1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if Witch/Wiz gets succession.

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Gojira, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

if they get succesion i hope Horse Witches are nice for pve. and the chain lightning will be nice for farming. Also Protected Area should increase AP too.

Or they make MMA spamm like on mobile, so it autoaims targets. would be dope. and super relax grinding. Just run arround and make MMA.

Or they make it like zerker, that Witch can transform into their pets or controll them.

2. Gojira

Well from what ive seen of sucession. looks like some classes get 2 cross over skills of thier awakening weapon. if thats case im hoping for voltic and Equilibrium. we will need something for when we are surrounded by mobs.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

for wiz id like to get cataclysm(adjusted for lack of flow) and hellfire(with added fg back + flow lack adjustment). they also have the add-ons i really wouldn like to lose. :D

4. fwufs

Buff the dagger stab \o/
    Buff the earthquake \o/

Make dagger stab cause earthquakes in their brain. \o/

5. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

The most important questions are, Are the devs lazy or not?

Will Witch and Wizzard getting 100% the same skills (since preawake is the same) or will Witch get Lightning+Earth and Wizard get Blizard + Meteor.

Also Does Witch getting a "defensiv" Protected area while Wizard getting an "offensiv" protected area, since witch is the reactiv class and wizzard the activ class. Like this:

Witch: Protected Area: +999 DP + complete cc immunity (grabs as well)

Wizard: Protected Area: +999 DP + 250 AP

6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

So in other words you want complete immunity to everything on witch? Why not make all skills lingering iframes if you are on it? And you also want wizard to buff everyone so people can not only onehit (as in 1 skill) each other but kill each other with a single tick of a single skill.

Kyraios likes this.
  7. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

Witch and Wizard needs a POWERFULL tool for preawakeing/succesion since 99% of skills are Super slow and unprotected they need tools so succesion will be usefull.
    The Main Reason they designed Succession is cause Awakening HEAVILY outperforms preawakeing, so they want that Succesion is Slightly Better then Awakening so people can chose between both...

So Witch and Wizard have to get good stuff in succession, else no one will care, specialy the koreans.

[​IMG]

Good ideas/options where:

• Give them a New System that allow skills to Ignore enemy Blocks, Super armors and Iframes -> If you dont move out of range or sidestep a 5 second animation, you should deserve to lose the fight. NO matter if gearcarried or not. If you dont sidestep/outrun a meteor you should be 100-0 instantly.
    • Make Protected Area stronger to give other tools for witch and wizard
    • Give them 100% accuracy and some kind of "Armor penetration"
    • Make Horse Combat great again, Meteor, Blizzard buff
    • Make Teleport Spammable using an stamina system
    The Witch/Wizard succesion-kit should be like Valk prewakening 100%. If you get hit, you should be dead, and you shouldnt be able to sit in block 24/7 while the witch channeling a full blizzard lol. They can stay with the "Slow" combat, but then the DMG should be oneshots, no matter if enemy block or not. Specialy the 200% , do people even remember those exist? No. If the Witch casting the 200% Meteor for example no matter if the Enemy is full pen caphras level 20 in blackstar armor, they should be killable cause its 200%, you cant even cast the 200% without help of others.

Similar to the current ranger succession, where people think its "OP" no its not op. if you get hit by the spell you deserve to loose. if the Ninja grap you, you lose too, so...

#47 Jannanomana, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  8. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

So you are making up even more ridiculous concepts. Can you even keep a straight face in front of you computer while making these hilarious suggestions?

9. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

do i look like i am jokeing to you? no. Did u saw the other Successions? Berzerker, Ranger? Everyone screamed "OP". and thats what we need. They have to be "OP", else no one swap from awakneing to succession, if they are "bad"...

10. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i mean i really hope they get a cool succession but everything u suggested is completly overpowered and not just "really really really strong" like ranger/warrior succ dmg

Muhaha and Fateneko like this.
  11. Rügenwalder Pommersche

well they shouldnt be bad but they dont need to literally be that broken
    give more protection to pre awa kit, more mobitiy (prime teleport - like shorter cd/range but 2 charges so they can move more fluidly)
    dmg we all know will be busted like on every succ so that wont be an issue (aswell as some 100% acc skills)

but there is no need to ignore sa or block XDDDD
    or get 250 ap OR immunity to cc from pa XDDDD

12. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I feel sorry for you that you are even serious about the suggestions you make. The game actually badly needs heavily reduced range damage or increased melee defenses. I do not know whats going on in your head, but if 4 ranger can hold back 50 melee classes to not even make a dent into a siege fence, something is completely off.
    There are a lot of possibilities to fix that, but all your suggestions makes it worse. You basically suggested witch to be able to tp in with PA(which is pretty much an iframe how you suggested it) and then just insta kill an insanely huge area with meteor(and sages buff).
    And your whole concept of 200% skills should kill anything, no matter what. Man do you even know what both 200% skills of valk look like? Since I do not. They are on ridiculously bad skills with no proper protection or range. Neither do you know most of the other classes 200% skills, but for soem reason meteor has to onehit people?
    Logic simply seems to bounce off of you.

13. Gojira

If we look at what other classes got its mainly damage skills. i dont think our utilities and buffs really need a succession version. some classes like i said before get a cross over awakening skills some 2 like ranger and some 1 like kuno from what i can tell maybe im wrong.

so format is 6 main damage skills 6 flow/preceding skills (some non awake that have to preced)

with us witches/wiz we loose alot of protection as mentioned before. so i can only guess they will tac on FG and super to our skills to compensate. will be interesting if witch some how keeps her block even though all classes can walk backwards now.

if you look at our skills we only really have 6 straight damage skills that are not a chain/flow to make up damage, which is :

Meteor shower, Blizzard, dagger stab, earth quake, Freeze, Frigid fog, earths response. these are only skills that are not a preceding skill trigger and are stand alone skills.

these preceding skills could be used as stand alone are:
    Magic Arrow,Fireball, Chain lightning, lightning

but they were ment as flow or chain because of lack of damage and to get best dps required them chained/flowed with the following skills

Concentrated magic arrow, Fireball explosion, Lightning storm, Residual lightning.

so i guess these are what they will work with the only 2 stand out skills from the flow are fireball to firebal explosion and lightning to residual. im unsure of they will keep those 2 combos they may as well as they were a pretty staple take in the early days. im guessing we might get 2 our awakening cross overs so leaves 4 flow slots left.

remember some classes have non awakes to preceed the succession skills so they could just have fireball explosion and residual in the succession tree.

all in all witch wiz would be a mess to figure out what to keep and its has too many preceeding skills to make up damage.

im pretty curious what they will do but im guessing the 6 main skills will just be damamge. the 6 other flow/awake cross overs. im unsure if they will have a succession version of buffs. i just they dont put freeze or frigid as they killed those skills with cc changes plus freezing pve mobs is useless.

#53 Gojira, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  14. fwufs

I'm going to actually assume we'll get the same "elements" as awakening.
    Wizard will get a super meteor and blizzard. Probably more damage and more range and some other weird twist added to it. Along with minor buffs to the other ice spells. Probably add the fireball explosion to be a bigger knockdown.
    Witch is going to get an extremely buffed up earthquake and response, and general buffs to the lightning skills. I'd imagine her big upgrade will be with lightning bolt becoming a multi strike hit, something like kuno/ninja's explosions where it starts small and extends out in a cone as it goes along. I'd hope chain lightning turns into a channeled spell that gives FG/SA with maybe a bigger bang at the end. Turn lightning storm into something like meteor with a longer CD but a large Knockdown or stun.

15. LRG

LRG

It is interesting they left out the comments made towards Witchzards, I think specifically Wizards, in the Calpheon banquet roundtable. All they did in our version was mention they'll be getting succession after Berserker in mid January.

https://www.kr.playblackdesert.com/News/Notice/Detail?boardNo=1000&countryType=ko-KR - I won't quote them because of unreliable google translate, but it was clearly a point to be made. Whether they meant Witch+Wizards or just Wizards is up for debate, and it's also impossible to gather any concrete information other than they're aware of the concerns. However, based on what we know about Korean players, who are choosing Witch over Wizard, I think it's safe to speculate they will be buffing Wizards.

Are we supposed to expect succession to be a cure all for Wizards? Considering the succession kits of Witch/Wizard will be very similar, does that mean the differences will simply be gender, aesthetics, and different forms of CC? Just exactly how do they plan to pull Wizards out of the hole of mediocrity and make them an attractive class again? IMO the solution can't be restrictive like "succession or gtfo" and if it is (my gut says it will be) it has to be better at everything.

16. pjchin

What are korean's concerns about wizards over witches? They are very similar, but afaik wizard is still bit better at 1v1 due to grab. So buffing wizard while leaving witch out seem unreasonable... Both classes need work bad

17. WhySoSeeryus

well, wizard is in a worse spot. witchez at least have this whole thing "ill delete the world" in volatic pulse :D

18. pjchin

worse spot how? care to be more specific? yes witches' voltaic pulse is nice, but overall with witches reactive playstyle design, i think wizards still pull ahead in 1v1 situations compare to witches.

would you really say that witches are now better at 1v1 than wizards due to voltaic pulse? i really don't think so...

Rena likes this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

why would you roll a staff class for 1v1 as they are now?

id prefer having extra resists and witch block at this moment, along that voltain damage/debuff.

20. fwufs

The issue is more that in the current game, the block is nice but its still very much about who makes the first move. And Wizard's grapple allows it to make the first move to bypass SA and blocks/FGs. The witch can't make the first move unless somebody ****s up, which always put a witch at the disadvantage.

Of course, who rolls witchards for 1v1? You can make it work, but I don't think PA has any desire to change their role in the game. Their purpose as stated from the devs was to be a support/backline class. Awakening just kinda made that wonky.