1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could change 1 thing about the game, what would you change?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Tansie, Mar 31, 2018.

1. nefarie

Enhancement system.

I hate that it's based on luck and not hard work. Hard work should be rewarded, not random luck.

Pook600, HucKa, Stillwaters and 4 others like this.
  2. Columba

Lol. Karmabombing is a fictitious construct, fabricated by kids who can’t handle a little karma loss. Since no one can force anyone to flag, it is properly termed karmacide. Now...Learn To Share(TM)!

3. TGxRazzyman

TGxRazzyman DarkKnight 61 NA

People who play the game would be #1 for me. It is closely contested by the server providers though, I don't have problems on my end, but I know it's terrible for a lot of people.

I guess if I really got to choose for real, I would say get good servers, as I can just ignore the players. Where as some players can't play a lot of times.

4. Epitafios

I would add raids and dungeons
    Very easy gear progression
    PVE focused channels
    .....and then i would complain in the forums that the game is another wow rip-off

5. Nyhver

CC/pvp design small rework

Remove RNG on CC as far as resists and/or hidden stats go, the only RNG affecting CCs should be accuracy if that.

Add 1-2 CC breaks with small windows of immunity, anywhere from around 0.005-0.5 seconds, separate from 'v'

Normalize ap/dp a bit, a few points shouldn't be the difference between being able to one combo them and just doing some damage to them, or tickling them and melting them- (buff on AP revert is probably included here) full tri vs full tri should mirror full tet/pen but it doesn't in this game, there's probably a better way to equalize that without removing anyone's gear

Stabilize CC duration, maybe introduce diminishing returns on CC or make it more public. You can CC someone once and that stun can last a really long time (say 2 seconds, or 3... or more) all alone, and that same stun for the first CC can last half a second or half the duration or just one second. There is a crucial lack of consistency. That might be tied to just the servers but It also might not be.

Normalize FGs/hitboxes, FGs sometimes guard 180 degrees and sometimes they don't, but this might also have to do with abilities interacting strangely or having strange hitboxes

Add a shield break for non-grab classes that has some risk but reward of breaking shield if it lands

Rework counter system to be more skillful & rewarding, atm it just seems like a modifier on occasion that's there- anyone who has tested whether counter moves have a hidden iframe or two in them or something let me know

Reyer and Tansie like this.
  6. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

I totally agree with everything you just said. I'm not sure why there is RNG on CC -.- Fair enough if people build that way, but to just have 20% passive resistance is annoying as hell.

I wish AP/DP was more nomalized too with less of a gear gap between TRI - PEN. I know it's so hard to get, but it shouldn't give you a MASSIVE difference. Especially in a game where

I wish people had more HP and it actually took time to kill someone, with HP pots healing more but having a MUCH longer cooldown. You shouldn't be able to just 1 shot or 1 combo someone. Fights should take ~1 minute to kill someone the same gearscore as you and should be challenging, with you slowly chipping away at their HP.

7. ManlyBeard

Remove regression

Pook600, ODB3698 and Fearless V like this.
  8. nefarie

Karmabombers make the game interesting. Honestly, it's more fun to out-farm them and make it not worth their time to mess with you. My grinding partner is a very geared Musa. It's amusing to watch someone try to out-farm him. Sure, he'll occassionally flag for fun, but he has more fun darting ahead of them and clearing the mob in one sweep. Someone can't take mobs from you if you're there first.

The other day we had a berserker attempt to take our rotation. He flagged but my musa friend just dashed and kept clearing. Finally the berserker left after calling my friend a "f*ggot". We're still chuckling over that one.

I'd rather see the enhancement system fixed. It's almost a game-killer, and for some, it has been.

#48 nefarie, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Pook600, ODB3698 and Columba like this.
  9. Vamathi

Vamathi Macabre 61 EU

I would change the publishers. Although I dont really see any competent MMORPG publishers lately. Wonder why.
    [​IMG]

10. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

What is lately? If the past 4 or 5 years. 2 completely competent publishers released MMOs. Bethesda and Square Enix. Also going to throw in Frontier Developments. Those 3 pubs not only have pretty competent MMOs on the market. But they all took their train wrecks of launch MMOs and didn't give up and go completely P2W. Like every single Asian publisher have done and currently does.

They've invested in their products long term future and us gamers, and made a 180 degree turn around. From completely trash tier to top noch. Now they are sporting 10 plus year road maps because of the success.

ESO is slowly closing in on WoW for that top spot and FFXIV isn't too far behind. Please don't confuse Asian publishers with Western publishers. Completely different business models, mindsets, and levels of care for the gamer. Like night and day.

Brightcide likes this.
  11. Vamathi

Vamathi Macabre 61 EU

The difference is that the first two companies are publishing their own games. I wasnt aware of Frontier games being sucessfull (but ofc that doesnt make them imcompetent). I said its my view anyways. Serious question though, 3 companies cant be enough compared to amount of games that was published in last 5 years. Yes the trend is coming mostly from MMORPGs from east, but more recent western releases like Albion arent free of shitty attitude either...

Also I wasnt talking about a certain attitude either. I wouldnt give a crap if BDO went full P2W, I just want communication, honesty and good servers from my publisher. And thats hardly what we are getting.

#51 Vamathi, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

I'm completely with you on that. P2W done right isn't bad at all.

Vamathi likes this.
  13. Columba

Yeah. I never disrupt others' rotations and mind my own business. I never flag up on people who try to disrupt mine either - I simply expand my radius and/or outfarm them. However, I am called a karma bomber because I defend myself when attacked and because I keep fighting. It's a win for me because I get to practice pvp at no cost to myself. When I am there first, not bothering anyone, I see no reason why I should leave. 100 rezz pots in inventory usually do the trick :)

14. Leaf85

Leaf85 Leafsilver Maehwa 56 NA

I probably would have picked the enhancement system, but after getting D/C'd again and again and again these last couple of weeks I'd bump not cheaping out on sh*tty server providers to be my numba one priority for change. I don't PvP much being a PvXer, but I can sure understand why the PvP portion of the community is so salty over the crappy servers. C'mon Kakao, pull your collective finger out and get better servers.

15. Cold_Darkness

change the statgame per enchant level on items to introduce heavy diminishing returns to turn gear into an advantage and not a necessity.

16. woots

change the ""gamedesigner""

17. Tvvin

Since my main complaints were addressed in bulk. I myself would like to see ninjas given equipable access to horn bow. _ and kunoich
    That's already possible. Log off and never return to forums .

18. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

remove awakening and return to +15 max enchantment level

19. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 1 NA

No karma at all

20. Thanak

The old voices back

nefarie likes this.