1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas to fix warrior

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Reglub, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Reglub

Frontal guard on armor break

SA on connected grab. Edit: no SA on missed grab

No direction lock on whirlwind slash. Edit: and pulverize/tempest

Extended range on counter and upper shield strike. Absolute version of upper shield strike. Edit: 5 second cd on absolute counter (why does it go up to 9 seconds?)

Max range knock back on deep thrust and add a cool down

KD on last hit of scars of dusk

Remove bound on chopping kick and give it a shorter cool down

#1 Reglub, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    YajStylez and Souda like this.
  2. Reglub

replied to myself by accident

3. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

lol

4. Netreiam

This is open ended because I never played war, but, I think a proper way to “fix” warrior is to make it a disrupter like striker or mystic but with more unique mechanics than just SA + CC

The way I’ve always seen it was valk is (or should be since PA sucks) the frontline defender that helps defend and empower allies while warrior is the frontline attacker that softens up and pressures enemies.

He has one of the highest DP debuffs in the game, one of best slows, heal on use and heal on hit skills.

However this all means nothing because most of his kit is unprotected ever since PA left warrior and Valk to rot.

I don’t want warrior to be dragged down to gauntlet class levels of brain dead easiness but he should have ways to be useful and protected for large scale. Here are a few ideas:

First and foremost shields need a buff. Because renown, DP is basically useless. Since they probably won’t get rid of renown they should at least scale shields to AP and DP (DP giving more points obviously).

Also, while we (knight classes) shouldn’t have LSA, I think a good compromise would be to add the resistance increase from guard to all FG skills. People could still flank for damage or grab, and non FG skills and movement would still be unprotected, but this would give warrior and valk the ability to be called a “tank” class, since they could trade FGs instead of being damaged while in SA like gauntlets.

Change War Cry into an aura toggle skill that applies an AP debuff to enemies in range for 1s that is reapplied every second. The skill would heavily drain FP but also recovers it based on enemies hit. It could cost 100 FP every second but regen 20 per enemy “hit” by the debuff. At 3+ enemies it would be a slower drain but still very taxing to use, this is to prevent it from being constantly used and thus inadvertently buff warriors 1v1 too much.

Finally he could use more AoE for his skills. His preawakening was from a time when AoE for everyone was relatively small, but these days it doesn’t cut it. Slap on a few more FGs on some skills and it would be much more useable.

This might be seen as over buffing, but I basically want to bring him (and all “weak” classes) up to mystic level without being as braindead.

#4 Netreiam, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Valient and Souda like this.
  5. Netreiam

Fixed my post

6. Reglub

I would love big changes to warrior that makes them more viable. But I don't think we are going to get a total class rework even though we need one. A few small changes would be appreciated and would go a long way for the class. The most important ones imo are frontal guard on armor break and SA on grab.

Souda likes this.
  7. Netreiam

Honestly if warrior is so outdated that they need to do big changes if they want to moderize it. I don’t think the playerbase should be satisfied with a class that hasn’t received any significant changes since awakening when new classes come out with kits for both awakening and preawakening that are designed for the game as it is now.

8. Reglub

I agree. I would welcome a complete overhaul. Maybe that's what they are working on right now. I'm just saying I would be happy with only a couple small changes.

9. JeanJean

That problem apply to everything: either you change the renow to not give combat bonus anymore but social and prestige bonuses -which should be intended as a progression in social hierarchy- either you have to scale everything.
    So we now have people soloing hystria while it was intended to be a party 'dungeon' or whatever you call it.

Maybe should we suggest a fix for renow : remove the extra AP/DP/DR and give more famlly funds instead ?

10. Netreiam

I mean, they scaled up content for renoun, they just didn't do **** to DP or any of the other stats besides AP. While I would love to get rid of it, or remove all it's combat effects, PA is as stubborn and prideful as a 4 year old, so they will keep their idiotic system

11. JeanJean

Renow also have a huge effect on Damage reduction :
    https://saarith.com/bdo-renown-score-guide/

And I don't think they scaled Hystria for exemple, did they ?

That's the Korean mentality and we must take it into account, not pushing them in a corner. A better tactic would be to come with 'Your renow system is a really great idea and we can even improve it, here is how'.

#11 JeanJean, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018