1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imperial cooking and Alchemy will they be so overrun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amieelee, Sep 12, 2019.

1. yukishiro1

I didn't dodge anything. "We can't know the future until it happens so there!" isn't a point, it's just speculation that can't be meaningfully engaged with.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It would not take much as all they have to do is allow anyone to turn in X amount of imperial goods not have a server limit. This is just another tedious chore in my opinion.

Doom Smack and MMoNoob like this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Not sure if you insist on dodging or couldn't process your thoughts further on my point and realize that your tryhard meta relies on market which fluctuates.

What if imperial delivery becomes popular again for and everyone sells cristals instead of turning them into Manos accessories mats.

Will you still make arrogant statements about player intelligence with unsellable cristals stacking in your inventory vs guaranteed results.

4. yukishiro1

I have no idea what you think your point is. If the situation changes will I still think the same thing? No, why would I? That's something an irrational stupid person would do.

I mean what if everyone decides that farming beetles is the best way to get PEN? That would change a lot of the math involved in other activities too!

This is one of those times you should probably just walk away instead of insisting on continuing to dig your hole deeper and deeper.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I don't know why I even bother why you. You stated that speculating has no value or whatever your words were.

So according to your logic, intelligent players should not speculate at all then just wait to get to the following situations:

- Centaurs are overcrowded because everyone decided to produce BMC this way thus you can't do anything productive that way
    - BMC are unbuyable because everyone decided to buy them therefore you can get them at reasonable rate that way
    - Imperial delivery is overrun because everyone decided to get shards that way

To avoid such scenarios any reasonable person would make educated and reasonable speculation and make decisions beforehand, because getting the job done is infinitely more efficient than getting nothing done, despite cool looking numbers on paper.

Instead of insulting people and make arrogant judgements about other people's choices you should spend time thinking and take reality into account maybe.

6. yukishiro1

Again, what if everybody decides that farming beetles is the best way to get PEN? WHAT WILL YOU DO THEN? That would change all the math on all other activities!

What-ifs are silly. If the stars align in just the right way to make exchanging seals for shards to make sense for some very short period of time....it would make sense for that very short period of time. I don't know how that relates to what we were talking about, but...ok? There might be a vague possibility that if a bunch of things coincide in just the right way, what you suggested would not be deeply stupid for a short period of time? Congratulations? I mean it's even incoherent on its own terms - if that made any sense people would already be stockpiling seals now and thereby using up all the imperial turn-ins, which they aren't as anyone can tell by looking at the turn-in merchants and seeing that nobody is doing anything differently than they did before. But we can set that aside too I guess. After all, logic is for elitist arrogant try-hards, just like math.

What you wrote simply makes very little sense and the more you dig the more you highlight that. You should just quit while you're behind. Just like that other thread where you were insisting that manos cooking clothes made sense to use instead of silver clothes with time reduction, the math doesn't support you here. If you want to do things that don't make sense that's your choice, but you shouldn't be presenting it to others as good advice when it isn't.

#26 yukishiro1, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Yeah you're right, BDO just released and is totally not a 3 years old game and we don't have any first hand experience on how the playerbase reacts to updates.

But keep making up ridiculous scenarios to make up for the fact you didn't provide any logical behavior to the realistical scenarios I provided.

I mean it's not like people had a year to easily stockpile powder of time for free and now are rushing it on the last second making prices raise, for example.

As I said I don't even know why I bother why you at this point.

8. yukishiro1

If you were afraid of shortages running up the price and making it difficult to get mats, that would be a reason to buy BMC at their current prices. There is absolutely no doubt that that would be a better use of your money than doing crappy loss-leading imperial boxes that don't make economic sense in order to stockpile seals to exchange for shards (especially since there'd be no reason to do that anyway since there's plenty of turn-ins available for the normal suspects for both imperial and cooking that would easily allow you to max out your turn-ins). Again, this all came about because you insisted that somehow it would make sense to do the loss-leading, non-standard imperial turn-ins in order to get seals to get shards. Which is just absurd.

Everything you have said in this thread is terrible advice that people would be well advised to steer well clear of.

9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

According to your tryhard logic everyone should do the most efficient activity regardless of taste, fun, choices, constraints or anything, excellent advice indeed.

Besides I don't advise anything, I merely pointed out the simple fact that imperial delivery is a gameplay alternative to other activities.

Actually you should be glad alternatives exist since they allow you to arrogantly judge people that don't make the same choices as you.

10. yukishiro1

Ok. I'm just glad we established that what you "pointed out' is a hugely inefficient strategy that has no impact on the calculus of people who are interested in knowing what the best option is. Thanks for clearing up that your point only relates to people who enjoy making non-optimal choices and making it harder to achieve their objectives.

If you wish to carry on "pointing out" other economically inefficient, sub-optimal things people could do in BDO, please do so - it's quite a long list! I'm sure everybody will be very interested in other ways they can waste their time and money.

I think we have pretty much exhausted the possibilities for continuing to talk about your initial suggestion, though. So you might want to start a new thread to talk about other good ways to waste time, money and effort.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Boink

The farther you lifeskill off the mainland the better you can sell your goods at a decent price. So you can avoid very costly net gains selling stuff using imperials.

Gather & processed for personal use or underwater.... sad times for lifeskillers :)

12. MMoNoob

yeah imperial crafting needs to be revamped and remastered

Doom Smack likes this.
  13. Claydough

Underwater is dog ****

Lifeskillers have to realise now that life skill profits are 90% caphras shards and frags

Bloods and meats are all worthless mats now and everything they make is flooded

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Bla bla bla, you will suck for "sub-optimal' imperials like everyone else if BMCs become out of stocks for a long period of time.

15. Maginha

Idk, but with the imp prize increases manos brings, the seals which can be used for pushing your mastery further, idk why ppl think its not worth, some of the top lifeskiller did their specific imperial receipes even without this boosts. And since markert prices will fall most prob, even more receipes will get "usefull"...

I can see the points that imp competition will be a lot harder if they dont change turn ins avaiable (btw, imp turn ins are half of cp not energy, rite?)

Smileybones likes this.
  16. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Old lady from Dark Souls, cue the Yes Indeed.

Thanks old lady.

Remove the stupid cap on imperial goods serverwide. This was and is still to this date nothing but a stupid RP change with no actual thought process behind it.
    PA was just: "well this is imperial delivery and imperials dont need this much stuff all the time, ook ook."
    They even shot themselves in the foot with this one. Whats with the protesters in calpheon? Or the hunger in the world of BDO? Whats with those people? Or what about the territory war they announced, doesnt calph and val need more ressources to make this big war?
    PA made a stupid RP change and could easily get rid of it by placing another layer of RP on top of it.

I can understand if they make the limits account based instead of serverbased. Without any limits people would just trade in x amount of boiled eggs and call it a day. If thats what scares PA just limit it to 30 like it is now and boom done. And if you are in fear that people would make too much money off of expensive crates then just limit those crates to like 10 crates per day. Easy.

No matter how you turn it imperial delivery is one of those aspects of life skilling that got stuck in 2k16 very obviously and even the mastery change didnt help with that.

#36 Ned Sheynji, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Maginha and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. Doom Smack

Yeah as it stands limiting server wide sorta only makes sense if its extremely profitable like 10x what it is now. I guess its sorta like if crate turn ins were server limited... its not needed.

All for individual turn ins, and then we can have reduced weight on the boxes too (which would make creating the boxes in the first place not so time consuming tedious, and perhaps actually worth).

Maginha and MMoNoob like this.
  18. Mana_Mafia

I believe turnins are capped by your contribution...not your energy. If I recall its player CP / 2 = amount of allowable turn-ins.

You seem to have overlooked not speaking on issues you understand very little about.

Smileybones likes this.
  19. yukishiro1

It is indeed CP, not energy. But that only makes the point stronger, not weaker, given how much harder it is to increase your CP above 350 than your energy. There's even less reason to do the crappy imperials that don't make a decent return when you're realistically limited to closer to 175 turn-ins a day rather than 2XX.

Thanks for pointing out that the point is actually even stronger than I initially presented it as.

20. Boink

Isn't that always been the case with gathering. Most of the profit comes from rng variables like hards/sharp and caphras.

There are always good market if you go outside the starting zones. Of course you need good classes to gather this at a higher rate (musa/maewha)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I seriously haven't tried gathering since masteries soo I don't know if it's "profitable" compare to old values (I just processed and make grunil for enhancements :) ) . But looking at what's gathered near and around the starting areas, it looks like it suffered greatly.

As of finish products. Since most mats are cheaper, production increase and the demand stays the same we can all assume most of them hit bottom by now.

rare mats are not affected in fact most increased in value.

What most lifeskiller needs is imperials to change. That will cut off majority of the excess supplies since the market responds to supply/demand.