1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response In-game web pages not displaying (Beauty Album, Guild Rankings, Wiki & more)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by PM Horizon, May 15, 2018.

1. PM Horizon

Project Manager

Greetings adventurers,

We are aware that after the patch on the 9th of May, some players are unable to see in-game web pages, including the Guild Rankings, Beauty Album, Wiki, and more.

Our developers are working on resolving this issue; for now, as a possible temporary solution, please add the whole Black Desert Online folder to your Antivirus exceptions. If that does solve the issue for you, let us know in the comments below.

EDIT: As a workaround, please set your Launcher's compatibility mode to Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). You can do that by following the instructions below:
    • Right click on your Launcher.
    • Go to Properties.
    • Open the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option, and select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).
    [​IMG]

Keep in mind that this option will temporarily affect your game's loading performance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Papriika likes this.
  2. MrNumnut

Tried turning off every protection i have and made an exception in firewall for Conherent aswell, neither solved it.

3. trigger7

I tried adding the whole BDO folder, as well as BlackDesert32.exe and CoherentUI_host.exe to my antivirus exceptions (I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials), and restarted the game, and it seemed to work !

I can now access the in-game web pages.

I'll report back if the problem reappears.

EDIT : Aaaaand, just as I wrote this message, the ingame windows became blank again.

4. ghoulz666

I already added that crap to my exclusions. Hope this gets resolved before Lahn pre-creation.

5. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Completely disabling the antivirus did not solve this for me.
    Events, crafting notes and wiki pages work for me initially, but as soon as I try to access anything else that uses coherentUI (including the guild info page since the saying of the day seems to use it) the process then crashes and any such page no longer works (including events/craft notes/wiki).
    It seems to be the pages that try to access gameweb-eu400.blackdesertonline.com that always causes this.

Edit: 16th May maintenance has not changed the issue.

#5 Gharlane, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. MrNumnut

Did you guys just really start an event that requires the beauty album, knowing many of us can't even use such 'web' pages?

7. Talashandy

This did not fix the issue. Still having a problem accessing anything web-related.

8. Pixera

Tried everything and still seeing this every time.

Attached Files:

9. DownrightCynical

10. Krystin

Same problem here. Created a new Lahn, opened up the Beauty Album, get a blank interface background.

Added exceptions for the BDO directory as well as specific exceptions for BlackDesert64.exe and CoherentUI_Host.exe to my antivirus, looked at my firewall logs and saw no hits in the timeframe BDO was running but disabled it temporarily, restarted BDO, still getting the blank interface background.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I'm on a VPN (which, incidentally, causes problems when buying Pearls -- I have to go to another computer not on the VPN [and thus less secure] to do so). My current exit node is in the Chicago area.

I've let the Beauty Album sit for several minutes while writing this message and it still has not loaded up.

11. Fryu

If it helps whenever I try to first open up the Beauty Album from character creation I get an error in my event viewer that has to deal with CoherentUI_Host.exe inside the bin64\host folder.

12. Aka_Necris

same issue here too, been happening for at least a week now, noticed when I made a new toon after getting enough loyalties for another character slot, could not use the beauty album at all and it comes up with a UI error.

13. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

Urgent Maintenace incoming and nothing about CoherentUI crashes mentioned yet. Can we expect any fix soon?

14. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

From some of the threads in the bug forum:
    This works for me, and someone else found that just setting it to windows 7 also works(server down so I can't check that).

15. Pixera

The above solution has worked for me as well, set to windows 7.

16. DownrightCynical

This worked, I set it to Windows 7.

17. Talashandy

This worked for me, but it has cut my fps by 3/4. The whole game locks up constantly. Not worth the workaround (and already too late to upload my design to the beauty album anyway, since i can't get back on my Lahn to save pictures.

18. Nixtreffer

have someone noticed lag ?

19. Pixera

Yea I have noticed a significant amount of lag now.

20. MrNumnut

Can confirm that setting compatibility to windows 7 works aswell for me, finally solved.

Thanks!

*Edit: Can also confirm this causes alot of lag.

*Edit Edit: This is unplayable and i had to revert to previous compatibility.

#20 MrNumnut, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018