1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improving Shai

Discussion in 'Shai' started by Ventrez, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Ventrez

The Shai class is a unique class to bdo. Mainly PvE and lifeskill focused our pvp damage is both lowered and most have no defenses like super armor or forward guard. I'm not here to say give us more damage in pvp but what I would like to see is the following:

More abilities: I don't think it would be too much to ask for more pre awake and awaken abilities. Maybe a PA for our awaken. Bonus healing % for our pre awaken similar to how the other classes have the small bonuses. Also I'd like to see a block in pre awaken.

Just somethings I think could improve the class as a whole.

Distaken likes this.
  2. Ohaha

Gonna be niche, but I want Shai to be able to play Talent songs while riding on Donkey.

Jinoro, Yusawa, Fateneko and 2 others like this.
  3. KaoriKat

KaoriKat Shai 64 NA

Shai doesn’t have awakening.. and pret sure they took away the pvp penalty damage a while back.. she’s fine pvp as of now, I do go neg karma often. More abilities seem nice maybe. I love her kit.. adding some kind of block/super armor to her Talent would be nice.. she seems squishy in that mode compared main hand combat.
    Her play dead skill is on a too long of a cooldown.. as well of the other 5 minute cooldowns seem like a lot..

I’m excited to write my own music to play.. that’s gonna be so cool!! :D gotta write that goth music @.@

Jinoro, Yusawa, Distaken and 2 others like this.
  4. Ventrez

I think the character is very unique and fun to play. I wouldn't mind seeing other benefits to the class. Maybe instead of making her just alchemy and gathering you can add all the lifeskills and only allowed to choose one to specialize in?

5. Vanraven

I'm not sure why people still say that Shai is a lifeskill class. No...its.....not. And if PA considers them to be one its a really bad design. Also....please guys stop it with the pvp damage being low. They un-nerfed that a long long time ago. Their damage is normal in pvp. They actually do a lot of damage but can't really land anything due to no super armor on their attacks.

Forward guard and super armor is a concern I guess. Looking at how they are designed, I don't think the develops envisioned Shai to be a damage dealing class. Their best super armor move is on a 3s CD and their invincibility move is also on a 3s cd, both which are defensive skills. Seems to me that is a intentional design. If I had to improve shai:

I'd allow the player to be able to pick all of their last tier of songs instead of just one.

Lower the cooldown for play dead to 2mins.

Fix the wonky hit box on her florang, it really has trouble hitting enemies on slopes.

Allow her to move while using her E skill.

Make songs last a bit longer.

More damage on Sun's Fury and Earth's Tremble.

Maybe add some down attack properties on a couple of her skills.

Give her another heal.

#5 Vanraven, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Blue Collar, Yusawa, Distaken and 4 others like this.
  6. Capca

Add Rabam Skills.

Add the final three skill add-ons.

Cheer Up! Should have a 50 second cool down or a 70 second duration.

Give her some longer lasting but lesser buffs that can be cast quickly and on the move. Basically buffs for a smaller group (2-6) that last 2-5 minutes. These should be able to cast quickly even with the florang equipped.

Shift + wasd (hop) should work with all sol tunes.

Swing Swing should do more damage.

Have Sparkle Sparkle restore mana to the Shai who cast it.

Gaining leaves shouldn’t be random. Random is never a good idea for game play resources.

Add combat/buffing from horseback.

I don’t think Gather Around works for Shai. It does what the tool tip says, but it is PvE only, takes up a quick slot, and it’s area is about the same as Shai’s attack area. In PvE it’s easier to gather enemies without this skill than with it. Perhaps give it a bigger area, or even better, a forward block and/or CC resistance.

Not required but nice to have:

Make Forest Echo, Sun’s Fury, and Earth’s more viable as primary attacks. Adjust the damage, perhaps add followup attacks, and give the chain a way to regain MP. Basically give Shai a way to fight with the sol for those who want a break from florang combat.

7. lochtar01

Just delete this class from the game.

8. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You should ask for Black Desert Mobile Shai if you want improvement.

9. Mactarion

WOW, i am totall Jelly now D:

Having a second "Take This!", that you can combo. You jump on your Florang as Movement ability, and get Super Armor or Invi (i am not sure). And the jump LMB as a real plunge Attack bigger distance, Bigger Aoe looks aswell protected (but i am not sure aswell).

With that Shai would be a really good class, so sad when you play the class and be like, hm... this class misses some stuff, like a good movement ability, and then you see they even have an animation for it, in a different game :'(

With all that stuff shai would have a full tool kit like all other classes, and balancing would be done by tweaking numbers.

Thx for sharing the Video @flukeSG2, its nice to see how the class would look if it would be completed :)

Attan, Yusawa, Aruna and 2 others like this.
  10. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

This is the only class i never tried. Pure support isnt my play style.

11. BraveHeart

I miss that my bird pets will not sit on her shoulder. I now have 2 new small bird pets that could fit on her shoulder, but they keep flying around all the time.

I am looking forward to composing music. I hope that I will be able to compose music that is like 30 seconds long at least (12 bars).
    As for her fighting skills I don't really care at this point, I only use my Shai as a life skill toon. As a combat/PvE character it's the class I like the least. The idea of music as a weapon is nice, but I rather just play with a class that can hack and slash and move around quickly.

12. Capca

She's not pure support. It's just that the support part of her is the only part Pearl Abyss finished :).

When Shai finally gets the rest of her pre-awakening and awakening skills, and succession, and mounted combat, all the other classes will run in fear crying nerf! We shai mains will have our day... Muhuhaha!!!

Blue Collar likes this.
  13. Yusawa

Honestly, whether they're PvE or support skills, I just want more skills overall.

It's annoying having to stare at all those unused skill points like, "Yup... I'm not doing anything with those."

I understand what PA was trying to do by making Shai the way they did, but that doesn't mean that they had to make certain parts of her, like the lack of skill diversity, so overwhelming. BDO's played by a lot of grinding junkies (whether it's done through killing mobs, obsessing over gear advancement, or even life skilling), and having a class whose literal skill tree is maxed out so quickly and so fast kinda kills the thrill a little. At least, it does for me even though I love the class to DEATH.

KaoriKat and o0ABC0o like this.
  14. Leatis

What i heard we ll get our rabams soon.
    1 heal and 1 mass debuff+insta 3 Leaf.
    (2 dmg rabams)

If thats correct i am happy:)

o0ABC0o and Attan like this.
  15. Zahlem

shai is nice... but can we get that boomerrang ride ? *_______________________________* pls ? *twinkels a bit*

Boki, Yusawa, o0ABC0o and 1 other person like this.
  16. ۜSиσω

She has FG and SA, SA only on her talent skills though as far as I know.