1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imagine this...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Steelpebble, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Steelpebble

Imagine this,...
    You are sick, you go to the doctor because you need help and medicine.
    P2W !

Hi all,

I'm so tired of seeing these forums flooded with P2W threads.
    Black Desert Online is a great game, you all want to enjoy a good game, yet none of you want to pay for it, you all want more and better yet: FREE.

I remember back in the days with WoW where I would ask friends to play but they all had the same reasoning "but,.. it's a game and,.. you have to pay for it?".

I really wish some people would try to start with programming, concept design, 3D modelling, translating, accounting, publishing, sounds design etc, etc, etc.. the list goes on and on.
    It costs tons of money to run a game, especially a game that gives you updated content every week.

Again I will come with the WoW example, I've played that game for many years, yet not once have I received something for free.
    Black Desert online does everything better (except for the music imo) and gives a lot of free rewards but because everyone gets them all of a sudden it's not that special anymore eh ?

Instead of screaming "P2W" come up with some constructive feedback and give them input of what you would be willing to pay for.

Anyway, there is no point in trying to get constructive feedback from some people, maybe they should add a "Pay 2 Whine " item for some off you.

Don't forget to pay 2 win your electricity bills.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Hello I doubt that anyone has said they do not agree with a pearl shop. They are arguing against pay to win not cosmetic items. You seem to miss that point entirely.
    I do not get your pay 2 win your electricity bills comment. My electricity is paid for with money I have earned through effort.
    Buying pay to win items from the pearl shop is using your hard earned money to give you an advantage. Imagine using real money to pay to win your up way to the top in any given sport? It would be impossible because you cannot pay to win in football or tennis yet people are comfortable to accept pay to win in a video game. Oh the hypocrisy.

Rinjyu, Breg, MalGuldur and 17 others like this.
  3. Steelpebble

No, you miss the point.
    Nobody told you to download this game, nobody told you to pay for this game and nobody forces you to buy anything in this game.

If you think you are able to run a business with only cosmetic items then you are clueless.

AZzalor likes this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Who said this was a FTP game?, Who said people wanted everything for free? You are making up a narrative to argue, iv not seen any of this on these forums.

Olimpicus, Breg, flukeSG2 and 10 others like this.
  5. Asterotis

I don't have to imagine it when I live in North America lol

6. Vanadiel

I simply want to play the game I paid for +3 years ago.
    I don't want to play this current version.
    That's all. That is my constructive feedback.

Breg, flukeSG2, gurghul and 5 others like this.
  7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

[​IMG]

DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.
  8. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

1555093426000.jpg

Where are you from already ? Clearly you've been here since a loooong time and seen all the suggestions/threads i can tell hahaha !

Breg, Findubar, flukeSG2 and 8 others like this.
  9. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

It's only because the current business model is so much more profitable so for sure, as long as :
    - players will accept to PAY for any kind of advantages on a GAME, a PASSION for most of us
    - countries will not decide to control the gambling part of these CS

... Then we will keep this business model, with all of its flaws, and going back to a sub based game or a F2P with cosmetic CS only will stay a dream.

"Thanks", unreasonable MMORPG CONSUMERS.

(BTW, you seem even more clueless if you think only a business model with advantaging CS will make a game run ; it will run with a cosmetic CS and a sub or a B2P, but it will be far less profitable so investors will force the current model).

flukeSG2, Korvgubben, Life2v and 2 others like this.
  10. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

pretty sure this game actually would be alive af if it had monthly sub w/o cashshop

ODB3698, Breg, flukeSG2 and 3 others like this.
  11. Columba

My p2w maids are one shotting my enemies.

LeCordonBleu and Steelpebble like this.
  12. Allan1985

yes, why talk about a problem when you can pretend it doesnt exist!! your level of submission and mediocrity is off the charts.

13. Steelpebble

Hahaaaa ! Made my day , don't let my pay 2 win pets bite them though o_O

Lefteye and Columba like this.
  14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

heh, they cant get through some peoples p2w costumes! Not all 30 layers!

PA traps em inside this p2w lootbox! No one will ever find em.

gurghul likes this.
  15. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

100% Fact. Pay to win? More like PAY TO LIVE. Costly, but NY(WNYspecifically) healthcare is amazing, you get right in for nearly everything. compared to southern states(FL) and canada..I've talked to a few canadians(ON) that said they came over for some surgeries, and shopping ofc..lol.

However my boss, now travels into canada for diabetic medication, which is SAD. I feel so BAD for diabetics....Insulin just seems outrageous.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Sorry, fortnight ring any bells?

Breg, flukeSG2, gurghul and 2 others like this.
  17. Allan1985

@Steelpebble or league of legends

flukeSG2, gurghul, Lefteye and 2 others like this.
  18. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

looks like gw2 is doing more than fine, some would say even better than this game... cosmetics only btw

ODB3698, Breg, flukeSG2 and 4 others like this.
  19. Steelpebble

-I have played GW2 a long time, and they sell more than just cosmetics.
    -Bank Space, Inventory Space,
    + EXPANSIONS
    Not to mention the massive player drop and the fact that A-net had to fire like 30% of their staff.

-Different genre of game, only played it once so can't really talk about it, but back when I played you had to pay to play certain characters.

-Different genre of game, age 6+ I assume, that age range has no credit card to swipe unless they steal it from mom or dad and I'm sure a lot of money needs to be returned that way. (nah, troll comment. I don't know fortnite that well but it sure as hell is not a MMORPG).

I just thought your level of whine is off the charts.

A company needs to make money , this game has no expansion packs to pay for. Yes, some items are there to lure you into paying but if gaming is your hobby then paying for a game once in a while shouldn't be a problem and a lot of the items in the store are just pure luxury, you are fully capable of playing this game by purchasing the basic version, you don't need to buy anything extra, nobody is forcing you and if someone that spends 100s of dollar on something and ít makes them just a bit stronger, or they gamble it all away then who cares. You all pretend like you can buy a PEN from the store or a fully maxed out character. I'm pretty sure if you are able to enhance your way to the top you'll be sitting with your pride staring at your dry bread and water for a few months, or not but well you get the idea.

Still everyone keeps whining about P2W , but I haven't met a single person in this game who takes this game a bit more serious who has not bought +pets, +weight limit.
    In that case everyone plays the pay to win game anyway, so what's your point ?
    Jealous that other people buy something you don't want / can buy ?
    Frustrated that this game is succeeding in making a profit ?
    Salty because you failed an enhancement ?
    Angry because they nerfed your class ?

All this P2W talk in my opinion isn't even about the game being pay to win, it's about a certain group of players which every game has that needs to find just one damn good reason to bash the game to the ground, I've seen this happen in EVERY single online game.

Like 80% of the whole game community thinks they know better, thinks because they threw 10 bucks at a game that all of a sudden they are stock holders and that they are entitled with some kind of input as to where the direction of the game should go.

Then you have the forum addicted group that does nothing but try to come across as smart, trying so damn hard, ready with their google translate and think they just invented the universe because they have an idea/opinion.

Silly really.

#19 Steelpebble, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    LeCordonBleu and AZzalor like this.
  20. Allan1985

we are talking about bussiness models of private companyes, hence the game genre is irrelevant.

in lol you can unlock a characted with IP or RP, so you can play few matches and earn the IP or simply pay for RP to unlock it if you are lazy

#20 Allan1985, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020