1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response In-game web pages not displaying (Beauty Album, Guild Rankings, Wiki & more)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by PM Horizon, May 15, 2018.

1. Nixtreffer

ok nice good to know that i am not alone with the lags

2. Xera Oni

Nothing works, I set the compatibility mode to Vista and Win 7, I tried running as admin, I made exceptions within my virus protection, I adjusted my DNS as suggested in another thread. I've restarted a what feels like a million time after each of these changes to give it the best chance of taking hold and I get nothing. Absolutely nothing I do lets me register my Lahn in the beauty album. This bug has completely halted any and every attempt I've made to participate in the creation contest. I and likely many others simply don't get to have a far chance to compete because you couldn't fix this in a timely manner even though it's been an on and off bug since release.

I don't suppose any compensation will be sent out for this?

Miniqwake and Fryu like this.
  3. zaphodbbl

Still having two un-Awakened characters, I didn't really want to make a Lahn right now. But I decided to take part in the event, so I made one. Now, from reading these posts, I realize that you guys have actually created an event in full knowledge that some people would not be able to participate. I'm not going to go into how thoughtless, lazy and downright wrong that is. You guys lost a lot of garnered respect because of this..

I do not have a third-party firewall or antivirus installed, nor do I use the Windows 7 equivalents. And I *am* on Windows 7 64-bit, and Windows Update shows all released updates are currently installed.

I tried the compatibility fix and, surprisingly, it seems to have worked for the moment. But don't look at this as a victory. It's not, because it doesn't work for *everyone*. As I understand, it may not even work the next time I try to open one of your CoherantUI masterpieces. I also find it particularly disgusting that I have to set program compatibility to anything besides my native Windows 7 in any program released after 2014. That's five years after the release of Windows 7 and three years after the release of SP1.

In a reply email to my ticket, GM Glitterbeard said: "We at KakaoGames always strive to improve Black Desert Online so that we can provide the best possible version of it to you. For this reason, bug reports from you, the player, are a vital part in achieving this goal, and I'd like to thank you for taking some of your time to report this to us. That said, we are currently aware of this issue, and we have already composed a report for our QA team so that they can start their investigation."

First of all, don't create a 'best possible version' for me. Instead, try to create a version that is the best for every player that uses it. And if you didn't mean 'you' to be personalized, then I suggest you change your method of constructing sentences like that to show anyone who reads them that you want the best possible version for all players. Secondly, the OP is dated back at the beginning of 2017. Why, in <insert name of favorite deity here>'s name, has your QA team not already started their investigation? From what you said, it sounds like they haven't done that yet. Please, tell me this was another example of a poor relay of information.

GM Glitterbeard also said: "... I advise you to keep an eye out on the forums for future patch notes and maintenance updates." Why? What difference does that make. Other than to give your players something else to do besides remind you yet *again* that this problem exists, reading the forums regularly does absolutely nothing. The most it would do is inform me that a problem that has existed for over a year (more in next paragraph) is still keeping people from using software they purchased from you as 'Released' as was promised. Also, it is implying that I am the one being lax because I don't regularly check the forums and keep track of your work... or lack thereof, in this case.

I wrote something in your forums awhile back on the topic of bug reporting, asking people to be a little more understanding and to send as much system info as possible. I would like to point out that, if this is an example of the effort you put into solving a problem such as this, the post I made would have turned out entirely different. It's over a year, people. Even getting rid of the current method of displaying windows, writing a new method, debugging it and publishing it, would have very likely produced more results in a year's time than you have trying to maintain said current version.

4. ghoulz666

For a moment I thought the crap was fixed, could see clips from skills, event page. Then brought up the beauty album and the damn thing crashed again and none of it is working again.

5. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Some pages link to different sites via coherentUI. So Wiki, crafting notes, events and some others are fine until you open one of the ones that break it which tend to be the ones that deal with in game data e.g guild ranks.

6. Breogán

I had the same problem with ui, my OS is windows 7, and my graphics Nvidia Gforce, then i update my drivers Nvidia and sound drivers, restart the sistem and problem solved. There was an issue with the old drivers. Now, i can open the beauty album again.

7. Rasota

I can't upload my Lahn character without the beauty album freezing out and unable to upload it or save it after adding a photo to it. i have to reload the game to get it to work again. I close BA and it blank page with a X at the top, help plz?

Updated i like to upload before the per-creation is over please? i be very upset if i miss this. i spend 5 hours since the start of per-creation i finished just now and can't upload to BA.

#27 Rasota, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  8. Zelxski

This solution did work for me. however the lag is pretty bad for me like you said.

Since this is happening, what will happen to the lahn creation event? Many players can't even used the beauty album.

9. Zelxski

I am shocked to hear you can't even save your template on your computer. I couldn't open the beauty album at all too, but I was able to save the template to my hard drive.

10. BooLee

with vista compatibility... 2018-05-18_4032983.JPG

11. Rasota

oh i have my template saved just can't upload it. i never said i couldn't saved my template i just couldn't upload it. yay for Beauty contest! XD lmao

12. Zelxski

Oh lol It sounded like you were concerned you were going to lose all your hard work, so I thought you couldn't save it.

13. Rasota

5 hours each day since the start of creation event thinking is this right or not. =D i thought i lost it when i did the compatibility thing, it didn't work either so rip revert back i had it back. =P

14. Tsukiko

i set my compatibility for launcher to window 7 b.c it was on xp and i can see beauty album etc now

15. Rasota

I still can't upload compatibility blackdesert/gameoption.txt not found. i can't win G_G i'm seriously gonna miss the pre-creation event WOW are you serious?

#35 Rasota, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  16. MrNumnut

@GM Horizon I would like to remind you that this workaround is not a proper solution and a fix or news would be nice, we're still waiting here to see any changes or an actual fix that doesn't make our game unplayable due to lags.

Talashandy and NeekasHH like this.
  17. ghoulz666

Haha, they still didn't @#$%in fix it.

18. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

So another week and no fix. Can we please get some informations here .

19. JeanJean

UPDATE your graphic driver to the most recent version and use a game profile optimised for BDO.

DON'T use Vista compatility as the Game will be then become unable to load and save your preferences, including previous optimisations : keyboard bindings will be lost so your characters won't be able to move, open inventory or do anything until you restore default bindings : Esc will be the only working key.
    Expect the return of many problems than you fixed in your first days via the option menu, like : notification spam, chat spam, superslow map, and performance issues.

You will also suffer a massive CPU Load spike as the underlying CoherentUI who display the WebPage ingame was never fixed. The only solution would be to change the process priority to low, or kill it... which remove the only interest of that tip

20. Jaeger

same problem here