1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If we're going past PEN Armor with Blackstar and Death God...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Despins, Feb 21, 2020.

1. NoobGamersBerlin

Hmmm, reality seems to be different for everyone otherwise I can’t explain why all the cost free convenience which has brought into the game is as well neglected and I mentioned already that I can understand the frustration of certain parts of the game as well but if you can’t deal with it it is more a problem of the user and his ability to see that it is still A GAME and not a second life. As explained before I don’t want everything immediately with the minimum of effort but of course it is ok for me that you fight for improvements. I really hope you put the same effort in important things in life to change things for a better world and for a better future. :)

So tell me:

- does the game give u just 1 horse and the only way to get a better one is by using the cash shop?

- do you get a fairy just once with no chance to get a new one?

- did you never get free pets or isn’t there a possibility to earn pets in the game?

- where do you see the ptw in Manos?

- enchanting is just possible if you use the cash shop?

I am really sorry but it seems that we don’t play the same game but I can admit that yes if you want a fast success, what doesn’t mean a guaranteed success, there are possibilities in the cash shop but this is simply not the only way to get it and as mentioned before I don’t like that “I can have everything effortless within weeks”. This can be and stay your wish.

AZzalor likes this.
  2. Stilgar

The working folk has a different income depending his country and its economy therefore the value of the money that he can invest is totally different compared to a 24/7 gamer

30€ have different value for a Bulgarian citizen, where the basic salary is 195€ / month, different value for a Greek citizen with a 550€ basic salary and a Holland citizen with a 1600€ basic salary and so on.

3. NoobGamersBerlin

True and I can agree that this is something what could be taken in consideration on the other hand you need to compare and take in consideration costs for living standard as well, don’t you think?

4. Stilgar

I was waiting for this answer, my point for the money value from country to country still stands because of the huge differences Europe has with salaries and economy.

No matter the standard living cost differences that can vary, its still more affordable for someone that earns 1600-2000€ / month to spend 50-100€ now and then in the game compared to someone that gets 200-500€. In the long term the first person will have more "convenience" items on his disposal.

5. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Such significant time savings are not convinience anymore but already p2w. That is the problem when you take p2w literally. Your argument of things that can be acquired by ingame means are not p2w is hilarious. Just try making a T8 courser. Chances are you will be at 0 natural ones even after 3 years of doing nothing but breeding.
    Imagine an Item granting you level 65 instantly. Would that not be p2w? Since there are like a handful people at that level already. I mean they did nothing but grind 24/7, but according to logic of saving time not being p2w, this would not be p2w. With the same logic an item granting you level 8000 instantly would not be pw2. Since in theory you could grind yourself there in the next 50million years without p2w.
    Where do you draw the line? How much time do you need to save to consider it p2w? That line would be just made up by someone in the end anyway. But by actually increasing the numbers of those "p2convinience" items you should clearly see that they are p2w. The value just makes it more or less p2w. Instead of an item granting the level you could make the same example with an item granting several million % exp boost vs one granting 100% or 50%. When is it suddenly p2w? A 1000000000000% exp boost is clearly p2w. Why is 100% not? So now imagine someone says more than x % is pw2. So why is x % p2w, but (x - 1)% is not anymore?
    Just combining the absence of full T4 pets, full weight, perfect T4 fairy, a dozen maids, tent, brandstone, lootscrolls, expscrolls etc etc will let you earn money/exp by grinding like 10 or maybe 20 times faster. Simply by you looting more without picking up yourself, killing more because you do not pickup yourself, repairing less often, repairing at tent, not needing to stack trashitems in horse(maid), never having to go back to town till the end of your grindsession etc etc. This is further increased by artisans alone with a factor of 5 in terms of how effective you can make use of your grinded silver.

A fixed price still remains a far greater investment for someone earning less money, even if the living standards would be identical for someone earning 300€ in a "poorer" country vs someone who earns 1500€ in a "richer country".
    The first guy would need to give up 10% of his living standard for a costume, the other one only 2%.

Phoenixxx75 and Stilgar like this.
  6. NoobGamersBerlin

I didn’t neglect your point as I agreed already on it. I just did add something to it.
    PTW is for me when you have absolutely no other choice than using the cash shop what is in BDO not the case and have u looked up the horse market? Tell me where u see the problem in taking a T8 courser?

And for you it is fair that someone who is playing 24/7 will always have an advantage to people who can’t because of jobs and family?

The point with the income I agreed already to it and simply just added a point. You guys should please start to see these things as well and not just understand what u want to understand. ;)

7. woots

there is a difference between, you will get anything you want in game, but cash shop only boost the speed ( like in GW2 as exemple )
    And a game like BDO putting the emphasis so hard on RNG and very low obtention rate that's even if its virtualy possible to get anything you want without CS, the success chance so si close to 0 ( so time you have to spend to have enough ressource for each attempt so high ) that in 10years you still arent sure you get what you want despite actively playing 12h per day.

So yes, Cash shop is very p2w as it remove SO MUCH obstacle

Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. NoobGamersBerlin

Ok guys let’s agree that we have different opinions on the topic and that’s ok. I am back from vacation and will go in my cave of happiness to enjoy the game. Maybe we see us in game sometime. Enjoy everyone and keep pushing for your believes. :-)

IWalkAlone likes this.
  9. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

So Cashshop straight up selling C20PEN gear, level 80 for your character and T9 Horses would not be p2w, since you can achieve it without the cashshop, just by playing long enough? I think I made pretty clear how even lootscrolls are p2w. You apparently do not consider 100% dropchance boost p2w? Would you consider 1 trillion times the lootchance p2w? Pretty much making you drop 1 distortion earring per mob you kill? Is that not p2w? If you still deny that being p2w then obviously there is no point to even talk about it anymore.
    So where is the line between a boost being p2w and being p2c? Maybe try to explain me that. Why is it p2c if I turn my very first T8 into an courser by simply offrolling forechop every level to get it back next level and to a very high chance have all skills at level 30, and the other guy has to breed 250 times over 8 months to get 1 natural courser?
    Any boost in dropchance exp or whatever directly influences people without those item. Imagine a single person with this 1million pearl item that boosts dropchance by 1trillion times. He alone would utterly crush the distortion earring market directly negating any profit any legit player could make from dropping one earring every 2 hours thats being left at 10mio value.
    I would like to see someone with a freshly made account and his like 4T1 pets no weight, no tent, no inventory slots, like 2 free maids, etc etc grind in stars end. All this new account has is 269 kutum and 350 dp. So easily enough to pull 4-6k with normal p2w items, but it will not come this far as the guy is just occupied with picking up items and getting rid of weight.
    Any lower spot that actually drop other stuff, even hystria with all the crystals and lootscrolls literally turns impossible to farm in. Your inventory is just overflowing all the time.
    Pretty much anything that saves time in such a timeconsuming game like BDO is p2w. If you consider it good or bad is another thing. Of course someone working the whole day might use more money to decrease his required time and that is okay. Still does not change the fact that it is p2w.

Allan1985 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. BloodLeshen

I get why they implement these items. Because there are full PEN full caphra players already and these guys are their main income and they need to keep them in game.

Sadly I'm not a fan of these cause I cannot even get a PEN. Its just too expensive to buy and impossible to make. I see myself affording a PEN Heve only so that will be my only PEN.

Now making IV accessories are tedious but they are manageable even if it takes you 5 months a tet ogre like me. So lets assume real softcap are full TET.

So I'm far from it but my end game gear can maybe look like 280ap, 280aap and 310dp.
    -That is if I get a Vells,
    -swap my IV Witch and IV RCE out for 2x IV tungards
    -swap my IV tree spirit for IV basilisk
    -Buy a V Heve helm and caphra to lets say c5
    -Caphra my IV armor to c3

So thats my road to m y endgame and it could takea year or two..

How the fook will that compete to blackstar and death god armor or even to the current full PEN caphra players? -_-

So the future for casuals looks grim. This gear today would definitely be useful but I doubt in a year from now.

EDIT: And guaranteed if I p2w tomorrow I can get all these items in 1 month probably? If I sell outfits to the max I bet I can get it in a month and be an op sorc. I would even do that if I had lotto money lying around:) I mean why torture yourself if you have the money to do it

#90 BloodLeshen, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  11. Bregushka

new gear kill all motivation to play this game. Becose im just heat TET and start C+ it..... and i know if i kill someone and can protect my spot now. After patch - all old players / p2w / nolifers / will smash me and no chance that im get a new gear.

Phoenixxx75 and Fearless V like this.
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Basically this change would make the game even more not worth playing. For most of the guys that are not putting in 6+ hours a day, or spending $2500/week. Bottom line is, this upcoming update will push out most of the low to medium geared PvPers and some of the PvEers from the game. A change like this will push more and more players to opt out of PvP in BDO. And if PvP was their main buying point BDO. You guys might just be seeing another mass exodus of players.

But it is normal for Korean devs. to complete ditch 1,000,000 players that pay like $60/month to cater to 2,000 players that spends 2500/month. Reputation be damned for all these people care for. They just looking to hit it and quit it as fast as possible. This is a very bad change for most of the playerbase that are still playing BDO.

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Man this comment is just sad. The new armor is something that is unachievable for basically everyone at start and is a change looking into the futur of the game. You are NOT SUPPOSED TO have the armor very soon. You should go to get normal pen first.
    And it's a new armor that 99.9% of players won't even care about in the first 1-2 years of its release and it will have pretty much no impact at all.

T800 likes this.
  14. Prokaizer

Lets say that the 5% of the playerbase will have DeathGod armor.
    People think that it is "almost" impossible to meet individuals from the 5% in game.
    Have you ever played RBF?
    All the max geared players playing RBF to flex their p2w gear.
    So you will meet these individuals every single day.
    Then ask yourself again if it impacts the game or not lol.

Phoenixxx75 and Fearless V like this.
  15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Or you go into another rbf than velia4 and you will not meet them.
    Also 5%...my god not even 5% of players are pen c20 and getting the new armor past pen is way harder than getting pen c20. it's something that maybe a handful of players will achieve in the first year after getting the new armor.
    Besides that, we still don't know the process of upgrading the armor past pen so that could be a very expensive and time consuming way that you can't just skip with real money (like you can't just p2w yourself a carrack for the bartering content).

All those hysterical assumptions making it seem like that introduction would be the end to all of bdo.
    How about instead of constantly complaining you go out and play the game and get gear yourself, it's never been easier.

16. Prokaizer

Even if it is only 100 players out of the whole playerbase with the new gear.
    At least 3/5 of them will be playing RBF 24/7.
    That means whatever time you will enter RBF you are going to meet players with DeathGod gears.

Play on other RBF than Velia 4?
    The most active one is in Velia 4.
    Your suggestion is to play 3 v 3 in Velia 5 / Velia 6 just to stay away from DeathGod geared players?
    Who tells me that DeathGod geared player will not enter the 3 v 3 room just to 1 v 3 farm us?

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Then how about you get some friends and play on another rbf or go into ba and do it there...or maybe join an arsha tournament?

All this crying is so sad tbh and it will have nearly no effect on you. There are already the full pen players playing there and if a few of them now have a bit more dp won't make single difference to what we have now.

18. Prokaizer

It's not crying it's fact.
    We all know what increasing the power creep means.
    More p2w.

Fearless V likes this.
  19. IWalkAlone

Velia 5 RBF is pretty bussy , and some very geared people play too.

20. DivinityDay

That's a stupid point you think you're making considering the obvious difference being p2w.