1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want play this game and have some question.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MindaugasR, Aug 27, 2019.

1. robertthebard

Where's the tab that takes my wallet to achieve it? The problem I'm having here is that someone with lots of time to dedicate to gear grinding can have this gear well before I can. Since this is the "definition" you want to use for P2W, how are we going to square that, when they didn't spend a dime on the CS, or the MP? This can be whether they're actually dropping it, or buying it off the MP through the silver they've ground out during regular, for them, gameplay. However, this is part of your P2W, getting that gear "first".

This is why I see this campaign as misinformation. It is entirely possible to get BiS everything w/out touching the CS. In the game I listed earlier in this thread, it's not. The Enchant Protects have exactly one source, the CS, and while they are tradeable, they come from there, no matter where you buy them. Since the enchant system is heavily skewed against the player, if you're going to be able to be competitive, and endgame there has a lot of PvP, so you'll want to be competitive, you're either spending cash, or buying from someone that did: P2W. Buying gear from the MP is not P2W, since the only currency it takes is in game currency. If one is getting that through RMT, they have other things to worry about.

As an aside, people use CSs in these games to make money. They do it here, and they do it in GW 2, and they do it in ESO, or swtor, and the list goes on. However, since they can't buy the endgame gear directly from the CS, or the means to ensure it's BiS, it's not P2W. Yeah, one can get filthy rich in game that way, but using a resource as intended isn't part of what everyone rails against P2W for. I don't know if you've ever looked at the stores for GW 2 and swtor or not, but there's absolutely nothing you can buy from them that's "winning".

2. robertthebard

I'm not going to watch the video, because it's based around what you believe to be P2W, and your definition includes "using in game currency to buy gear that can only be obtained in game". This is the lie you're telling me, and yourself. You can grind out the silver to purchase this gear w/out ever having to use the CS. There is no tab in the CS that actually sells the gear outright, and as we can see from my previous post, people are thrashing around wildly trying to justify P2W. In an actual P2W situation, one could just link the items in question from the game's store.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

U are making silver out of thin air via credit card. U can wrap it up in shiny paper ten times it is still ****. No amount of grinding can overcome theoretical sheik habibi with unlimited no limit on money spending. Call it what u like, but dont sell new players fairytales.

4. IWalkAlone

P2W meaning is washed or is changing, also BDO P2W changing - at the begining a player who play the game has more silver than player go P2W, later with payouts you get much more silver than person who P2W, now if you spend thousands of real money you get more silver than a person who only plays.
    But one thing is constant - you cant take better gear from CS than the gear in game.This is why some people dont think BDO is P2W, and some people think time is P2W.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Faerie queens might for 1. Now thats out the way, what im showing you is that just because something takes you 4 years to grind to obtain in game, conveniance is the win when you get it in a week.
    Paying for that conveniance presents the same problems as just paying for a win button.

In the video it shows that the game has a raid and dungeon feature...sure you can run it in game...but the conveniance of just paying for all the mob drops and boss drops skipping the challange is just as wrong.

Tolerating any of it insentivises the devs to keep doing it.

#85 Kynreaa, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  6. robertthebard

So you can actually buy the drops from the CS? That's a classic definition of P2W, and I'm against that kind of thing. Now, show me where I can buy end game gear in the CS here?

7. Taeshien

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

If you could get it in game by your definition it wouldent be ptw...you cant get it in game.
    Only 8n the cash shop....what you cant figure out how to ptw, so need instructions? Forget it.

Besides you cant afford to anyhow.

9. robertthebard

So now you're telling me that you can't get end game gear in game, but you have yet to show me where you have to buy it in the CS. So, the takeaway from this exchange is simply this: "But it's P2W because I said so, and because I said so on the internet, it must be true". So you can't support this, but instead want to run with "you can't afford it". Classic diversionary tactic, and it may actually work, on some people. Not me though. I'm all for firing up the bonfires, and hitting up some pitchforks on actual P2W. The problem is, you haven't actually shown me anything, despite asking you repeatedly to do so. You see, this is the kind of misinformation that I'm dead set against. This is the kind of misinformation that drives away new players because someone like you says "yep, it's P2W", and yet, you can't support the claim with anything like actual proof. First it's "but Loot Box Legislation", now it's "you can't get it in game", but no links to where you have to get it, since your claim now is that end game gear literally doesn't drop in game.

So, I'm thinking that the real issue here is "but there's a cash shop, so it's P2W, no matter what they sell".

IWalkAlone likes this.
  10. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

You have no idea what you started here :)

Now that your checking the game out yourself, play it how you want and have fun with it in your own way. There are tons of guides online for help and if you join a good guild people will help also.

Solitaire likes this.
  11. Ciccina

Ciccina Sorceress 61 NA

1. Does this game is P2W ?
    Not really, but bads and poors cry that it does.

2. Does this game population still active or dead ?
    Game is very active.

3. Does this game have global chat in game ?
    Yes, the game has a global chat system called "World" chat. You need an item from the pearl shop called a "Megaphone" in order to use that chat system. You can purchase the Megaphone with Pearls (cost real currency) or with Loyalties (free).

4. Does this game have many bots, macro users, and etc ?
    Not that many compared to other MMOs.

5. I think play as Lhan. Does is good class ?
    It's mediocre at best.

6. Can I expect 60 FPS at 1440p Remaster mode max graphic with RTX 2080 GPU ?
    Yes, you can get well over 60 FPS at 1440p in Remastered Mode on a RTX 2080.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  12. WhySoSeeryus

what u dont realize is that buying such progress IS p2w because gear is the goal of the game. if you are ok that someone with a creditcard can obtain stuff today that you wont have in a year or more, this is a game for you. but remember, by the time u reach what they had today, there will be other stuff for them to buy while u will always be catching up and providing them with content. after all, they do need that gear to kill people. ;)

and people in this game dont pay hundreds and thousands of $ because its convenient. they pay it for the advantage they get.

and as for unobtainable stuff in-game that u can buy for cash > various useful costumes (ghillie being one that gives plenty of advantage in pvp), working lodgings, horse stables, furniture, etc.

Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. robertthebard

You know, between the xbox version, and the PC version, I have 10 houses, with 4 set up as "working lodgings", all w/out spending a dime, and I haven't been around for a month yet. What is it you're doing wrong? On the xbox, I bought the house in Velia that let me have 5 slots in that stable, still no cash outlay. Since housing starts off with Contribution, and contribution is earned by playing the game, your argument is getting weaker and weaker.

Just come on out with it, so we all know to just move along: You're mad that it has a cash shop. It doesn't matter what they sell, you just think they should be giving you all the stuff in it for free because you bought the game, right?

14. WhySoSeeryus

i am simply replying to op's question, game is p2w and very much so in spite of people trying to find excuses for it.

why would i be mad about it? only emotion current cash shop triggers is sadness, because this game could have been so much more if they worked the "long game" approach.

also, grats to you on houses with lodgings, i have an army of workers with barely any cp in lodgings. i have fast pets, outfit that makes me all but invisible to people that dont play in optimal tetris mode, nicely rolled horse, fairy and many other things we can talk about when u get them or if u get them at all.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

WTF? Do you even play this game, and if so for how long?? That's far far too naive, and obtuse.
    WE went over the swipe for silver, The whole section of the cash shop with winning items, and even you admitted this games BS, when you left your last game cause it had PTW, so now your here even though this game has the exact same mechanic! I give you your example and you just brush it off, and ask for more, then attack legal definitions when provided.

No ones gonna convince you to dislike this dev's monetization methods, your here enjoying your self, you obviously just like PTW/PTC, OK, i answered dudes question and exposed your deception already, he can see if he as well doesn't mind PTW/PTC.

...Answer another of the dudes questions you obviously have no idea about or take this conversation to its proper thread.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/poll-is-bdo-p2w.459644/

16. WhySoSeeryus

cmon, dude is a troll that plays for a month ;D

actually, he is the reason/problem for this game having a cash shop coz he said he is being a parasite that hasnt spent a dime.

Graviera and Kynreaa like this.
  17. IWalkAlone

So in a same way if player1 play one hour a day and player2 plays 10 hours a day they will be miles away.Should we ban players that play more than one hour a day ? Come on people time is not P2W in a progression game....

18. WhySoSeeryus

are u seriously argue pro p2w that player playing more has advantage in a mmorpg? ofcourse, that is the premise of the game. you know, someone PLAYING the game is better at/in it.

Korvgubben and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. robertthebard

Wow dude, slow down. You have yet to show me any armor in the Cash Shop. I've asked, countless times, for the link, and you provide things like proposed legislation for Loot Boxes. Does this game even have them? Seriously, I couldn't tell you, since I've only ever looked at the Loyalties section of the store. So all this ranting and raving comes down to "but it has a cash shop, and so it's bad". How much would you pay for a sub? Sub models don't always support games, but they have to generate money to keep the game up from somewhere. If you're not forking over cash to keep it up, then let those that will use the Cash Shop use it. Instead of bemoaning them spending money to buy cosmetics to list on the MP, you should be shaking their hands, and thanking them, assuming you enjoy the game.

Yes, I left a game because of P2W. Let's break that down:

You can enchant your gear to ~ +20 when I left. The cubes can be dropped in game. After +7, any enchant attempt can break your gear. Broken, as in you can't use it until you fix it. There is an item you can use to prevent breakage. It has one source, the cash shop. There is an item that you can use to repair the gear if you break it, guess what, it too comes from the cash shop. People have literally dropped 10's of thousands of dollars in that game to get that +20 gear. Where is anything like that in this game?

I know what P2W is, I've seen it first hand. I have yet to see anything in this game that's P2W. I played swtor for years, hearing all about how speeders were P2W, and the same in GW 2. So I get to the point where I despise being lied to. I don't care who's doing the lying, game devs, my kids, my grandkids, or other gamers. If you spend enough money in that other game, you will have top tier gear. You can spend enough to guarantee that you will. Here? From what I've seen, even from you, you'll be able to get some silver to buy it off the MP, assuming anyone's selling it. There's a thread that was on the first page complaining that some gear is selling for far too low to make it worth listing. You can bet, since there's no gear on the CS, that he ground his ass off for it, and now can't get what he thinks it's worth. Basic gear that's listed for 10s of thousands here would set you back billions in that other game. End game gear is in the trillions. So don't try to preach at me with your "but it means they can make some silver to buy stuff" as P2W. I've seen it in full force. This isn't even a drop in a P2W bucket.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  20. robertthebard

However, by the very definition that you linked for P2W, that's exactly what it is. They got it faster than the other guy, so P2W. That's your definition from the Urban Dictionary. Either we're using it, or we're not, pick one.