1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick of this EMPTY market

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch 61 NA

At the moment the marketplace only make you lose and the buyer win. What I'm talking about? Lets take sharps for instance. It's super hard to come by. But is worthless on the marketplace. You sell to lose progress and feed others more progress.

At this point in time. The marketplace force items to go too cheap. So I too rather hoard my items for myself. Then to feed someone else who don't appreciate my charity. In my PoV the marketplace is worthless. Can't make decent silvers off of it.

2. SunHoYee

Actually, in part he is totally right, shards aren't worth 3m, that's why people pre-order them for 10m now days, economy is ruined and there is no point to grind/gather to earn a shitty amount of the money compared to what sea-hunters do. It would be like working for them, farm the items that they need to earn a **** of money while they are doing tons of money in the sea hunting to buy your trash for a very small amount of that money. He has a huge point there.

It is the same with boss gear, if you tell me that a Dandelion is really worth 90m... you are wrong, I would not sell a kzarka or a Dandelion for that price in my life, I rather use it with an alter. 90m is what a normal geared person can make in 3 hour grinding, and let's better not talk about sea hunting. Not worth to sell almost anything at this point until they really change the economy, which I'm pretty sure that is never going to happen.

Even tho, I don't agree that deleting the max price cap would be a solution, that doesn't make any sense there.

#122 SunHoYee, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  3. MGTOWinBDO

"This game handed me a billion silver ... what is this venezeula?"

4. Solsi

Selling stuff on mp is almost like giving stuff away though. I'm basically helping other players progress faster and get very little back. Why should I do that? They might be total d-bags lol. I refuse to sell anything of value and especially not enhancement materials.

I think everyone can agree there's something wrong with the system or supply&demand when no one wants to sell and most under-categories are 80% empty or sold out.

While I can agree it's crucial to learn to get your own stuff in BDO(that's what I do), it still raised the question of the actual purpose of a marketplace, when you can't buy any of the stuff you need.

5. MMoNoob

they should have combined xbox players with pc players so game has more people

6. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Marketplace and storage density of players is massively down compared to how it usually is.

eitheldin likes this.
  7. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

To everyone saying "lol go get mats yourself".... Whats the point in an MMO Auction House if you're supposed to do everything yourself?

Life2v and eitheldin like this.
  8. Codyislucky

They are worth 10-20mil each because that's what people are putting the pre-orders for and are willing to pay. They aren't worth 1.6-3m and no one thinks they should be worth that little. The only reason the market price caps are in place is to try and prevent people from buying up all low price shards that pop up for 3 mil, hoarding all the shard, and then selling all the shards for 30m each and turning a profit by monopolizing and flipping certain high demand materials.

Life2v and AZzalor like this.
  9. Olympia

All the cry babies here should go play BLESS instead.

10. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

I can't even wrap my head around the stupidity of saying "THAT'S HOW IT IS, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE LUL" in an ever-changing MMO

Life2v and eitheldin like this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. Tacarmato

Wtf are you talking about.. grab the axe and go chopping no excuses

13. Spartakatz

sure "manadatory" hedgehog, tell that the hundreds of thousands of players who gathered over years before hedgehog was even in the game.

14. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

The "excuse" is obvious, simple, and right in the description of the game: This is a Sandbox MMO. The entire POINT is that no one person should have to participate in every activity. The idea is to be able to choose the activity you LIKE, do it, and trade the resulting resources (be it silver or materials) with other players who LIKE doing other activities instead.

Pretzels1078, Life2v and eitheldin like this.
  15. [​IMG]

Tacarmato likes this.
  16. Tacarmato

lmao

eitheldin likes this.
  17. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

They are not worth 10-20m, people pay that much because we have an excess of money and they don't want to go gather themselves. They are worth exactly what they say they are worth because it's a closed market, we do not decide the value. Nearly no one sells them for less than maximum price since they are almost always sold out, so your suggestion that someone is buying and hoarding in order to sell for a profit doesn't happen. Their profit would be next to nothing if not exactly nothing.

18. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Dandelion is worth 90m. If you have them, don't need them, and if you don't sell them they are worthless. If you don't want the extra silver it's your choice. I always sell the ones I don't need and end up that much richer because I do. It's how the market is meant to work, sell what you don't need.

19. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I think the biggest problem people have with the game's economy is they keep trying to apply the rules of our real-life economy to it when it's not intended to work that way.

20. Talvin

Yeah, i dont do Offin, Nouver, Kutum and others coz i cant sell weapons more then 90m. Hope you guys are fine with amount of ppl at those bosses.

AZzalor and Kynreaa like this.