1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In case you didn't notice...succ isn't as bad

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Hitt, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Ya would be nice, they need to give witch something though to compensate for the fact that wiz gets more evasion for no reason and a double teleport.... magical evasion is ass.

DarkBever likes this.
  2. DarkBever

buff awakening when :D

kaithuzar and VardaSkaya like this.
  3. Gojira

Yeah I’m waiting for awake buff like how they did for warrior.

I’m pretty disappointed in pa with succession mainly because all the work they did for awaken to make classes different was reversed in a weird way with succession, giving access to each other’s awaken cross overs. Not talking about differences in execution that they put in place to try to make them different. It could have been much better if they kept classes distinct e.g. bring over block for witch or grab for wiz as an example.

Also on global they seem to take their time to do anything about the horrible damage and they launched it live in the weakened state. Makes me wonder why they even have global. It should have stayed on global till damage and distinction made between the classes instead of releasing it early then trying to it fix it later.

That’s just my rant about it, it could have been good but let down by non-uniqueness and 1 skill hold rmb combo mechanic that gets in the way sometimes of chaining stuff.

Seems like they just gave everything good to wiz :(

4. ghoulz666

I thought we were getting the mobile game skills with succ. Those classes aren't even the same there.

5. Noixi

Hmmm.

If I get some time, I'll check out the range aspects. I did log in to get the succ, and went meh, too little too late, and AAU has been far more fun.

It is still good to hear WhySoSeeryus having good things to say.

6. Vortexii

With the Exp Event I may put my Alt Witch into maxing out the Succession. Instead of Switching I have an Awakening Witch & Succession Witch.

Temporary Defect Warning: Before you unlock all the skills you can easily get stuck trying to cast a specific element combo that isn't ready. It's defective because it prevents normal movement or other skill usage. You just wave your hand in the air not casting anything. This can be canceled with WW etc, but it's annoying. I have not seen this behavior for any other class.

Temporary Defect Warning: Before you get the higher level skills unlocked mana consumption is even worse and just annoying. This is mostly corrected around 59+

Defect: Most or possibly all skill trees are fully unlockable. You can not gimp your class by choosing one option or another. You simply unlock all skills. This is NOT the case for Witch Succession. Past 56 you choose a path and you can't change it without special items. This INCLUDES later on when you can't switch at all to TEST them properly. Level 58/59/60 skills for example. You are already to high to revert. This may be possible in the training characters, but it's simply poorly done.

It doesn't need to be that way. If the Old Moon book was for changing from Success to Awakening that would be one thing. However, this means even staying in Succession skills you can't play around with it. This is literally one of the ONLY FUN things left in the fing game and they pay walled it.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

this is usually lightning move which u have to fire off by pressing F. yes, i agree, highly annoying.

i agree, the options in succession spec should be free to change. i mean, even the friggin skill says it allows different castings? why do we have to pay for it?

witchzard succ skill.jpg

8. Vortexii

It's potentially every element. Definitely Fire and Lightning. I put this in the "temporary" category because it's mostly corrected at higher levels. This specifically happens around level 56/58 when you can not unlock all the elements. Thus the rotation isn't complete resulting in this mess. Once everything is unlocked there are other skills to fill that gap. If a player just switches to Succession at a higher level, they may not know this occurs.

Side Note: Where is all the extra damage from Succession? I can speculate it's in the few skills exceeding 1,000% dmg. This would be due to all skills presumably scaling with your AP in contrast to the Flow Dmg being a set amount.

This extra damage can not occur on Voltanic Pulse. This skill should always perform significantly better in Awakening as you are actually casting 2 skills at a time. (Nearly every Awakening skill is that way).

So the only additional damage can be from the "Flow Scaling Bug" or the ability to cast skills at a faster rate. However, most of the succession skills don't really cast faster. They require 2 or even 3 casts to make up for 1.

Is Succession only doing more damage on end game mobs due to the defective Flow Scaling? It feels like a proper Awakening Combo doesn't have any down time and toxic flood is a high damage skill that can be applied over other skills.

9. WhySoSeeryus

main problem is awaken skills are REALLY slow and take too much time, plus our addons are horrible and clunky to use on such long skills. succ kinda smooths some stuff over and takes more advantage of fast rapid firing skills. id say (for wizard) u can play it more chill if u rmb the elemnt chains, but to take full potential of the class u really have to use manual inputs for whatever skill u can.... and some command are (imho) stupidly distributed... compared to awaken kit where u basically have way easier time with your fingers due to better though commands positioning plus the fact skills are also considerably slower allowing you more time to "plan and execute" your next move.

10. Vortexii

I switched the main back to Awakening and the alt needs 2 more levels to properly test everything. One thing I noticed was some skills almost shouldn't be in the rotation.

Important Test: If I recall properly you can not disable all skills (lock). So I untrained slower skills I didn't want in the rotation. I'm not sure you can right click lock every skill. That may be a defect also. (Testing required to verify)

Most of the basic skills don't really feel faster. The fireball for example by itself casts much faster, but by the time you do Fireball + Explosion, is that really faster than a Volt Pulse? Or Lightning + 1 Combo. One of the lightning options requires 3 separate activation's.

A nice time lapse would be good to see how much time is really spent on one vs the other or a Awakening / Succession next to each killing different packs.

Also, I remember Freeze lowering the damage done while "Froze". It's not in these descriptions. Does that still apply?

11. WhySoSeeryus

id use succession on endgame tankier spots exclusively for farming. havent tested other spots (1 shot areas etc) but succ does have considerably more mobility depending on skills choices.

id does. u want to use it on enemies that cannot be frozen and are preferably already in downed state (pvp also). its actually awesome damage considering its freeze spell.

12. Vortexii

I don't like the situation at all. I'm having a hard time investing the time into another character so I can test properly and not be locked.
    • I don't want to invest hours into an item to switch back that is very temporary
    • I don't want to pay for an item just to "fix a problem Pearl Abyss created" just to shaft me.
    • I especially don't want to pay for an item TELLING Pearl Abyss that is acceptable
    • The ONLY reason I would even play succession is THE WRONG REASON which would be that it's more powerful at end game ALSO because Pearl Abyss can't get figure out how to properly set Flow/PET AP.
    What a mess.
    • Pearl Abyss could just screw everything up in any direction with further updates also.
    All of this CRAP I HATE about the game because the business Model is designed to aggravate their own customers into paying. Well F YOU PA & Kakao, not happening.

I would get more satisfaction taking out $100 bill and burning it to a crisp than spending in the cash shop. They can send that customer feedback to Pearl Abyss.

13. WhySoSeeryus

thats my problem also, my moon book ran out and im not paying them more to practice other spec. ill make an alt for pve farming in succ, but wont have enough sp for pvp practice. in any case, when i get super comfy in pve, i might give it another go for more serious pvp tryouts.

14. Vortexii

Trial Characters will get Succession, but that could be a disaster if you can't test your own skills without recreating. The character would be level 60 and beyond the ability to remove skills. (Unless trial characters have some exception).

The worst part is after so many years this was one of the only real FUN things left to do in the game. Testing out different builds on the class. This hasn't even been an option before. All classes just unlock a set amount and some skills you simply avoid.

This could be horrible for future updates. New classes, revamps etc to force permanent choices of skills. It's also total bull sht. An update can completely change everything and now your stuck with locked choices.

This isn't giving me an option to pay for things, it's giving me yet another reason to NOT pay for anything.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.