP doesn't even play BDO now. So OP more than likely don't even care about your debate. You guys are debating over nothing at this point.

LUL

Phoenixxx75 and Naho like this.
  10. Ben Phoenix

It's pretty much how it works here on forum, some threads just stay alive because of the argument itself, not because the OP. The "P2W or not P2W" topic will always be something that triggers this community, there's more than one thread like this atm that is still going on. Not surprising to me really.

11. Korvgubben

Remember what I wrote in the post you quoted on page 3? Well here we are at page 25 and what has been achieved?

Honestly I've found your posts up to this point incredibly frustrating to read to say the least.

Your knowledge regarding BDO is significantly lacking yet you make comparisons between endgame Rappelz and tutorial level BDO (post #334).

You openly admitt to not knowing about everything in the pearl store (post #157).

You make ridiculus claims like BDO armors being cheap as if 1 bil Rappelz money is equal to 1 bil BDO money (post #473)

On top of this you show no willingness to take in anything any1 tells you regarding the endgame of BDO.

Do you even know the simple fact that armors/weapons DOWNGRADE if you fail an enhancement attempt?

12. Ben Phoenix

But yet he's claiming that no one here ever played a P2W game and we are all clueless about BDO too. The irony.

Fearless V, Phoenixxx75 and Kynreaa like this.
  13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

See you're cute however gear caps don't physically prevents people your kind to grief others, they are an incentive.

So what about you pollute another forum with your logical fallacies, Mrdodge ?

14. robertthebard

As a matter of fact, I do. So since you're following what I say, how about what I quote? Are you following that I'm being told that when that downgrade happens, it's the same thing as not being able to equip the gear?

I get it, I really do. "But my narrative". However, when people spew nonsense like "you're in the tutorial, wait until you're not" to state that broken and cannot be used is the same as "downgraded". When they try to act like changing from the "tutorial" section of the map, to some mystical main game map will change the way enchanting works, this despite the guides that state you should craft in Velia? Yet it's my knowledge that's lacking? You have fools trying to educate new players, maybe, instead of applying so much intense scrutiny to the new player, you should be calling out the misinformation being spread? I get it, you can't be calling out people who support your position, it's bad form, or something? However, since you are subjecting my posts to such extreme scrutiny, perhaps you can explain when broken, and can't be equipped until you buy an item from the CS to repair it is the same as the item downgrades on a failure. If not, don't bother. It's become blatantly obvious that the primary problem is the mere existence of the CS in most cases, and a likely mixing of "but everything should be free, I bought the game already".

I thought you left? I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but instead it's "well, I'm going to take pot shots at you from the shadows, and hope you're not reading all the posts, just replying." eh? So, I'll pose the same question to you: How is broken, and can't be used until you buy an item from the CS to repair it the same as the item downgrades on a failure, but can still be equipped?

He had another post in the thread, about 9000 posts ago, he decided it wasn't the toxic shithole of a P2W scenario it was being painted to be, and that he could, with time, gear up w/out spending cash.

#494 robertthebard, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2019
  15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Get ready..it typically take around 200+ of a boss accessory to even make a single TET.
    You do the math on how much that costs. Or, and failing Pen gear..Im sure 80% of people wish it only broke and could be repaired instead of downgraded.

Let us know on the 30th time your gear ends up at pri..pretty much useless, and takes a 45 stack, and 200 memory fragments just to duo.

But like i said..the cash shop alleviates all of that fuss, in both games.

#495 Kynreaa, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Ben Phoenix

I thought you knew you can put people on your ignore list?

17. robertthebard

Why? I don't have an issue with people discussing, or arguing with me. I am not, however, the one that said "I'm done with this dialog" and then popped in to take a potshot at you or your position. Poor etiquette there.

Naho and Smileybones like this.
  18. Ben Phoenix

Says the etiquette guy, great argument there:

"So, when you wise up, and actually do some "on the ground research" on P2W, and actually get into some situations where real P2W has adversely affected your game play, you be sure to let me know. Until then, this childish ********? You can kick it to the curb. You're unable to bring anything intelligent to the conversation. It's not your fault, I'm sure you were taught to be a sheep. Rebel, man, rebel. Step up and learn something about the subject on your own, instead of mimicking what someone else tells you to think. It's almost sad to see you calling someone else ignorant, or delusional, all things considered."

=)

19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Just like in rappalez?

20. robertthebard

Here's the thing you're failing to understand, well, one of the things you're failing to understand. This is, first and foremost, a Korean Grinder. This means, in no uncertain terms, that you're going to be grinding for almost everything you get. Part of that grind is gearing up. I came in knowing this, I've played around with the upgrading enough to see how it's going to go. At the end of the day, I much prefer being able to continue to use my gear to get the components to try again, than having to spend trillions of in game currency, or thousands of dollars, fixing something that broke during an enchantment. Maybe I'm just more fiscally responsible? Or, maybe, understanding what a game is, and buying it anyway, I knew what I was getting into, and decided it was going to be fun enough to justify the time investment. You see, my sub in Aion was active when it went F2P, and I had preselect characters, rolled up a couple of days before the game actually went live. I played Rappelz for 5 years, and I played swtor for 3. I've been playing DDO for 8 years, off and on, mostly off right now. Point being, I'm not concerned about investing the necessary time. I don't care that you don't want to, but don't try to project your lack of patience with a system that you should have known from the start was stacked against you may take some time to complete. I don't share your impatience with it.

IWalkAlone likes this.