1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If PVE channels are added, BDO dies.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Hamashiach, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Capitaine Courage

Players without awakenings aren't on contested grindspots.
    Plus, some classes are not good at grinding, but strong in PvP, and some players are highlygeared, but bad at PvP.
    Not it's not that simple in the end.

2. JustSomeGuy

They manage that all by themselves, they do not need the likes of me for that impression :-)

3. Morwath

Morwath Kunoichi EU

Depends what 'contested grindspot' means for you. I was constantly ganked on my 51 lvl Valk yday by people who were 56+ when I walked to Helms. It was far more "contested" than any spot in Valencia.

...but even Ninja whos bad at PvE with higher level and better gear will clear faster than Ninja with lower level and worse gear, right? If you have clues about classes and how they work, you will be able to judge people correctly, if you decide to even try do so instead of flag kill cuz you can.

Not really.

4. Luminosity

This comparison makes no sense. I am sure most high geared 61 players did only grind to 61, because they want to be above the average level and get an advantage in PvP. After reaching 61 most people I know stopped grinding almost entirely, since its annyoing as **** and there are other more relaxing ways to get money (also with less active afford involved). Everything they do (and also I do) is aimed towards making money and getting better gear with that for PvP. I can not imagine anyone getting TET or even PEN gear and aiming towards 61 or even 62 for the sake of killing even more monsters.
    I am only grinding, because I need the level for PvP, not because I like grinding the same rotation over dozens of hours. On the other hand however you do not drink coffee, because you want the sugar in it even though you do not like coffee a lot. You would simply eat the sugar cube.

5. Smileybones

Not a small part.[/QUOTE]
    In Elder Scrolls Online you can not only mass PVP all day but also level up by doing PVP. The more you know

6. Randodom

That's exactly my plan, if I ever get to that character/gear level.

7. Luxienna

Luxienna Luxienna Witch EU

iam tired of those gear carried plebs with zero skill. guilds should remove the gearscore shouts and make something like.

requietements:
    -t4pets
    -mervs palette (i want colourfull members)
    -minimum 2 costumes for RP and guildscreenshot
    -a female class for eRP 56+
    -all emotes unlocked
    -artisan on alchemy or cooking
    -answer the joining questions correctly.
    (like u ask him 3 questions about the lore/the game story, if they know the answers u know he is good and experienced in the game)

this is, what i as a guilleader would search for, not this boring gearrequirements, that deserve zero skill/knowledge of the game, but only luck.

Smileybones and Gantheral like this.
  8. Luxienna

thats why Tri gear and level 60 is max level / cap for me, to beat the game and content. why i should spent 200 artisans for each tet try.. no way, tet doesnt exist for me and i have "tet" in my chatfilter so i never seen tet items linked, they doesnt exist in my bdo ;)

got the dande to tri was painfull and hard ensug over 150 artisans needed.

9. Capitaine Courage

Indeed.
    And that is why you were kicked from your previous guild.
    So why don't you try to create yours ?

RoakOriginal and Rou like this.
  10. Luxienna

no skill needed? i guess u doesnt even know the Town where u get the new emote.

srsly i see it everyday, when i post an event,special item in channel chat i get hundreds of whispers 'where to get that?" that shows me that 99% of players never play the game, they only grind mobs.
    example items i get tons of whispers:
    -costume gems
    -20day battlebook
    -kibelius winged witch version
    -flute
    -hystria trashloot
    -cashshop pet food
    -event spring earring
    -santas hat
    -german flagg
    -puturum scroll
    -magoria map
    -item quantityv+50% scroll (from 90 day valuepack)

11. Capitaine Courage

[​IMG]

WTF are you talking about ?
    Will you ever make sense, at least once ?

RoakOriginal and Morwath like this.
  12. Smileybones

One issue with openworld PVP is that people abuse it, for example kill AFK fishers. The result is that everyone fish in a few concentrated areas which, for some like Heidel, induces frame drops.

It also kills a part of the game which is to enjoy fishing peacefully anywhere there is water and also to enjoy meeting people fishing in unexpected or funny places while you travel.

Same goes for horse training: people complain about the frame drops the get in Heidel for example, but horse trainers have to stay there to avoid being griefed by player killers. Said PKers being quite hypocrites by the way because they enjoy buying horses from trainers. Furthermore, training horses in restricted areas like Heidel makes the process way slower than in open areas so people that gried trainers hurts the whole community and themselves in the process by reducing the ammount of horse supplied in the market.

The world would look way more lively and populated if we could meet fishers and horse trainers anywhere.

To address the grinding issue, you can always go to a PVP enabled channel or even the dedicated channe to grind.

ronniejw, JustSomeGuy and Gantheral like this.
  13. Capitaine Courage

Bad trainers do that indeed.
    And except from people that only and exclusively do horse training and only that, other players don't bother that much with the horse market.
    Simply because it's easy to make your own T 7/8, even easier now (not anybody wants a pure T8 white, that isn't much better than the others by the way).
    It's just AFK gameplay.

14. Smileybones

What are you even talking about ?

Bad trainers, how good a dead trainer is, please tell me.

You can do one AFK activity overnight, which can be horse training. Let's say it's horse training, in what universe are you prevented to do other activities while you actively play ?

If you believe that getting a desirable T8, which goes without saying, is easy I'm afraid you know nothing about the training activity.

Darkkem and Rou like this.
  15. Korvgubben

I dont rly want pve channels either but its so hard to agree with OP's other crap.

If I get PKed when I'm out grinding/gathering/fishing/AFKing I do NOT concider that PvP. I believe PvP requires interaction from both parties.

Oh, and BDO is not a pvp oriented game. Its a screen-shot contest oriented game.

16. Capitaine Courage

So how did I get mine ?
    And yes, bad trainers AFK train in Heidel.
    There are other safezones with much better returns simply because of collisions.
    And even more in combat zone where you will never ever see anyone.
    Leveled my last T8 from 0 to 30 in combat zone, and with a PvP elligible character on top of that.
    Asking for it ? Yes you can obviously say that, and I wouldn't complain if one morning i found my character dead, because I was aware of the risk i took.
    But the thing is ... it never happened ... because even if it was in combat zone, I carefully chose my path.
    And lvling horse is still AFK gameplay, unless you stay in front of your screen passively watching your horse doing autoloops.

#136 Capitaine Courage, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  17. Spartakatz

some classes get huge boosts at lv61-62, skills add like 15-20% of power.

that's like going from 240 AP to 290 AP, if you fail to do the math.

that's not only a slight advantage.

I don't really get your point, I can only agree, people want to lv61-62 not because they like killing one more million sausans, but because it gives much more power in pvp. and this takes lots and lots of time.

18. Hamashiach

Just because you don't consent doesn't mean it is not PVP. You can't just change definitions when it suits you.

19. Korvgubben

I totally can.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  20. namnam030

namnam030 GottKoenig Valkyrie 61 EU

facepalm.jpg

talking BS like always