1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to spend cash on pearls, but I don't want to feel ripped off.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Slayter, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Slayter

So, generally speaking, I don't.

It's a shame as I do have a large amount of disposable income, as I am sure a lot of people playing this game do. I waste cash from day to day on all sorts of frivolous follies such as fad health foods, over the top deserts, high priced pharmaceuticals, antique British sports cars, real life pets, follies in the garden, holidays, paying other people to do jobs around my houses and land that I don't want to do myself and on instruments and equipment for my job.

However when I do fritter my cash away I don't like to feel like a silly ****er. I like to feel as if the money I am spending is worth the item I am getting. I'll happily buy an antique ebony and gold inlaid music stand as the price reflects the worth of the item.

I've spent a few quid on this game. T4 pets, few constumes, lots of LT upper and some inventory, all the worker housing, a bit of stables, a few artisans and all the usual sort of stuff. I quite enjoyed it at first, but quite quickly I began to feel that uncomfortable feeling that is someone not lubing up before they slip inside your wallet. I've let my bank account do the talking now as I've more or less stopped buying pearls for the moment.

I will happily open my wallet again once, or if, prices are made suitable for my perception of worth. Here are some suggestions -

Outfits - £10 - £15 max.
    Horse outfits £8 - £12 max.
    Tent - £20 Max.
    LT - I'd buy for all 14 characters at between 1/4 and 1/3 the current prices. Alternatively, make a loyalty scheme - each time you buy a LT item, the costs goes down.
    Inventory - Same as LT, 1/4 and I would work at all 14 characters having it, until such a point I will buy no more.
    Storage Space - Same deal, I maxed the Calpehon, Serendian ones etc, and now have stopped buying them. Make them more sensibly priced and I would likely buy them all.

Anyway thanks for the game, still having some fun here - just thought you mind find it helpful to get some feedback as to why at least one of your 'spenders' has stopped spending.

2. Lofty

Save your breath, it's been 2 years since the forums were aflame about the outfit overpricing in particular and they changed diddly squat. The best thing to do for your own sanity is ignore the pearl shop just as hard as the publisher ignores you.

Moroku, Sawarru, Lomacs and 5 others like this.
  3. Fire of

Why would they change the price if people pay the current overpriced cost that’s stupid and makes them lose money which is Kakao’s main concern.

4. Mafesio

I'd be fine if they doubled the price, it's their game, they made it (believe it or not) to make money, not accommodate your wallet. If I spent years making something, and then someone complained about it being to much, I would double the price on them.

5. Epitafios

Yes i agree. In real life i buy private jets in my free time but the prizes at the cash shop are too high for me.

Kanimae, Lateral and ThunderPL like this.
  6. AussieTitan

good luck, i totally agree with what you're saying but greed greases these gears mate.
    and our voices fall on deaf ears.

7. AussieTitan

yeah because that's a great business model, it's almost like people haven't learned a thing from micro transaction games like LoL and such.

8. Findubar

as some one who usually avoids antique cars and is more oriented towards supercars and lavish charity parties i do identify with your plight. however, why did thou self not see the huge rip off that is the cash shop earlier? they should have been standard features of the game.

AussieTitan likes this.
  9. Mafesio

But it is successful, kakao is a public company, you can just look them up and see that. For the 50 people that come to forum and complain about it, there are 100k people that have no complaints about it. That's why they keep adding things like this, because it has, and still is making them what they wanted.

10. Jas24k

I am curious what PA/Kakao are making per month. They are a business and have to make money of course, just remember servers/devs/buildings/utilities/ guy gets coffee for the office/ this all cost money.

11. Mafesio

It's a public company, you can do find all of that information pretty easily. All the memo's they ever sent to share holders, all of that stuff is public.

12. AussieTitan

cant argue that, i guess some people just have more money then others or brains not sure which :P either way it is a personal decision i understand that.

13. Mafesio

I'm sure it's both, some people have enough money they don't even look at prices, other's have less money but still buy it because they feel compelled by the need to compete and suffer and complain about it afterwards.

Really though that tent is garbage, I don't even know how often I would use it if they gave it away for free, but I'm not a heavy grinder either, maybe I missing some overpowered feature, all I see that's kinda nice about the p2w tent are the villa buffs, but only use them for node wars so it would be pointless just about for me.

14. AussieTitan

the huge difference to me is the p2w tent allows the user to rebuff villa buffs, once you obtain the villa ticket you can then renew on the fly using this $49 tent, not to mention as stated above everything is alot cheaper if you have the pw2 tent, i get that coins easy to obtain but isn't the reason for grinding to make money ? Isn't this slightly helping the rich IRL stay rich in game ? my concerns might be over the top granted but i would love to see the price of it dropped a tad.

15. Mafesio

I just have a feeling that the rich irl don't spend that much grinding themselves. I feel it's overpriced for what it is, the only utility of it I see is the villa buffs. Seems the cost to benefit ratio for me anyway is way out of wack, as I said I only use the buffs for node wars, whatever else the tent does is not going to do me any good. I've never been able to find a grind spot that makes more than I do lifeskilling, so i only grind the 1 hour day and for SP once in while, for me the tent has no purpose, but I can see it being useful to the person that finds grinding fun.

16. Slayter

If no one mentions it they don't realise the cash they are missing. Maybe they don't care, maybe they do.

17. Spartakatz

There is no bargaining in the pearl shop.

They set their prices, you buy it or not. Like in every other online shop in the world.

Or are you also commenting on every item on Amazon that you think is too expensive "If it would be half the price I'd buy it!" ?

Best thing you can do is simply NOT buying it.

Hakazumi and Kanimae like this.
  18. Slayter

I'm not bargaining, just giving them some feedback. My budget is not limitless, but I have about a couple of grand a month to waste. I was wasting some of that on BDO, now I'm not. I bought the things I thought were fair priced, I bought a few things I thought were not value, but I needed, and as for fluff stuff, and convenience, I won't buy it as I think it is priced to high. As a consumer I'd happier spend the cash elsewhere. Just dropping an opinion off.

19. Oddyss

Well, everyone want as much money as possible for their business, everyone know it will not last forever, someday BD will die and money stop coming, i dont blame KAKAO or any other company for this prices, i blame us, gamers/customers becose they just try how far they can go, and we are the ones who allow it, if this prices exist it mean people buy stuff and maybe they later write on forum how KAKAO is greedy but they pay and this is only target what publisher have, making money.

It cant change, becose there will be always people who want be ahead or catchup or look better for any cost, we cant unite and show them we want another reality, in this or any other game, there was attempts but nothing changed, rng boxes, p2w, high cash shop prices... they just want grind as much money as possible before BD die.

20. Spartakatz

Sure, every opinion is valid, I agree with a lot. Just pointing out, it won't happen, people writing those topics since 2 years every week.