1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick of this EMPTY market

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 20, 2018.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

you can get muddy water from workers.

2. Life Aries

Didn't know that, but I doubt it's enough to sustain purified water AND alchemy needs (as noted previously, assuming you do alchemy)

3. Atron

Why not tho?

RageAgainst, DocPepper and Blitzball like this.
  4. Life Aries

I agree. While I disagree with OPs complaint that he is unable to collect them himself, it is also true that if someone wants to focus purely on gathering, they should be able to make a full-time profession out of it. This is not the case since the value of the time and energy spent doing it, even with Master+ gathering and a hedgehog, is no where near the silver value of those materials especially when factoring the cost of tools even without factoring the opportunity cost of doing something else instead (fishing, grinding, etc.).

In essence, the system is heavily tilted towards being a jack of all trades as opposed to a master of one. For people like me who don't use the MP for anything except selling, this is fine, but I recognize it would be incredibly problematic for anyone who doesn't want to do multiple lifeskills or doesn't want to spend hours every day parked in front of MP.

5. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

All other servers have plenty of ogre rings and boss gear, this is exclusively in na/eu servers. Because we have low population and a super greedy player base

6. ambyentlight

Everyones too busy seamonster hunting for the billions before it gets nerfed, the idea is anyone whos got hundreds of billiions after the nerf has the market monopolly.

7. ambyentlight

We will see rmt with that.

8. Cause they can sell it and earn money? Cause the marketplace is there for a reason?

9. ghoulz666

Market was void of logs and rough stone when I started a year ago....

Who complains about logs and rough stone anyway. If you can't even get those yourself, you may as well find another game. That's a step, other things are climbing a mountain in comparison.

Crimson_Scarlet and Draconnix like this.
  10. Lefteye

If it made a reasonable amount of money, people would sell. But it doesn’t.

11. Or maybe not enough people are actually gathering and selling stuff cause many people aren't playing actively atm.

12. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Other servers have higher drop rate. It's not really fair to compare us with them. Only expectations is korea where you need value pack.

13. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

So you played since release? And you have how much energy?

Dunno i play since 1 month after release and i have 482 energy, a ton of workers and gather pretty much every stuff myself or let my workers do it. I don't see any problems there other than that you are a fking lazy person. And no Hedgehog is not mandatory. You can still gather a ton of mats, like rough stones etc.

Smileybones and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  14. Blitzball

I have 200 energy. I can't progress anymore cuz i need to spend thousand energy points ( which i don't have ) to complete all sub-categories.

15. Blackstout

I have 160 max energy and I'm doing fine.
    I built the Epheria sailboat and have a nice fishing boat building/selling business.
    My workers gather most of what I need while I'm off exploring and questing.

16. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

You guys should go farm mobs knowledge for that sweet additional drop chance ;)
    8000 knowledge points give perma +20%.
    Also to guy above, higher energy point limit does not increase energy recovery rate, only way to increase it is sleeping in p2w bed :D

17. Grizabella

Here's the thing. You say you won't sell because of price limits. Fine. But you are now effectively making your items worthless. For crafted materials that clearly "cost" more in mats than the final price of the item- makes sense. But for the items the OP mentioned, you sell or your hoard and make nothing.

RageAgainst likes this.
  18. Factorial

we understand that you can farm for yourself if you need something. That's a given but does that mean the market should be super dried up as it is right now?

This is something that's a cause for concern. There is barely anything on the market now and you can only hope to get something through massive pre orders that are 4-5 times the base max price.

It should not be this way

eitheldin likes this.
  19. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Do you expect other players do dirty work for you? Why don't you pre-order it for 10x the price, because that how much for people will maybe go and gather it for you... otherwise go do it yourself.

20. @Rizzly buying stuff at MP is a choice just like earning something by yourself. BDO MP has issues, objectively, I have never seen anything like this in any of the MMOs I played before.

Sorry @Factorial, I mentioned you by mistake

Fearless V likes this.