1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Wollbert, May 19, 2020.

1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

or you just play succession

2. Rekch

Rekch Krid DarkKnight 62 EU

lol.

He was talking about resistance you talk about fg/sa
    And no if you immune a float with a fg or sa that doesnt make you immune to floats that come right after. You have no clue... You get immuned to the same type of cc when you just got CCED by it.
    If you get stunned you cant get stunned while you are stunned. But if i tey ti stun you in sa it fails and i retry and you are not protected then you will get stunned unless rng resist.
    Please dont spread misinformation.

And yes resistance is a thing. When i record combo videos it happens that a standing target resist 10 or more grab/float/whatever in a row. But I think you simply don't play the game tbh.

Not even talking about the number of time my cc gets resisted in trial char because you dont have resist ignore, it is really stupid sometimes you cant land a single cc for so long just because rng. But yeah tell me how this is necessary and healthy for the game.

sajdas likes this.
  3. sajdas

funny thing is, we used to have 20% ignore resistance on trials but they removed it for no reason at all
    [​IMG]

Rekch likes this.
  4. B00tsy

B00tsy Sorceress 61

The resistance types is an interesting mechanic that work well in other types of games (like EVE). In this game not so much as you encounter so many different classes constantly. It's impossible to base your gear on a specific opponent so it's just the best thing to have a general OMNI resistance for all types.

5. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

I always look back at these screen shoots of my resistances from 2018 when someones says just stack it.

2018-10-22_618081738.jpg normal.jpg 2018-10-22_618088548.jpg buffed.jpg

Funnily enough people still say the same now just get more, well its an rng stat like evasion being 1 issue and is easily negated by certain classes with increase grab chances and gems.

LIke op said and what I my self have personally respond with is 9/10 times you will be cc d and that resistance is a meme but sadly that can also be said about most aspects of pvp with in the game and we tend to just accept that.

Working as intended :)

6. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Enchanting, crit, downsmash, special attack evasion, evasion, resistance, dmg numbers (weapons have a min/max ap), dev's 'balancing', drops, horse breeding, bartering, fishing, gathering, hunting, workers, Pretty much everything in BDO is RNG.

My question, why is resistance just now an issue? Been in the game the whole time.
    Would think most would complain about succ wiz, guardian, iframe spam, maybe even PA. Not resistance thats capped at 60% lol..

If they're buffed up, assuming they have +20% ignore resist, you still have to have 94%-104% resistance depending on if they're using nouver or kutum. And if they use a kutum lamp and a kutum, 114% resistance just to hit 60% cap. Oh plus some classes have ignore resist on skills, as a passive, or could just use ignore resist offhand gems. So when you mix that and multiple people tossing CC, some skills having multiple CCs, people pew-pewing CC from hella far, resistance is a bit of a meme. Maybe good for 1v1s, but even then, its pretty rng and still capped at 60% or less.

I haven't done a resistance build in a long while, guess I'll give it a try again, see if anything has changed. But for the most part, I'm assuming people getting 'immune' are just hitting FG/SA, bad rng, or trying to go past the cc limit.

OP was pretty much saying resistance are op, not a meme. lul.

7. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Still not sure why they removed it and the other balanced/dp set. With Shai around, they should bring them back. So people can actually try a DP build with her as a trial char. And so other trial chars aren't cucked by the loss of acc/ignore resist.

#67 Muhaha, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    sajdas likes this.
  8. sajdas

agree, while trials truely are made mainly for testing, they are used in official and unofficial arena of arsha so improving the trial system is important in my opinion.
    one could only hope though...

Mayuri, Muhaha and Netreiam like this.
  9. BDO_Nictofilia

Hmmm? Im forced to use precision gems not for acc, but for the ignore resistance, because surely other people love getting away with the mistake they've done without dying because of it.
    Resistances shouldnt be allowed to have a significant influence in a fight, or better if they are just removed. RNG in PvP sucks.
    If people get to know their class and when they can use certain skills and how they should play safely, resistances arent needed. I bet you wouldnt like trying to fish a cc on a sorc with resist build and when finally the skill lands she resists it and keep happily iframing for another 5 minutes.
    I could be using, for example, two kd/bound or floating resist gems in my boots, but instead Im using (for now) stamina hystria gems because I refuse to contribute to RNG in PvP, even if I dont need that much stamina.

Wollbert and sajdas like this.
  10. sajdas

my advice, dont bother to argue about this topic with him, he will suddenly change it to "so why evasion is good and resistance is bad" topic, even though its not related at all.

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.