1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if this game went sub based? as in needing to pay a monthly sub to play

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MMoNoob, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

What part was misinformation in the video?

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Thing is... first you have costs and then you get profit, not the other way around. PA was very small and had barely money on BDO release. Also they did not make a billion in 2 years.

I mean sure, we could drop insane false numbers and make maths out of it but that would be just wrong.
    Apex for example makes around $450 mil per year.
    WoW on the other hand ~$1,6 bil.

3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

So you feel making a game PTW/PTC is mandatory for the future of MMORPGs now or something?
    Cause those costs never existed before that monetization method?

I dont really see where we disagree..Yea I was just going off something I heard..Maybe its alot less, or even includes the mobile market.

We will see with Archage unchained though wont we...That is if the games the cats meow like people claimed it would have been without PTW/PTC BS.

If not..Pearl abyss definitly isnt the corperation I want to see attempt to make a Subscription game...I mean they will somehow screw that up...Speaking of which what happened with their Subscription model in Russia, why didnt that fly? What did they screw up there...They some how left in the PTC mechanics or something making it was a total nightmare to play?

#223 Kynreaa, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    WinterMilla, NoisyBoy and Fearless V like this.
  4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Na what I am saying is that sub is a good business model combined with an ingame shop without p2w elements and some merch. Some guy said micro transactions would be enough nowadays which is just wrong. GW2 for example just made ~$67,8 million in 2018.
    For a well running game you need money and a decent business model and a combined sub business model is simply the best for the game and the community imo.

Phoenixxx75, NoisyBoy, Tvvin and 2 others like this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Cant really say I disagree then...

NoisyBoy, Tvvin and Kauni like this.
  6. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

P2W Microtransactions is why I left all Nexon games + losing interest in this one. Would disgust meh with how people would spend 200-500+dollars a month on gachas for power (best enchantments gacha only or that rare costume if they didn't feel merciful with the direct bag purchases) . Or reforges that also spiked power at a low RNG rate and you had to roll to get the effect you want. Gl if its the effect you want but not the level. Then you reroll more money. All RNG in Mabinogi

NoisyBoy and Kauni like this.
  7. Ruin7

not that it was 100% but a 30$ sub filters out alot of trash. Id gladly pay it as would everyone else. Id pay 50$ a month if there were dedicated GMs that banned cheaters.

Phoenixxx75 and NoisyBoy like this.
  8. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

I agree and don't agree at the same time. Mandatory 50dollars a month for a game is high lol

I'd be fine with around 10 dollars max with and a cosmetic shop for cosmetic details with stuff being earned in-game

WinterMilla and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. NoisyBoy

I dont mind season pass at all if they did like rocket league... Im waiting to see how archeage implements it in a mmo without ptc sh*t. Truth be told i dont believe them at all after all they did.

10. robertthebard

Uh, no. There are no where near, nor were there ever, enough players to have them making WoW money. Try again.

11. robertthebard

As I stated, I'm not going to watch it. Not when you start your counter arguments to what I said with "you don't understand how capitalism works...", and proceed to try to use "publicly traded company" as some kind of trump card to any arguments presented. I, of course, provided a link to what that actually means, along with a snippet of their definition. You should read the article, you might save yourself future embarrassment.

12. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

~WARNING MEANINGLESS WALL OF TEXT AHEAD~
    There is no where enough players. Because these games are nothing more than, who can out spend or no life another. That completely defeats the whole point to playing a game.

{Imagine NBA basketball make it so that only the richest team or the team that has been established earlier can only acquire professional basketball players, and the teams that can't can only acquire high school players.} Actually take that in apply it to nearly any professional sport in the world. It would bottom out and have just as comparably low interest as P2W/P4C Korean games. That's basically where the Korean MMO market is at right now. F2P titles like GW2 and PoE are doing so much better and hold much more interest due to being the complete opposite.

P2W/P4C games and MMOs will almost always have much inferior interest than decent to good games and MMOs. That's why those games and MMOs can not only survive but thrive without such shady business practices.

Also WoW, ESO, FFXIV, and Eve Online have proved that P2W/P4C titles. Are not only in fact inferior, but also push actual gamers away from them.

Phoenixxx75 and Kynreaa like this.
  13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

So your purpose of replying to me is because......To show you enjoy remaining ignorant then claiming someone else is embarrassed about this?

WinterMilla and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The person you answered means they are MACRO transactions.

Tvvin likes this.
  15. robertthebard

As can be gleaned reading through the posts after your video "proof", there seems to be some disconnect between what you're trying to sell, and what the video says. If it's what you're basing your "but it's a publicly traded company" spiel off of, I'm not missing a thing. I'm responding to you because, in an industry with some legit concerns going forward, your brand of misinformation is right up there with some classic stuff from EA et al, and it all needs to be shut down, as soon as possible.

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

...What? If thats what Im basing my spiel off of?

Your so lost i dont think you even know what your defending anymore. Your saying Korean ran PearlAbyss is immune to the laws of corporate greed?

I had around 2 more paragraphs typed out then realized..I'm wasting my time with YOU cause you ignore information you dont like hearing, or seeing.

Its impossible to have dialog with someone who willfully remains ignorant and ignores information presented when they ask for it.

Its a general run down..involving the entire industry...answering your question. It shows why they feel they must reduce costs on any product, and the methods they use to do so.
    Pretty much what you asked to see proof of.

17. Dulces

PoE isn't an MMO*

And all four(five, if you count gW2) of those games have their own microtransaction shop now, and ESO still requires you to buy all the expansions last I checked. It's also questionable if a sub actually does anything with how shite the combat still is in ESO.

Kauni and Smileybones like this.
  18. robertthebard

You're right, it is. You tried to "educate" me on capitalism, while seeming to not have a clue about what it is, or maybe even what it means. Until you get that sorted out, there's no point in trying to "educate" me about anything. Maybe you need to get out of your parent's house, and start paying bills? I'm not trying to be insulting, but it sure seems like you don't understand how life works, if questions about maintaining a business make you want to go off into left field trying to explain something you obviously don't understand.

You seem to believe that maintaining an MMO is cheap. I laid out some of the expenses, and you came back with "You don't understand capitalism", and then want to accuse me of being willfully ignorant? The problem here is that I do understand capitalism, and I also understand what it takes to keep a household running. I'm doing it every day. I also know what it takes to keep a business running, I've been involved in that end of companies. It's not cheap to maintain an MMO. It is easy to say "but it's P2W, so I have to find every excuse I can to support it, including making up facts, (such as "it's cheap to maintain an MMO" and "you don't understand how capitalism works")" in order to support your hypothesis. The problem is, some of us know better. We know that people that have a job expect to be paid for doing that job. We know that a publicly traded company has to turn a profit for it's investors. We know that sever upkeep can be really expensive, and that internet access isn't free. These are all part of how capitalism works, something that you apparently struggle with understanding. That's fine and all, but don't project your shortcomings on me. I understand it all too well.

19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

...What are you defending?
    Nothing you typed..nothing has to do with anything anyone is talking about.

20. robertthebard

It has everything to do with what you tried to troll me on, apparently successfully. So you never claimed MMOs were cheap to maintain? I mean, if you're going to make the claim, and someone refutes it, "but that's off topic" is sort of a wasted argument, don't you think? "You don't understand capitalism" as a response to "does your video cover all the overhead required to maintain the business that's running the MMO" should have been what, the end of the discussion? It's pathetic that you bring all these things up, and then go "but nobody's talking about that", in fact, it's beyond pathetic. Perhaps, if a discussion is over your head, you should avoid telling whomever you're discussing things with that it's over their head, or that they're being willfully ignorant for the simple fact that you said something, and it must be true.