1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if Witch/Wiz gets succession.

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Gojira, Oct 2, 2019.

1. WhoFedSparta

Pretty sure that both witch and wizards succession will suck even more then awakening does. Sure, they might make the dmg good for pve. But the cast times and the spells were not made for hitting moving targets in pvp.. :(

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i dont mind anyone shining, but the mobility (and damage avoidance via iframes) on nearly everyone these days and damage that can destroy me mid cast of 1 SA skill or 2 if im lucky is beyond disgusting and makes my class legit unplayable (turret class?). i dont even see this being fixed by my class getting simple damage buffs.

Distaken and WhoFedSparta like this.
  3. WhoFedSparta

I agree with this.. They need to remake witch/wizard. Awakening and pre. Or else it will always be the same story.. Sitting duck midcast.

Rena likes this.
  4. Silsti

What they need to do is have selective autotarget toggles, that way it'll be all up to you aiming your aoes and knowing them well enough if you so feel like. That goes for any projectile in the game imo.

5. LordCrusty

I've always been an advocate with enough gear wizard and witch can hold its own but with the succession of other classes the damage is just to high for us to be stationary and PvP.

I'm not sure how much longer wiz/witch can be considered a relevant class in PvP/PvE or Large scale, other classes can do our job or do it better now days.

6. pjchin

Witch wiz succession on global lab now.

WhoFedSparta and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  7. Gojira

Yeah not what i expected.

somethings atm make no sense probally because i cant read tooltips, 2 options for bliz/meteor. absolute meteor is better..

skills chain into one another so your planted alot more. clear cut pvp and pve option on skills choices when have to choose.

i sucked at first try as could not clear miru tree mobs fast as awakening.

i dont know how i feel atm about it alot bigger skill tree than i thought. lol we get to borrow wiz awaken skill and vice versa.

let me know what you guys think who tried on global.

btw this was only a 10min test.

8. WhoFedSparta

English?

LordCrusty likes this.
  9. LordCrusty

Can't understand any of this lol, it's in English but it's incoherent.

I'll keep an eye on youtube and twitch for people testing it.

10. Cephey

You need about 2000 - 2200 SP
    Btw, wiz can learn voltaic pulse, same for witch, she can learn wizard awa skills

#130 Cephey, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  11. LordCrusty

Volcanic or voltaic? Not sure if that was a typo or a new skill lol.

From what i'm hearing it sounds like wiz and witch have the EXACT same tree, works great for me as i can keep my wizard in awakening for pvp and use my witch for PvE and just switch gear over.

12. Gojira

lol yeah kinda agree LordCrusty. i just spewed out initial thinking without explaining was more for ppl who seen it.

So you have skill trees and 2 options what skill you want to chain. for example fireball then the chain fireball explosion.
    you get to choose between 2 different version of explosion both have different stats. one version has KD less damage the other has more damage and SA.

the same goes for Lightning into a new type of residual lightning.
    you get to choose either higher damage unprotected or less damage with SA.

then there is freeze which is the same but frigid is given 2 option
    one with movement speed debuff or freeze a pack of mobs both has SA

there is meteor and blizzard. again you choose from 2 different versions.
    meteor less damage FG,SA or more damage with only FG
    blizzard less damage FG or more damage unprotected.

chain lightning and lightning storm merged into 1 skill with rmb to activate storm
    earthquake 2 different versions
    earths response 2 different versions
    mma has own skill same but with a rmb chain of concentrated mm

now here is the funny thing we get to choose 4 awake skills
    they have diff animation same icons diff stats
    voltaic pulse and equilibrium break
    and wait for it
    bolide of destruction or aqua jail explosion.

yes witch and wiz get to choose the others awake. now i dont know if it will be seperated once live but who knows

there is a arrow icon skill i cant read has the same animation of fireball to explosion chain unsure what its based off.

lol hope that helps a bit

13. Cephey

Yeh my bad, fixed, thank you.

I don't know what to think about witch/wiz succ, it looks like very strong, but I still thinking that witch awa is better for pvp. Will see..

14. WhySoSeeryus

looks like plenty choices for new old moon skill book usage.
    damage on trial gear seems lackluster to say the least.
    plenty of skill choices locking you out of alternatives.
    no s block. no allied e buff. no pets.
    high chance we r food for anything with mobility.
    again, damage on trial gear seems very undewhelming.

holding rmb after using elemental skills autocasts next skill of the same element.

you can opt to spec voltaic and aqua jail at the same time it seems, giving us 2x evasion debuff aoe blankets.

100% bsr is terribad.

#134 WhySoSeeryus, Jan 16, 2020
  15. LordCrusty

So succession PvE and awakening PvP?

From the few posts i looked at it looks like succession you get more damage but it's less protected, that is beyond dumb who the hell wants to be using unprotected skills while standing in place in pvp.......

16. WhySoSeeryus

pve should be better imho(jusdgin by numbers, depends if we can utilize it properly. no lava field to debuff mobs.

pvp could be good depending on how skills choices work together. we also seem to get some sort of effect on magical evasion thats either protection on 4 s cd or has cd that allows you to sidedash midcast and continue casting after landing? might be good.

we lost grab also, forgot to write. witch lost q block.

17. LordCrusty

Yeah losing wiz S block, grab and ritaranado is a deal breaker for me, I don't do NW's or sieges so i rely on wizards 1 vs 1 and small scale pvp advantages over witch.

I said it a few times but it looks like my witch will be the succession pve grinder unless i go Valk.

18. WhySoSeeryus

also, no hellfire. :D

19. Gojira

i got around 292ap on the global character. im struggling to adjust atm i cant tell if the damage is there compaired to awakened. idk if there is an issue because the number on the skills i should be slaughtering packs but atm looks like im doing more rotation of skills to get similar damage from awakening.

i cant figure what im doing wrong. maybe i need to hotbar more.

20. LordCrusty

Yeah, unless further testing proves otherwise going succession as a wizard is just pointless depending on your play style.

Edit- I don't know how witches are going to defend them self without Q block or their Paralytic debuff(same as our ritardando)

They may have killed wiz/witch officially, It seems like a double no win situation so far, If you go succession you lose what little ability you had to defend your grind spot so even if we do more damage we can't hold it.

And 2nd If we don't go succession our awakening can't keep up with the way other classes can farm PvE now so we just fall even further behind.

#140 LordCrusty, Jan 16, 2020
    VardaSkaya likes this.