1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improve RBF afk kick.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AtomicPotato, Mar 12, 2020.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

RBF afk kick must be improved, half team afk just for reward, very well done system.
    Improve system and forbid to enter RBF for those who got kicked on channel for 24h.

2. Imightbeshai

I like this idea a lot-I think 24h is maybe too long but 18-22h sounds good to me.

3. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

They just need to make a vote system, allow us to remove those people who just sit at the top and do nothing the whole time.
    So if we got the vast majority of our side to vote against someone, they'll be removed from the rbf. If it happens within the 5-10m marker after it locks, it should allow us to take an extra in.
    And those removed from the RBF are locked out for a hour or four Velia 4 RBFs. (Since they can linger for a while before ending. Need 3 or 5+ on one side to start a vote, so someone can't just troll and keep removing people.)

4. Wrapped In Plastic

#4 Wrapped In Plastic, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  5. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Nah,vote kick would be used for kicking weaker players,trolling stronger players,having alts kick good players from the enemy team, or not enough players on a team to accept the kick.They know the player base is too toxic to be allowed to decide...imo more like a certain amount of time without getting hit or hitting an enemy may be better.

#5 Stealthe, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  6. Lord_Xenon

This. Enough reasons to get abused. Improving RBF is more about incentives, but those could be abused too. And in extrem when such kicking would be improved, you would see very likely suicider into enemy team defeating any use of a team in the first place. I would say at least a few of those are just lifeskiller wanting the energy.

7. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

Yeah man, that was my first thought too. But the amount of times I've sat around waiting for my team to stop spawn camping, would get me booted every time. So with that proposed, I'd have to join the shitters camping the enemy spawn just to make sure I wouldn't get kicked.

Another idea to toss out there. Auto start the Velia RBF channels, remove the lingering delay on games ending. So they all start at different times, and end at different times. We could also use this to gain more profit from RBF. For instance if you just finished a RBF, you could quickly channel hop into another one.

Could even turn the 200 energy into a sellable item with a once a day use that resets with the daily game reset.

8. Tjaranis

absolutely not.
    think before you speak... this is a 1-second thought, suggestion and would only hurt valid players and not touch people who afk.
    afking happens almost exclusively when one side is so vastly overgeared its just lolololooooolzzz ridicules p2w going on; and honestly at that point the fight should just end right there (if one team is in front more than 20% of the total points it is over unless people dont fight for a long time).

edit: also if you want improved rbf experiences, make brackets matter in RBF. limit brackets so under 261 plays together, from 261-280 plays together and above 281 ap can play with each other and their credit cards....
    this would vastly decrease the ridiculous p2w feel that makes most afk or give up having a fun time.

DP brackets run along side AP brackets so cut them both at the same level; thereby forcing the balance that was intended in pvp, instead of this ridiculous 1 P2W hero fighting 5 easily

#8 Tjaranis, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  9. Stealthe

They could also just make rbf rewards based on your performance,however it would cause an entirely different problem where class balance would be the argument

If the participants for rbf was very high than a gs bracket system could work but currently rbf has little participation to where other than private matches Valia 4 is the only active server and even then only at certain times.Average hours is usually around a 10v10...if you split it up with brackets your going to be playing mostly 3v3's give or take and depending on your bracket may not see anyone at all.You will also see the NW problem where players stack effixes that are not counted in gs to give an advantage.

#9 Stealthe, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  10. Wrapped In Plastic

#10 Wrapped In Plastic, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Muhaha likes this.
  11. Stealthe

Well one improvement I think is pretty clear cut better that they could do is allow players to collect the quest reward without joining rbf.

I rbf on my main and them collect the energy reward on my gathering alt and to do so I have to join rbf momentarily which im sure skews match making when lots of players join and leave.

If a match starts and match making balanced it properly at say a 10v10 but 6 of the players on one side are just joining to collect the reward and leave then its now a 10v4

It would also eliminate the annoyance of having to join rbf on the alt,collect reward,then wait the cooldown to leave out,then leave.

#11 Stealthe, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020