1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could make a single suggestion to the developers...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ben Phoenix, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

The developers already gave you a response to this in the DQA although I realize that most everyone skimmed, so I'll break down what they said into Pepe lingo

- holding the castle is for the strongest of guilds. If you can't defend against the strongest of uprisings then you loose. (Tldr they said git gud)

2. Haellena

Haellena Valkyrie 62

Good to see they really care about the game Kappa

3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Actually I agree with their sentiments on that point. The castles are meant to be held by the strongest guilds, and thusly if you are the strongest then you shouldn't have an issue with defending against the populace "banding together against you"

Now, you could say, the rewards for owning the castle or even the content of the castle itself is not unique enough to incentivize owning and it to that level, and I would agree. Which is another topic we have planned.

4. Netreiam

Lol you can't complain about top tier content being unfair for those at the top of the mountain.

5. Haellena

Haellena Valkyrie 62

keyword there is "guilds", mass recruiting random mercs loses any identity of a guild and that's where my issue is. would you really call a guild of 5 people that managed to snipe a node then higher 70 mercs and win a castle, the strongest guild?

and why is that? just because people have worked hard for 2+ years to get into a competitive level of this game means they can't complain about issues they face after putting in so much time into the game? or whats your logic here?

6. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Well....yes and no.....complain is not a term I prefer to embrace...but rather opportunity.

See what a lot of people fail to realize is the silver lining in the responses that we obtained from our QA and other feedback communications, and that is by receiving a insightful response of information in why and how they choose to do things, we can more accurately craft suggestions that fall in line with those plans and goals.

Using the commentary I made about castles a moment ago is a good example of this, whereby if they want the strongest to hold the castle, then the strongest need incentives to do so, and additionally from other commentaries made in the past regarding that "silver should not be the only or top incentive", we can look at other avenues of suggestions for incentivizing castle ownership.
    They also addressed this too in the QA, in two forms. (1) they acknowledged that guild identity was important and it would be something they will reflect on going forward, and (2) that it was purely a political matter that the players created for themselves regarding guild politics which is a natural part of the gameplay.

So essentially they said "we see your point, but it is what it is, however well keep thinking on it"

They actually spelled it out quite clearly, and so I don't like "rewording" it to make it "sound" more....but,.... *Shrugs* when people skim.....

7. Netreiam

Just because some "worked hard" for their gear (with many getting boosted by friends, being lucky, buying accounts ect.) Doesn't change the fact that the gear disparity itself makes pvp unfair already. Gear in this game can give someone the ability to slaughter 10 people in seconds, so hearing them complain about getting targeted and overwhelmed by a group of 20 when they constantly curb stomp smaller groups is laughable.

Fearless V likes this.
  8. Haellena

Haellena Valkyrie 62

There's one issue I have with that though, the "reflect on going forward" part. like so we need to wait for another 6-12months before they even do anything? Siege scene in EU is being ruined by mercs every single week nearly. just this week we saw a guild take 70-80 mercs to serendia. them waiting and seeing what to do isn't enough imo. it's just not. And you might call it politics, I call it abusing stupid game mechanics that need fixing. :^)

Yes, gear imbalance is a huge issue in the game, but that doesn't mean people that siege can't complain about the issues they face, gear disparity is one of those issues. RN I'm at about 560-570gs, is that what you would consider one of the disgusting gear carried players? is my opinion invalid? at what gs does ur opinion not matter?

9. Netreiam

As things stand gear can and usually does heavily outweigh numbers. Your perspective is just as valid as anyone else's, it's just that many more people are concerned with the gear aspect.

Also, can't you just ally with other guilds to outnumber the mercs? Last time I played the NA siege scene was dead because top guilds would constantly ally so that nothing was ever really contested.

10. ghoulz666

Why can you drop meteors and missiles on humming birds, but you can't kill or hunt rabbits..? Do Koreans shoot micro birds with rifles or some @#$% over there?

11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Meh... has nothing to do with strongest, just get 24162542154 guilds that ally and take you out.
    Besides that the issue with mercs is that you literally have no reason to join a siege guild. It's even worse, you lock yourself from node wars being in a siege guild (assuming you own a castle).
    So, why would I decline myself pvp content if I can have it all as merc with no mandatory stuff? Castle payout unstacked is way too low to be even remotely somewhat of an argument. At the same time (geared, ex siege guild) mercs decline new/growing pvp guilds proper siege experience.

If we cut it down it's all clear, mercs are bad for every pvp active guild, new guilds and veterans.

12. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

You can't think or suggest content for castle owners that would negate the issue you describe ?
    I mean I can and have several things planned, but it kinda takes the fun out of this if others don't :/

I want to hear some creativeness

13. Netreiam

Also, can they listen to the people that tell them to fix preawakening and just do THAT instead of adding new systems, increasing damage %s, or both? Succession isn't bad, absolutes helped, and rabams added variance; but for the love of god can we update the base skill tree of classes to be modern in regards to animations, range, utility, etc?

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Removing mercs is step 1. Who do you think goes merc? Life skillers and PvE who want to try the siege scene? Yes, they do it once and never again because either they don't want to join themselves anymore or the siege guild is not going to take them anyway since they are waste of slots. And of course veterans who left their siege guilds because there is no incentive in being there. So who benefits from it? I didn't figure out the devs plan on merc system release and still can't, maybe you can help me out and explain. As long as the plan was not to ruin the siege scene and make siege guilds disband, I have honestely no idea why mercs should be a thing in sieges.

Even tho merc system was not the only issue why veterans quit siege, it's still a reason. Idk where you are playing and if you are playing the game at all but on EU we had at least 10 big, decent, competitive siege guilds. Now we have more regions than the mentioned siege guilds.

Incentive for sieging when? The money is nowhere enough and couldn't care less about the castle buff. On top people lose content for being in a siege guild.

Check the leaderboard of the competitive siege guilds last year, the year before and you will see they did not really change. Some maybe merged, some new came. Then check this year. So how many more guilds have to die before devs start to pay attention to that?

15. Ben Phoenix

I know the RNG subject isn't an easy one but many people aren't happy with that either (some posts about it here). I don't think people want to achieve their goals too easily, it's more about being rewarded for what they do and the effort they put instead of being too much in the hands of probabilities.

Anyway thx for reading this thread and taking care of the suggestions that have been made here.

#155 Ben Phoenix, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  16. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

My suggestion would be to select "ambassadors" that are objective from the player-base, not ones that seemingly only represent one side.

This in itself is the problem with communicating with PA. You alone get to decide which questions get asked, and we get to vote on your questions. It needs to be more open, as in, you make a thread asking for questions, questions get submitted via replies to thread, then the community votes on said questions.

ODB3698, Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  17. DafuqYouLookinAt

I just want to push this Colosseum info again because it's something that could truly open a new experience for Black Desert players.
    The features not limited to the following mentioned.

Giving players the options to customize their battles is a very common feature in many MMOs pvp arenas.
    It's actually such an incredibly refreshing system to have in a game.

Take Dragon Nest Online's Colosseum arena for instance as an example to these types of options. It's a freaking shame that many OG players lost their accounts due to the re-transition of companies taking ownership. It hurt their player base and their numbers, still a fun game. I main Machina.

https://dnsea.fandom.com/wiki/Colosseum

Seriously, how awesome would it be to have toggled ranking icons next to our family names, customizable battling with a variety of engaging game modes to choose from, and even better rewards!

---
    Edit: Additional social actions/emotes/content would be really nice too.
    I'd love a new sit-down emote so I can sit anywhere (ground) if chillin or afk.
    The player floating bug still exists btw. Our characters don't float but other player's characters do and it ruins ss.

#157 DafuqYouLookinAt, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Solitaire and Ben Phoenix like this.
  18. Flex556

I'd like lower gs friendly pvp instances.
    I'd love more group pve content.
    I wouldn't mind seeing individual items for sale on pearl shop, like sick axes, swords, maces etc. Not costume only skins. Make thematic costumes.

19. nolasigns

The Colosseum deal would be gold. Be platinum if they expanded on it, like a feature I was just talking about in another thread. Neverwinter's "Foundry system". Where a player(s) could create content, and even earn their in-game money from it by player donations. If voted on enough, it would get reviewed by the team and become an official part of the game and the player get real money items. The RPers would eat it up as a place for an open private canvas to be creative. Content creators and just general creativity would have a blast.

DafuqYouLookinAt and Ben Phoenix like this.
  20. Kelt Rand

More dating NPC content! In what other game can you grab a movie & dinner with a smelly dwarven blacksmith!