1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Excited for Manos, But I Can't Understand How the Market Will Not Be Screwed.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Jul 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Prochilles

Yea, so 4x gathering and able to process 250 mats at once, I see this drastically changing the market and since every item in the market has capped min/max prices, AND since cooking/alchemy will become more of a bottleneck... it just seems like we are getting ready to play an entirely different game.

Obviously, it's not going to be an instant thing to occur, but I still imagine the change will be rather swift. The real issue for me is the cap on prices. People are going to be able to increase there income by quite a bit, some markets that were really profitable are just going to crash, but after things settle the majority of people should be way better off. A lot of mats/items stay bought out and this is going to increase that while also require players to really rely on max pre-orders, which is somewhat normal, but this increase the amount of silver that just disappears. Idk, I can't really grasp the idea of it all.

Pkmdz likes this.
  2. Claydough

Yep i also dont know how this will work

Some time ago i single handedly destroyed the jungle hamburger market but producing and selling about 10k meals every single day

With these new clothes, my output could triple and could actually support the entire server, and im just 1 player

There is just not enough market to supply this amount of mass production, and when you add mechanics like cron meals, it hurts these markets even further

Imo, we need to buff imperial by a huge amount, increase the amount of daily sales, and add more viable things to cook

3. RengerEl

Or we may never get it ...

Megabiv and Blackhearted like this.
  4. 2monthslatenonamesleft

Well for starters it's going to be exceedingly expensive an hard to actually get those kind of rates. The average person is not going to have any where near those numbers. Even if they did its not like people will have setups to actually put that to use. To be sure, it is a buff to convenience and you do get to make a little extra with the time freed up by doing other things, but it is not as huge as most people make it out to be.

So you spent billions in time/money so you can chop 25x faster? Grats! To bad they haven't changed anything about workers and you still have 1x the amount of materials coming in. Its not going to be "5 hours of processing at night" its going to be "Give up an hour of high yeild grinding to process 10-15m of stuff, then fish tonight." You'd probably spend the next 4 months using the extra time you saved just to pay off what it cost. Meanwhile the market doesn't care how long it took you to chop, only how much you did.

Gathering on the other hand will effect prices of consumables and such. They'll go down. So you spent billions so you can gather 4x as much meat? Grats! Assuming you can actually use 4x as much (you aren't going to be able to cook that meat 4x as fast) you only make money off selling things WHEN OTHER PEOPLE BUY IT. Even IF you could suddenly make 4x as many meals or what not, its not like people are going to suddenly need to buy 4x as many to use. There will be too much sitting there and unless you min price everything you won't be selling it at all.

#4 2monthslatenonamesleft, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Blackhearted, Graviera and wuhao_nemo like this.
  5. Ioci

I predict it will get to where you can create a thousand metric tons of items and faucet in silver through vendor trash. When you and everyone around can create a million Iron ingots as an example, they no longer serve as a market board item but at 2200 each, vendor trash they are 2.2 billion silver with no bid wars or taxes. It's a regression and it is that way now, by design though a slower version. I could make grilled chicken and beer in the tens of millions to get to Guru cook. This might allow me to make it in the billions.

Of course these are accessories and they are Manos on top of that so you will be dumping billions, tens of billions of silver in to NPC manos so its all going to come out in the wash. Assuming anyone even takes it serious and it doesn't end up being DOA like a lot of other additions.

6. Prochilles

Billions are only if you buy it from NPC vendor. You can make 1 item for ~200mil. People aren't going to be making all sets just yet, they will specialize in certain areas. The majority is obviously going to be crates.

7. AlwaysSaltyAF

I got enough for all the clothings already. Not sure how long it'll take to get maxed out, but ya, doesn't take long to prep enough mats for the clothings.

Prochilles likes this.
  8. ghoulz666

I think it's a bad @#$%ing idea for the economy as a whole. People will make silver way too fast.

9. Prochilles

People are already making silver way to fast. Some people are making >500mil per day Sea monsters. Game is already screwed to hell.

C6H5CH3 likes this.
  10. ambyentlight

this games market is a joke and unless theres a event for items then they rarly appear on market and the hackers/botters and exsploiters buy them all up.

Blackhearted likes this.
  11. Solsi

Consumables that only require normal materials like blood, meat or mats gatherer from nodes etc will become impossible to sell.

Stuff that needs milk for example or rarer mats like trace&oils(alchemy) will still sell though.

It's already a problem today if you mass-craft to much of the same consumable. You'll have to list it at min price and wait almost a week and pray the timer wont run out. But once people get x4 from gathering the market will crash completely, because insane over supply.

Only band-aid for this is would be increasing imperial crafting NPC's capacity. Otherwise cooks will be out of business and all those extra mats you're getting wont be worth crap.

It's a big buff for crates though.

12. Srich

4x gathering... 250 mass produce processing... i guess u are just ignoring the fact that in order to hit these numbers you should have full pen set accessory pen cloth and guru 20 in that life skill and even with all this **** im not even sure u would hit this 4x or 250 mass produce. Most ppl will never go behind the 1.5x mat in gathering and 35 mass produce processing so you are just over reaction to something you have no clue about.
    What is most prob to happen is that they will introduce some costumes p2w that will boost the mastery points alot... like 500 points and **** like that.. i wouldnt expect less from them

Blackhearted and Ioci like this.
  13. Graviera

I agree.

Processing will be boosting crates some but primarily it will give the option to shift from afk to semi-afk and free up afk time for something else like fishing/training/classic processing (the expression "free up afk time" is pretty funny btw - BDO exclusive). I am fine with the processing mastery. At the very least it is a convenience yet pricey option.

Gathering though seems like too much of an investment/fuss for not so much gain. The market is no way big enough to handle x4 production imo. Prices should plummet.
    Also, too many items to enhance, and also special materials to do so.
    Gathering tool will remain 250 dura so me for example would need to repair 4 times per session.
    Perhaps specific situation may render it worthwhile, like underwater gathering perhaps.
    I don't know, I guess Gathering mastery seems a lot less meaningful than the processing counterpart.

14. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

The processing manos stuff is a trap. Like some others here said, you will still be limited by what your workers put out. Every t1 mat will be perma sold out on the MP once this hits so that's no option either. I might make the stone and outfits but doubt I will enhance them very high. It comes down to how much you value having time to actively play the game because that's the only benefit you get w.r.t processing manos gear.

I'm more interested in the manos stuff with regards to active lifeskills such as gathering/trading/etc. But it needs a lot of work. Its current cost is just ridiculous and not justifiable in any way. The least they can do is make the enhance mats less expensive and easier to get.

#14 Eppo, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  15. NESTINAR

The players that are behind will make some progress so yeah it's cool :)

16. Hemuk

The market will be screwed for sure, people will try to take advantage of the tools at the begining and dominate a kind of market, Feed for example, which is exactly what Koreans did, they went for Butchering knives thinking they were being smart when it was the absolute opposite, like people here have said; half a dozen people can supply the entire server with Pet Feed, pretty much forever.

I've given it alot of thought and I think the only tools worth getting/enhancing will be the ones that dont depend on the MP, which happen to be the ones that will take the most effort/active gamplay. I think Fluid Collector, Pickaxe and MAYBE Lumbering axe will be the best choices, simply because you dont depend on anyone but yourself when it comes to crates/imperial; Fluid Collector involves both Saps and Blood which means you'd be able to do Imperial very easely, even with subpar Mastery you could easely get 5k saps/blood per hour, and with crates like Seal/Wings that only take 10 Elixirs per crate and Mentality/Energy that dont requiere processed bloods you would have a good variety of crates to deliver daily, you could even add Demihuman/Reagents to the mix, just so you can deliver your crates in 1 go, without mentioning popular elixirs like EXP, Shock, Time and any other that doesnt requiere traces/oils, yes, that market will be filled aswell, but it's a nice bonus to add on top of imperial.

And pick/axe are self explanatory, since crates depend on you and you alone, no MP, tax or dependance on anything other than the time you spend gathering, which will ofc benefit the no lifers a great deal, but then again; what doesnt.

I think the best way to approach these tools is to find a balance acording to your gametime, dont rush into TET processing stones just to realize that a month later you're out of mats and will never have enough to feed that thing, level both your tools and proc stones on par and see what suits you best, chose your tool (yes, singular) wisely cause if you think you'll have enough enhancing mats to level them all up; you got another thing coming.

17. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

the market will be nice.

-more people who gather more stuff
    -more people who progressing more stuff
    -more materials in market
    -no bottlenecks for imperial tradeings/crates anymore
    ---> You just buy stuff and use alchemy/cooking and sell the stuff to NPCs
    -----> Free Silver for everyone
    ----------> Higher Catchup rate for everyone

18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

free silver for everyone means higher preorders for stuff that matters.

19. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

you cant preorder stuff if the stuff is listed... u only can preorder items, that are sold out. but nothing wil be sold out cause everyone can process like on extasy

20. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Those ****ers nerfed drop rate so x4 is real x2.

iller likes this.