1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If PVE channels are added, BDO dies.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Hamashiach, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamashiach

I wouldn't expect you forum casual players to understand, but BDO is a PVP oriented game. Whether you claim you are a 'PVE Only' player or not, this game is PVP.

People who claim to be PVE only are lying to themselves. PVP happens no matter what, you can't stop it. If you grind PVE and I kill you, you are not a PVE player, because PVP happened to you.

If Kakao segregates players into PVE/PVP then BDO will die, as the main focus is PVP. A PVP game without PVP is not a PVP game at all, it would be like removing the beating heart from an animal.

Kakao's contract with PA runs out at the start of next year. PA said they will most likely not be renewing their contract and instead self publish. Until then all we can do is hope they don't ruin our game before PA takes over this horrendous company.

Spectrari, Krakh, Celensra and 16 others like this.
  2. Shibou

I'm not advocating for a PVE channel but to be honest, if they separated PVE and PVP into different channels, the only people I can imagine being that upset about it as to think the game is ruined are the people who won't be able to kill weaker players anymore (since hardly any players weak at PVP are going to be on PVP channels).

Vual, MrSirGuy, Sillan and 23 others like this.
  3. Hamashiach

Instead we will steal their grindspots by being able to clear faster, and they can't even try to do anything about it.

sunokelly, Krakh, Celensra and 5 others like this.
  4. Spartakatz

No matter what you call it, absolutely everyone is doing 95% and more PVE than PVP.

Or how do you think, did all the lv61s in the pvp server reach their level? By doing duels or RBF? lol

It's like you call a cup of coffe being "pure sugar", just because there's one sugar cube inside, and you happen to like sugar.

Vual, XLucaX, Nutter22 and 14 others like this.
  5. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

basically this, karma bombing was a problem, you can say w/e you want, if it wasn't a problem then this pvp channel thing wouldn't exist.

they got it without karma bombing other people which is inefficient, face palm, pvp channel was added so no more karma bombing

6. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

If anything they need to turn more channels into no karma loss channels.

Krakh, Celensra, choovanski and 2 others like this.
  7. Dmike

Dmike Dmike Striker 61

This is incorrect. A majority of the population does grind, yes but not 95%. Most of the people end up lifeskilling at the end if they don't grind since not everyone enjoys grinding all day or PVP all day either.

Poldarn and Tempani like this.
  8. Spartakatz

the point is, to get to that level you NEED to do by far more pve. and still call it "is all about pvp" is ridiculous. have a look at real pvp games. install, enter, do some pvp - if you're better you win. without 1 year of running circles around mobs :)

Bubblepuff, Morwath and Draconnix like this.
  9. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

say whatever you want @Hamashiach , but I somehow don't think that it's going to make any difference in some peoples opinions, and if they want a PvP server they'll get one just like a PvE server. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion despite their differences.

Nyrante and Shadosyn like this.
  10. Spartakatz

I mean the high level pvp dudes. Lifeskillers, they are surely no example for "the game is all about pvp".

The only reason I don't do pvp at least half of my playtime is that I'm still far behind, nobody wants to pvp with a 30% or bigger handicap.

Saccharin likes this.
  11. Hamashiach

They won't. The community won't let it happen.

I think it's funny people post on this forum and STILL don't know Kakao never reads it or takes your opinions into account.

Saccharin and Malificarr like this.
  12. Hamashiach

It's hard to quit when I'm always ahead.

13. Maevynn

You can literally go months without PvPing anyone while grinding. If the PvP is meant to be a feature to contest the grinding and grind better, then realistically the focus is the actual grinding—not the PvP itself.

BDO wasn't originally designed with OW-PvP in mind and you can really tell it was just slapped on after. It doesn't serve much of a purpose, people don't get punished for just running back. The power is entirely in the hands of the person who is killed to just keep showing up with zero punishment on their part, while the person who is doing the killing stacks up the (minor) punishments.

XLucaX, Draconnix and Gantheral like this.
  14. Shibou

Plenty of games get on fine without open world pvp (FFXIV), if you want the ability to fight for your grind spot then you'd do that on a PVP channel, on a PVE channel you'd do what everyone else has to do in a non-open world PVP game and either go to a different spot or just clear faster than everyone else.

Saccharin likes this.
  15. Hamashiach

Or just don't add PVE only channels because it will lead the game to an early grave.

16. Shibou

Honestly I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I don't know if a PVE channel would ruin BDO or not but I certainly don't think it's needed, on regular channels PKing is already pretty punishing while being PKed is nothing more than a minor inconvenience. Creating a PVP channel where people can go slaughter each other without consequences seems like it may be adequate enough in getting the most adamant PVPers to leave lifeskillers alone.

17. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

That is not what I was told today by the Black Desert Online community page on Facebook, and according to them Pearl Abyss does get forum suggestions passed to them. I think it's funny how many people on this forum think that Pearl Abyss doesn't see these posts when they've said otherwise.

18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Why would it ? I think it would bring pve crowd to game that after getting gear would be eager to try it out in pvp.

Vual, darkkenzi, Saccharin and 2 others like this.
  19. Spartakatz

It's like a restaurant offering both meat and some vegetarian food. No, the restaurant doesn't segregate carnivores and vegetarians. They already had their taste before.

What are you so afraid of? How would you notice or even be affected if there was some server without pvp?

The only thing that makes people leave is when they are forced to play something they don't like. If you want to force PvP on PvE dudes (who might join pvp some day), THAT drives them away.

If you don't like it, just don't use it.

Vual, Rad Ron, Sapphirya and 8 others like this.
  20. Elodium

Yeah, just like p2w did... not. You think everyone should want what you want, well no. I don't pvp because I can't pvp with my 1 fps. Instead I lifeskill and grind (very effin poorly) while I wait for a better computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.