1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you render Archers range redundant, then rework Archers DP/Defence

Discussion in 'Archer' started by CompZilla, Aug 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CompZilla

You introduce a glass cannon class that utilises range to make PvP more dynamic THEN start PICKING apart all his RANGED abilities? despicable!

You and all the crying close quarter combatants cant have your cake and eat it too.

Didn't you test all this before releasing or are you listening to the masses who either can't play or go all AP and no DP?

1v1 is already almost impossible depending on terrain.

Archers niche is node/siege/open spaces, (which grind spots dont have unless you want all Archers at 'Feather Wolves').

Smite is Archers ONLY real ranged nuke your plans totally mess up the mechanic.

If I were you I'd release a new Archer outfit before NERF or sales will drop. At least then I can get something out of this.

While your at it add a Burn DoT to the Full Bloom you BROKE at least it will have some entertainment value.

Spent a lot of money rerolling. Dismantling the core mechanics is ethically breaking a contract.

NERF RANGE = BUFF DP

Basic likes this.
  2. Hekki

Another one. Do you want buff DP for archer while DP does not work even for tank classes like Valk, Warrior, Mystic and Berserker?
    Also there are more melee classes that have 0 DP like Maehwa and you want it for archer?
    For class with ability to kill from second half of map?

No! This class deserve just more nerfs!

3. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

Just like you stated, archer is for mass pvp not for 1v1 anyway. It was op for way too long with this crap 1shot skill

4. BDOHASPVPOHNOES

No range should be a nuke in this game. If a range can nuke any melee classes before they can close the gap, how are they expected to damage them in return? Or do you just expect any melee to just turn tail and run when they see an Archer...but then again if you see an Archer it's already too late.

5. CompZilla

Smite: 20 second CD only does dmg at rectical lock on range(not second half of map) plenty time to see Archer (Luthraghons Call is on edge of render range and doesn't do a lot at dmg at that range unless downed/ high accuracy/high AP - target low DP. THOSE ARE THE ONLY 2 RANGE DMG DEALERS the rest scratch n tickle

Smite is extremely slow and only a nuke to a downed target with low DP with this change the target will move way before it gets close

Every class has there advantages and disadvantages what your saying is melee should have the advantage of nuking at close range without any disadvantage at distance. What you want is a meat grind

And Archer should be rubbish up close and impotent at a distance, not really fair is it?

It's like saying Ninja shouldn't cloak, witch teleport or warrior block and grab etc

Archer DP is less than any other class which is a trade for range.

A good player will have DP, movement, use terrain against Archer get in close and delete them easy.

Thank you for agreeing Archer 1v1 is useless( try Aakman on Arsha with that terrain, 2 words: IM-POSSIBLE, financially we're already at a 50% disadvantage.

I think the 1v1 tells you state of the Archer, only good in group engagement. Heres a novel idea use Archer against Archer, I put them under pressure when I see them

Yes there are some pen Archers, any class will delete you with that gear.

In the mass of the battle everyone's getting chopped, downed and damaged, Archer has the ability to finish off from range... SO I CALL:

WITCH HUNT!!!!

Basic and Ama83 like this.
  6. Meowingtons

Well not every class needs to perform good in every aspect of the game. Archer is a top Tier grinder and very good in large scale. I'd take that.
    I play wiz and i suck in every aspect of the game beside NWs and im satisfied. Nobody forces you to play a class. I wouldn't say Archer sucks in 1vs1s. I've seen a lot of Archer doing great in These Scenarios. Maybe i you just need more practise

7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

See that's something I'd say about wiz as well meanwhile you say:
    But that's actually wrong :^)

CompZilla and TinaCipollari like this.
  8. Xedoc

Love me archer. I honestly love it being a "glass cannon" as no other class is like it. It sucks to get rekt hard in 1v1 pvp, but BDO is not a 1v1 PVP. It's for mass/large scale PVP/NW. So I don't care much for this DP issue we have. Of course me being an archer, I don't want any nerfs, but maybe they will make

9. Meowingtons

True we are also good in Group fights like GvGs. Im ok with not being op in every aspect. that's why i wrote it ;)

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Ye I thought so. I just meant that wiz is good in every aspect. Grinding... we could maybe argue here on some brackets.
    A lot of people think wiz would be bad in 1vs1, which is not true, it's just more effort than with some other classes.

Good thing with wiz is that you can make up for bad gameplay with gear. For archer that does not really work like that :-P

11. Meowingtons

Well if you say so no class is bad 1vs1, grinding etc if it's all a matter of effort. But I can tell you, my 605 GS don't help me if I make even one mistake

12. stalas

Yess archer should be an EZ kill but at some point ...
    archer 63 360 dp 4500 hp and i get os by some trial warrior o0?
    I cant grind in sycria without dying some time to time because feel like 250 dp class...
    At least buff dp in PVE ......

+ we are not that fast or that protected i mean yea SA with 1HP and yea we move but not that much compare to ninja kuno musa maehwa lahn ...
    and some class do more or same dmg like witch wiz so...? witch wiz should lose PA and all DP becasue they can teleport and range nuke ?...??

Archer nuke dmg is not that big with 281 ap even 303 ap nuke dont 1shot anything with more than 3k hp its like 303 ap vs 300 dp 3500 hp around 40% max on the hp bar ... vs archer and sorc its 1shot or close but sorc have alot iframe we have 1 iframe 9 sec cd and its not fully protected...
    We should get pve dp buff and iframe on glide(2sec dash)

Basic and Grehm like this.
  13. Kripion

Well if it was up to me about Archer changes i would:
    - make rage version of zephyr as a basic one BUT with CC part (the one after appearing) of the skills along with its animation removed
    - lower luthragons call CD down to 5 sec
    - speed up radiant explosion animation makeing it twice faster
    - move CC part to 1st hit, remove 2nd and 3dr hit and their animation from glissade
    - rework lights mark totally remakeing it into as/CS/movement speed debuff (50% one) with a mechanik where Archer places some kind od mark on a ground creating area that applies debuff while mob/ playera stay within
    - allow player to choose the direction of meteor dive by pressing directional buttons along with space

Its only my opinion.

#13 Kripion, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Hmmm... idk... I am fine with archer as it is even tho I'd like to see the gaps in protection skills closed equally to other skills with same design.
    The removal from light's trail KD is something that I barely understand... nobody can tell me that the skill was in any case broken or even annoying... I do accept the change tho, it's "fine"...
    I'd like to see a 1 sec less cd on the skill tho and animation change on "Radiant Storm", give it more range and change the animation equal to "Arrow Explosion" or bolt.

I'd also like a comment on the devs comment tho...

[Developer’s Comment]
    We have been reviewing and testing Archer to make improvements to the class, while keeping Archer's unique characteristic as the longest ranged class. Many of Archer's ranged skills cause CC status effects, and we have concluded that this gives Archer too big of an advantage in PvP. Therefore, we have adjusted the CC status effect skills Archer have, with more of the changes to the effects in PvP and less to the effects in PvE. We will keep on working on Archer. We not only want to keep what is unique to Archer, but have the class fit harmoniously with the other classes of BDO.
    ___

Idk what kind of drugs they been taking to come to a conclusion and make the changes they did....

15. TinaCipollari

TinaCipollari AmiciDiMaria Archer 62

Maybe those KR feedback guys really enjoyed rabams, who are we to judge

16. CompZilla

This is true.

My old guild master of the Junkies was a wiz, had 400dp - with shields etc and whatever else they use, was pretty much impregnable and usually the last man standing, got decent kills too of about 15 per nw.(couldn't get over purple n pink costume though wtf yuck)

17. Meowingtons

Yeah, like what does it have to do with the Quote? We were Talking About 1vs1 and pve not NWs. And kills dont mean anything. you only Need to get last hit. i can do it with 1 ap

18. CompZilla

That gear on wiz can make a big difference and turned what could be described as a squishy class into a tank that was still viable.

Put 400 DP on Archer with no shield, no teleport, no real heal, no other manner of tricks and it's still dead in seconds.

It's bizarre you don't see that as part of the debate

Are you sure you don't need 2 ap?

19. Artorias_Dusk

We warriors also lost our Core mechanic long ago(LSA). The only thing that you can do about is, adapt to it. Enjoy the part of BDO where you are good at. Look, we are good in 1vs1 but we are (more or less) cannonfodder in NWs. Just try to stay positive, focus the positive things that you have. Games are for having fun, I also have to remind me this every now and then. Maybe one day, we will have a balanced game. Peace

Lorienil likes this.
  20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well to be fair you can not compare lsa to unprotected cc skills. Lsa made you cc immune to every cc in the game besides grabs. Unprotected cc on the other hand is high risk high reward.

Usually communities understand before devs that things need to be reworked and not simply removed. In this case we have a dumb community and dumb devs.