1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If we're going past PEN Armor with Blackstar and Death God...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Despins, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Despins

While there are arguments against raising the cap on gear that would be worth to be heard...

Is Pearl Abyss considering the rampant hacking and ToS abuses in regards to paying a player to grind on one's account (known as the word pinoy) in NA?

2. gurghul

Let's check...
    [​IMG]

The_Grimace likes this.
  3. Brussie_Chan

it was obvious this would happen its how u progress and swipe no other reason plus soon we can melt boss gear for crons/new item for nice market boost
    gj peeps

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

how is PA connected to NA/EU ? Publishing rights belong to Kakao, they in charge.

5. Brussie_Chan

the conspiracy thickens by the minute :D

6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Clickbait.
    I thought I was going to get to read a discussion on "beyond PEN".....guess not. SadPepe

chendu, Souda, Naho and 8 others like this.
  7. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Asking Kakao to be a competent publisher?

lol good joke.

Patrik2991 likes this.
  8. MikeyMutz

making the game harder just makes people want to abuse these things more

9. Hellbender27

Pinoy is tagalog word meaning Filipino ethnicity. You cannot link an entire race to an action of a few that break TOS.

#9 Hellbender27, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2020
    LeCordonBleu, Phoenixxx75 and Andaro like this.
  10. Schinrah

Powercreep mechanics are literally the only thing PA can think of when it comes to gamemechanics intended to keep people playing the game. They are worried that many whales and hardcore grinders (life,pve,bartering or any combination thereof), who are getting close to or already have full V gear with caphras, get bored and move on cause they can't progress further gearwise.

So PA in their infinite wisdom focuses on keeping that tiny but likely very lucrative minority entertained by throwing ultra expensive new gear at them to give em something new to grind. Most players will likely not be affected by this but anyone doing PvP who doesn't swipe until the plastic melts or spends 5h+ in the game daily or, better both, will just find that gear gap widens yet again.

To me that's an issue because I do enjoy the game for it's PvP and while that might even be a minority the decline in guilds doing pvp has been ....drastic (pun intended for those on EU T2 :P ). In the last couple weeks we had over half a dozen guilds vanish, disband and scatter that have been around for ages. Unfortunately, this has been a trend since at least half a year with increasing speed, and I think a big reason for that is players quitting and new players not meeting the gear requirements to replace them in those guilds.

All the while the remaining veterans flock to a small number of guilds and further compounding the issue because those guilds are gatekeepers for anyone trying to move out of T1. So no supply of new players for normal guilds, pvp scene dies. On T1 you have all the workarounds and cheesy ways to ignore gear caps so even there new players and guilds are feeling the hefty gear requirements in PvP.

PA isn't doing the community any favours by steadily increasing the power of the top 1% while everyone else struggles to keep up and either loses motivation or starts doing sth. else that doesn't require a 100B+ worth of gear just to get to the parking lot of the ballpark they want to play in.

I understand that they want to provide those players at the top with new content aswell and that's good and fine but the new armours, new necklace etc. that's coming is somewhat ridiculous. The thing is does not take many players with that kind of gear to utterly destroy everyone elses experience in PvP. And since the type of player that gets that kind of gear usually flocks to others with similiar "dedication" you automatically create an enviroment where any fledlging opposition gets crushed and the result is guilds dying and new guilds staying clear of that content.

PA should think twice about how they implement this, at the very least they need to consider to further boost midgame progression to allow newer players or players with less cash/time to stay within striking distance. Whales will only be happy so long as they have seals to club and if all seals go extinct then the whales will leave for new hunting grounds, even PA should be able to understand that.

Wouldn't be the first korean mmo that went under because they focused too hard on a minority of the playerbase just because that minority was the most lucrative one, ignoring that a healthy playerbase is required to keep that minority supplied with food.

DarkGG, The_Grimace, Thugarin and 5 others like this.
  11. Vortexii

It's time to shame the community for this along with Pearl Abyss & Kakao. This is the type of game and update you get when the customer base is foolish, ignorant, and oblivious to the fact they are destroying the game industry. BDO is Pay2Fail / Pay2Lose

Now lets to get to Pearl Abyss:
    • Liars: Pearl Abyss stated they wanted to make the progression process easier and Caphra's was a method to avoid such harsh RNG. This was obviously a complete lie.
    • Liars: The enchant rates are worse for BlackStar than any other enchanting.
    • Liars: They say they wanted to not go over the top or render older equipment out of date/useless.
    • Liars: If there are levels even beyond PEN Black Star that means going past +20 PEN.

Eryola and Allan1985 like this.
  12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Nice list however you forgot the most important lie of all.

THIS GAME WILL NOT HAVE ANY PAY TO WIN ELEMENTS. A TOTAL LIE AND ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR SUPPORTING THIS COMPANY THAT TELLS SO MANY LIES

Ps I wonder how long this post will stay up!

DarkGG, Patrik2991, Grehm and 4 others like this.
  13. Boink

Let's be serious here not everyone hires power level. It's risky.

NA servers were completely upgraded right away not like EU servers. You can tell there are many customers that are more likely paying outrageous amount of money in the game. Just to make that happen.

They are also increasing p2w leverages like Artisans are now a 5x multiplier, crons and costume selling. Don't be surprise when Blackstar comes out there there will be someone out there with TET or even PEN levels.

14. Vanadiel

I bet in 5 years we will see quadruple PEN blackstar doom with +500 caphras.

I can't believe people are still paying money to play this never ending treadmill.

15. NoobGamersBerlin

Good lord, I really hope your life’s are not that miserable that you only see the negative things everywhere. You all must have a sadistic touch if you still play a game where you are so unhappy with core mechanics and the publisher/developer. And before accusing them as liars you should probably wait how the process with BS and Dead God Armor is in reality.

I posted it in the other thread already maybe you could start to see the convenience in upgrading your gear they brought into the game over the last years already where they didn’t charge you anything extra.

And show me a MMO where you don’t have gear progression and where the developer don’t bringer better gear with updates.

#15 NoobGamersBerlin, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  16. T800

In other MMO's it's much worse, because they reset your entire gear every Expansion.

At least here, your PEN's would still matter even after 3 expansions.

So your investment in BDO doesn't disappear.

AZzalor likes this.
  17. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

In other MMO's you do not play for 4 years without even being close to max gear. In some games like PoE there are ladders and seasons, where the progression speed is the goal itself within the season, not necessarely reaching a "max" point.
    Going beyond PEN in BDO also means that you devalue the money investments people made to get PEN. I only ever invested into permanent things like pets and storages etc. So it does not really concern me in that regard.
    Still I am pissed about it. The large majority of even the highend siege players is, I would guess, anywhere between 600 and 650 GS. So like 1 to maybe 5 or 6 PEN. People here are nowhere even close enough to C20 PEN everything, that introdcuing higher steps does you any good. The only thing that will surely happen.... The omegawhales with full C20 PEN will gain another power spike that is out of reach for your 5 PEN C9 "pleb" account.

18. Capitaine Courage

The Guild Wars franchise, especially the first one. One of the best PvP in the MMORPG genre also.

19. Schinrah

It's never good advice to wait until the ship has sunk before you voice your concerns about the huge hole in hull. Also "accusing" them? What now? That would imply they might not be and that there is no evidence they did lie. We are long past that, they are liars!

People who are not satisfied with the way BDO has taken but still play it do so for many reasons. Lack of options, time and money already invested and hard to let go off, social aspects like guilds and friends made and tied to the game or of course the positives still outweighing the negatives for them.

These new armors are gear intended for an absolute tiny part of the community, there is no reason why as a normal player it would make sense for you to aquire them outside of "cosmetic" reasons. The way they work you basically need them at least IV to get a benefit over regular armor. However, IV Blackstar has only a slightly better chance at similiar FS than a normal V one, which is better and can be upgrade with caphras.

So in order to gain benefit you will have to get V Blackstar and then upgrade that further, but thats when you'll see significant improvement since a V DUO Blackstar is already on par with a normal V C20+ armor.

So in conclusion for regular players this is unimportant content, but for those of us who are still getting their content from taking part in nodewars, sieges, gvg etc. it's easy to see how this will be an issue. It's enough if a handful of megawhales get their hands on those armors and suddenly rock "DP spec" level stats with full AP. You'll be looking at players with 309 AP 400+DP, a couple of those on the opposing side are enough to utterly destroy everyone elses experience.

It's also not exactly great motivation for newer players trying to move into PvP if they constantly see new gear added and the gap widening. It isn't just new gear after all, it's also new high end grind spots tailored towards the highest geared players. So their gear might be more expensive to upgrade but they'll also get more money from those new spots counteracting the higher prices for the new gear.

Again, this isn't likely to be an issue for many players, but if you have a stake in PvP it should at least raise an eyebrow. It's already hard enough to find new blood for guilds not gonna get easier if the entry lvl gear requirement steadily increases.

And sure other mmo's might "reset" gear with an addon, but usually only need a couple weeks to be topgeared again in those. Especially when talking about WoW, I played that game for almost 10 years starting with the Korean beta and it never took long to have everything "on farm" after a new addon or just a raid released.
    In BDO you can spent years and not reach anywhere close to max gear, unlike in those games where it can be done in a few weeks even if you return after not having played for a year.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. NoobGamersBerlin

And this is what I am talking about. BDO had never this approach and everyone who started to play this game was aware about it. And how long are the most players motivated by such a system like Wow. There is a reason why there is always a hype just for a few month before everyone has everything and is looking for other challenges. And as said before in my guild we don’t have whales and still they are able to achieve Pen Weapons and Armor. How is that even possible?

Last thing to mention who cares if you have some whales having +5 aodg. You probably don’t meet them anyways.

The generell call out of my first post was that you should stop that “all is bad” complaining and do a fact check first and acknowledge as well how easy it has become to achieve descent gear.

p.s I am not deeply involved with all facts if they have broken any promises or if the community just have a different interpretation of what has said but fact is that I don’t see an immediate devalue of old gear, what is as well the point for the slow/difficult progression in gear.