1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imagine this...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Steelpebble, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Drielith

I disagree. When the developers/publishers make a game they have a target market for their MMO. Their cash shop products are only aimed at a smaller part of the playerbase.

Yes, the new generation of MMO players are students by now and they very likely also make out a large part of the playerbase in MMO's, so it's not strange that it's also here we see them being the most vocal about this.

Also, they could've eased up on the difficulty of acquiring tet/pen by making the percentage better for success as the game ages instead of adding p2w.

Phoenixxx75 and Fearless V like this.
  2. Arvalo

Arvalo Galavant Lahn 62 NA

so you said you disagree, but you basically summarized my entire point as your argument?

I’m lost. I think you do agree with me, and maybe I didn’t explain my argument clearly *shrug*

Drielith likes this.
  3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I will never buy pearl items from the central market. That would be encouraging pay to win and as I believe that being able to turn real money into game money is pay to win that is something I just will not do.
    Ps. You are giving these trash devs money although you are not the one spending.

Drielith likes this.
  4. Drielith

Seems like you're right. I tried going back a few messages, and you wrote earlier, "As I get older I think the general issue with the P2W clamoring is that games are generally aimed at a market who is at an age of lower income."
    and in my reply to that you followed up with, "I’m not saying they target pay to win concepts at an age group. I’m saying MMOs in general have a rough age range they’re focused on snaring." which were what had me confused since I didn't read it together with the first message.

The later part of my response were just me agreeing with what you said and elaborating on it, and also me coming up with another way than p2w/p2c to your, "however, without those items some people may never have the opportunity to reach even a portion of endgame. Honestly at the end of the day, RNG still has to carry them into the “promised” land like anybody else.". :-)

EDIT: Was a bit confused from going back and forth when I wrote the upper half. You're saying MMO developers/publishers target market are those younger and belong to a lower income group, right? Then it must follow that their in-game cash shop's target audience must also be part of that very same age group... was what I was thinking.

#184 Drielith, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  5. Factorial

How can you say this then ignore the fact that you can now sell costumes using real money then buy PEN items with the silver gains?

Sure, PEN weapons are not on the cash shop, but they might as well be. It's just an exchange process at this point.

Reyer, Life2v, Fearless V and 4 others like this.
  6. Korvgubben

He accomplished the his goal with this post. Now when the bushfire is self-sustaining he crawled back under his bridge like all trolls do.

7. MsLilith

wrong you miss the point theres dozens games who make profit with just cosmetics. TERA is a good example , theres quite few others i can name. a majority games do fine way without. a good example to is TOR still makes hundreds millions. list keeps on going. infact The team for this game said there never be any P2W gimics on this version. sure enough few months later they introduced them. theres games with 25% our pop making more then PA...all off cosmetics. BDO took years to make a billion...

quit defending a scum company you are the #1 reason why games are adding gambling you are a disgrace to the gaming community now days

Life2v, Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  8. XLucaX

Time to report your ash boi, cant be having too fast internet specially when the majority are only using windows 98.

9. Menor

It helps a lot when You have a boyfriend who does everything for You or plays this joke of a game for 3-4 years and can give You tips in every possible field to make You accelerate Your progress by 1000%.
    Typical new player joins this game.
    Sees 29 inventory slots, 300weight limit and says "okay, **** this I am back to MHW or whatever else i am playing."
    or he/she starts to ask questions around forums/discords/guild chats with questions like "Can i get more than 3 pets for free?" Do I have to buy intentory space or I get enough via quests? I tried to fish and run out of space in 5 minutes." "Will I get more weight? I seem to run out of it too fast when I start to grind."

Reyer and Fearless V like this.
  10. kakodaimonos

I will @Rinjyu you all day because I mentioned PoE before!
    And no Warframe is not a good example because you can literally buy every item and ressource there for real Money. Not saying it's a bad F2P game but the MTX in there is pretty rough as well.

AZzalor likes this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I told her everything from the start, that this is an expensive games and there are certain things you have to buy, but she still wants to play it and has fun. So far she actually has bought nothing but 2 pets (not even an outfit).
    Sure, i give her some tips on how to play and boosted her first char to 56, but that's it basically. Anyone with half a braincell can go to youtube and watch tons of videos showing how much p2w is in this game and then decided if they want to play. Any halfway decent guild will guide you with all those questions and will probably have players that boost your chars if you ask nicely.
    The important part is to not start this game as a solo game and be informed about what you get yourself into, then you will have way more fun than figuring it out later while playing alone.

12. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Ping to bdo server, 600

13. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Mines was under 56 m/s when I had it last installed.

14. Menor

I rather write.
    "Important part is to not start this game as a solo game but be informed that to achive anything in this game You either go full p2w or grind atleast 5hours per day and abuse every opportunity You get to catch pets."[Especially on EU where people are too poor or just scrooges(depends from region) and almost never put ANYTHING from pearlshop on market unlike NA] Wouldnt You agree?

15. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Bump that 5 hours a day up to like 8+ hours day or P2W your way to advance. And even after add that your gains are completely RNG gated after both those facts. So even after all that work in-game or IRL you are still more than likely not going to advance. LUL

And people wonder why I prefer MMOs where my advancement and PvP combat isn't RNG and cash shop based.

16. Arvalo

because like you said they’re not there. You cant buy what isn’t available. Until people reach a point where there’s better gear than what currently exists there won’t be much availability of V on the market.

Why are you so insulted by people who aren’t up In Arms about convenience items? In the grand scheme of things, I’ve stopped letting things that barely impact me bother me at all.

17. Factorial

Nah, I am not insulted by that.

I am just saddened by the fact that we have been put down so low, we are okay with games turning into wallet farms. I am also saddened that we have lost the art of common sense.

Life2v, zeezero, Phoenixxx75 and 2 others like this.
  18. Arvalo

My lack of concern has nothing to do with a lack of common sense. I’ve simply played this game for 4 years while only investing in cosmetic items. My gearscore is such that I compete well enough to win about half or more of the encounters I have.

if I’d have heavily paid for convenience items maybe I’d have arrived here sooner, or maybe I’d be ahead of where I am currently, but the only point I AM making is that I AM not dissatisfied with this games cash shop outside the fact that costumes are probably double the price they should have been. Many games have been far worse.

#198 Arvalo, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  19. zeezero

People seem to think it's compelling when they tell a story about how someone plays the game and are so far along and haven't spent a dime.
    It's meaningless.

The person who hasn't spent a dime, is playing an intentionally crippled version of the game with artificial time gates and annoyances.
    That's it. Hooray for them for having a high tolerance to nuisance gaming.

Every game that comes out now is 2 games.
    The good game and the free one.

The MP is getting crazy expensive. We have seen them breach the $100 threshold about a year ago and are now pushing near $200 packages. with jokes like 20% coupons in them.

It will get worse, and the "meh I'm fine with it crowd" will allow it to happen.

Kynreaa, Fearless V, Life2v and 2 others like this.
  20. Arvalo

Think what you want. Living a fulfilled life where I can actually experience joy and have fun playing this game as a hobby while cash shop items don’t piss me off is my right.

Taking signs and pitchforks to PA and Kakao is yours. I’m not attempting to stifle your argument, I’m just saying if you guys want to make an impact you should seriously stop speaking for everybody (because you don’t) and instead find the common ground.

AZzalor likes this.