1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if Witch/Wiz gets succession.

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Gojira, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Gojira

Just want to see what you people think about witch/wiz succession if we get it.

from what ive seen its a dumbing down of the main skill tree. so i cant see how it will be better than awakening if its similar power.

what do you peeps think.

2. KeeperG

Probably low cooldowns on meteor and blizzard

Turn into long range siege turret to contrast with the melee aoe awakening

LinaCrysta likes this.
  3. Dexo 2

Wouldnt be surprised if they gave witch voltaic pulse/wiz cataclysm as one of the awakening skills in succesion

Fateneko, LinaCrysta and EisFrei like this.
  4. Gojira

yeah unsure what they will do as war and ranger succession has 6 main skills like awakening plus roughtly 10 others.

Witch/wiz has alot of flows attached to its main skill eg. fireball then explsion, lightning then residual. so unsure if they will break them up. ive read you can use succession and main at the same time so they might leave tele, lighthouse, spellbound, sheild ect all the buffs seperate.

i just hope if we do get it, its not clunky like how currently mainhand skills are.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

id like to see succession fireball explosion
    id like to see more teleport charges
    id like to see iframe on sideway evasion skill
    id like to see earthquake actually doing dps
    id like to see total revision of freeze cc
    id like to see projectile missiles actually hitting moving people
    id like to see some stone skin iframe timeout spell
    id like to see.....

well, who are we kidding, its prolly gonna be just stronger few spells with maaaaybe some protection slapped onto them and maybe cc removed from them.

6. Despins

Anything in succession doesn't matter as long as it has proper accuracy ratings and Awakening pets for pet cc.

Otherwise, it would need to be overflowing with odd protections and iframes. Nobody anywhere gets caught by risidual lightning anymore.

EisFrei likes this.
  7. Xeraths

Proper scaling.

8. Requiiem

there is no information yet, so sad

9. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

More teleport charges for witch/wiz would be cool as long as they are SA. And iframe on the sideway evasion skill would be pretty cool, warrior got iframe on their equivalent of that skill for succession so maybe witch/wiz will too shrug. Freeze has always been interesting but I hardly ever even see it happen. Projectiles hitting moving people doesn't seem like a good thing depending on how it's implemented. I don't think projectiles should go in one linear direction and if someone takes two steps to the left it misses but at the same time it would really suck if it was made so that once someone used a skill at you it was impossible to dodge it by moving away. Tricky area shrug2

10. LordCrusty

Projectiles are not terrible when you get use to them in PvP, Speaking from the point of view of a wiz MMA and fireball+explosion and mainly used after a knockdown when people can't move.

Having a "tracking missile" projectile would be to strong in my opinion, if they made the projectile have a aoe range that it can hit
    like if you throw MMA with X being the player and Y being the projectile range something like this YYYYXYYYY having the projectile effect a certain area without missing kind of like an aoe would be the only viable solution i can think of.

11. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking as well and I wouldn't mind that solution. I'm not a witch/wiz player but I really think all witch/wiz need in terms of buffs are more movement options and the ability to either animation cancel or have faster cast times.

12. LordCrusty

Wiz and witch succession need to be carefully done, our awakening skills are instant cast and aoe based with super armors and frontals because of the long animations.

Also the sucessions that i have seen incorporate modified awakening skills into sucession, i honestly have no idea how hat would be done without the pet so we'll see.

So unless the successions have AOE based attacks with frontal guards or super armors i don't see it being worth it. Without AOE super armor skills wizard and witch lose our utility outside of PA and Heals. Single based attacks would make us suffer in PvE and if the skills don't come with frontal guards or super armors they are useless in PvP due to the animations and cast time.

I don't see it working for us honestly unless they do the BDO mobile skills because redoing our current pre awakening skills which are slow and non aoe based with no frontals or super amors is not going to cut it.

We'll have to wait and see.

Side note:
    I personally think wizard is fine as is honestly, we do grind a bit slower then a lot of classes but we make up for that with our group buffs and AOE utility while in super armors and frontals.

Again speaking as a wiz i personally never had issues with 1 vs 1 at each stage of BDO's development so long as i met the stage in gear.

Untill recently i was taking down 630 GS players in 1 vs 1's on my wizard at 580 GS,Not trying to boast but i had a lot of people say they would report me because i was too tanky for my GS and they thought i was using some kind of glitch or damage modifier hack. I actually have screen shots of well known siege guilds/players freaking out over it.(which i took and kept as i was being threatened of a ban constanty) and some of them were considered good at their class by the community so it wasn't lack of skill on their part.Unless the succession becomes overkill i honestly won't even consider succession.

I can't speak for witch but i do know they have the best group based game play in the game depending on gear difference between them and X crowd.

#12 LordCrusty, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    T800 likes this.
  13. T800

There is that inner voice that tell me, "they might just skip this classes".

The timetable for Succession release posted in SEA, which is published by Pearl Abyss it self,

[​IMG]

shows only 6 weeks of Succession releases, that's max 6x2= 12 Classes.

Warrior, Ranger, Valkyrie, Musa, Maehwa, Tamer, DK, Sorc, Kunoichi, and Ninja = that's already 10 classes.

Seeing how hard it was to split mirrored classes like Kunoichi and Ninja, they might just do Lahn and Berserker and be done with it.

They began in late August and it's December now, and we are only half way threw. For the amount of time they are spending, it might be not worth the money, compared to releasing Guardian.

14. WhySoSeeryus

dont forget we are losing our awakening kit in succession. that means ritardando, protected aoes, lava field, pets. it isnt so simple just to slap damage on our preawaken kit.

T800 likes this.
  15. WhySoSeeryus

i wasnt thinking about homing spells, but the fact that desyncs and everything makes you see the spell hit, but people simply dont get damage or cc in most cases due to how badly its coded in their engine. majority of spells is indeed useless on moving targets. on the other hand, witches and their detonative flow seem to work decently. but it is not a projectile but a hitscan i guess.

T800 likes this.
  16. LordCrusty

Who knows with PA, PA tells us one thing then we never hear about it again or it takes months and months.

Anyone remember wall climbing? years later nothing.
    Sycaraia? I can't remember exactly but it was either SEA or Russia BDO got it month(s) before NA/EU.
    Manos? Took a year and a half to get after KR
    No PTW? They added in costume melting for crons and valks cry which they said would never be added, they explained it was to make all regions the same, yet after they were added over 2 years we were still months behind other regions for content.

I can go on but yeah.... PA doesn't have a very good track record of delivering on anything they say.

Side note, i remember when they announced character node empire where your characters would become like workers and you could send them to grind areas and grind for you. I have not heard anything about that since they announced it like 2 years ago.

O and the most recent screw up is how SEA BDO has Illya island storage and NA/EU doesn't, Hello? The amount of people willing to throw money at them for illya storage is crazy and yet we don't have it.

#16 LordCrusty, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    T800 likes this.
  17. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

Probably Russia because sea got it the same day or 1 week later than na/eu
    We are only behind kr now (1-2 months)

18. Noixi

I'll tell you what succession will NOT be allowed to do.

Under no circumstances will the blo (downgraded spelling) devs allow chain lightning, lightning explosion, lightning, residual lightning, fireball, fireball explosion EVER be able to down down any equally geared/leveled enemy that is not a wiz, without a minimum of 7 hits of those spells in any order.

Why 7?
    1) because those spells can be used on a ledge without "properly moving forward" on the wiz to make them fall off.
    2) awk spells would be worthless.

19. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 62 NA

Instant cast implies instant damage.... this whole sentence is a contradiction of itself.

You instantly start doing the skill because you pressed the button but the damage coming out is not instant nor is its cc.

They need casting similar to what is in BDO mobile imo.

20. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Thats what they seems like what theyve done with the other successions haha, but yeah I really wish and hope they actually try to make the successions unique and interesting rather than taking away peoples awakening and giving them 5x as much damage