1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Memory of my Valkyrie....

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Kusaragii, May 9, 2018.

1. Inspirer

I dont know about your optimistic view, but at the same time I struggled as hell to stand up on my feet soloing Ronin. We are at different planets man.

ODB3698 likes this.
  2. Tamosaki

I think its as bad as everyone is saying. As far I can tell we'd still rely on the little SA / FG skills we have. Other skills don't really apply if you are trying to be in front line which imo was part of our role because if you tried any unprotected skills you risk death. So what does that mean for adaptation? 1) You are a meat shield in the front line whos role is to die, 2) you are in the back line basically doing nothing because the limited ranged attacks. Annd then theres the last option which I have found the only way to make use to the team is to use shining dash that has FG into enemy line and ult->enslar and pray we dash out safe. This way I end up with 100-300 points in RBF, and its silly that its our only game now at least from what I come up with. The class had so much depth and I'm quite sure many valks never knew lot of tricks it had to offer before cc changes. As far as I see it we are a dead class at least in this patch.

3. Celensra

While fighting in the Red Battlefield today, I realized I had almost no skills to fight with that provided any safety. I even was knocked down and stunned during the use of my one hundred percent Spirit Attack. This may have been desync or just an error like I imagine is happening with Flow: Revelation Sanctus. I actually took the skill points out of that flow because it's currently a death trap and we can use Verdict: Lancia Lustitiae with protection. However, it seems my fighting style has devolved into holding my shield, using Celestial Spear, Sanctitas De Enslar, and Verdict: Lancia Listitiae with the use of Purificatione to heal allies primarily. Anything else was a massive risk and even using Lancia Lustitiae was very risky. (To be fair, I'm probably far too weak to fight in Velia Red Battlefield but I doubt this changes much even with higher Renown levels.) I think a great deal of our depth is forever gone now, regardless of Wednesday's coming changes. Flipping a coin to decide if I'm knocked down doesn't sound all that appealing, honestly.

Tamosaki likes this.
  4. Tamosaki

I also get cc a lot during 100% enslar, I've seen it happen early on like within 10-20~ ms on doing the skill. That I can blame desync but I've also been cc air born in the middle of my jump there.

Part of the reason why we are so broken is because most of our kit consist of slow animations and slow executions, skill like hastildum that can have a fast execution being unprotected but still is useful when timing is right. Still its at mid-high risk as tracking cc counts are nearly impossible. It's also a bit hilarious that if you manage to pull off getting into a wizards face to grab the moment you initiate a grab you are cc'd from his aoe hes doing for like 5 secs lol. Theres not even rewards for high risk maneuvers in our kit, its more like high risks equals certain death. Which I think the old system worked well there and this new one is just bland. I agree the upcomming patches isn't going to make it better as whole in the pvp scene, not just valks.

I couldn't even serve as a back liner to hide behind my shield and try to heal the team, because doing so also risks my death from ranged cc's. In this system you just cannot lower shield for any given reason, not to heal your team mates not to try to get some mojo off your teammate not to do anything. Watch your back as if at any moment one of i-frame classes gets behind, they one finger explode your guts. Protect one self so that we shall die by the shield, that is the way of this patch lol... or...... just go kamikaze.

Platinia and Celensra like this.
  5. Zimtiah

in pve the changes can not be seen by me xD if you get cced by npcs increase your resistance.

in pvp:
    1. because almost every class is ****ed up at the moment I can not tell what exactly is good or bad
    2. iframes are now cancer
    3. sorcs are my worst nightmare now
    4. the Cc from behind in Block is annoying and a huge nerf
    5. no lingering is **** happens - affects warri too
    6. no SA is annoying - affects all

so our playstyle is very different from before and takes time to adept.

but we are def. no longer one of the best pvp classes at the moment.

lets see next week.

6. DCoVeR

cool dude, I've spent like 600mil for jin crystals just to remove them and lose or p2w for that because I can't normally grind while wiz/witch is laughing hard at me, just because game is in test mode, cool stuff

7. namnam030

namnam030 GottKoenig Valkyrie 62 EU

did rbf with below softcap ap and did rlly well except for the last minute, which i got greedy af and got punished for it

sure im getting cced randomly here and there, but the others also get the same treatment

Spartakatz likes this.
  8. Razumikhn

That Enslar life lol

I'm not trying to be an ******* but you are mostly just picking people off in a group dude, and you say below softcap ap but there doesn't seem to be a single player there that can do much damage to you, I see you on the ground a few times with 3-4 people throwing skills into you not doing much. Not just that but the safe engagements being missed, and I saw this a lot in the video, makes it seem like no one is really trying. This isn't a very good example of pvp gameplay.

#48 Razumikhn, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  9. Spartakatz

If next patch brings what they told (CC only on unprotected skills), there will be a lot less CC because it's risky to pull it off.

I'd say, judging the current state makes absolutely no sense at all.

10. namnam030

sure we/i go for the ppl on the round first, its RBF and since the patch u are forced to move with the group LOL, if u go solo u die like u saw in the vid, everytime i went solo i died, while the ppl which stood in the zerg survived
    the patch forced us to play in a team and u already see that i cced alot of ppl

and fyi in zergfights there arent any good pvp plays cause the only thing it matters kill the opponent zerg with less victims as possible
    and since we dont have LSA anymore there arent any dope and fancy plays we cant do.
    this video shows how to play after the recent patches to be successfull in rbf/ move interact in messy largescale fights

the glory days of Lingering Super Armor are gone, no dope 1vsX gameplay possible, just turtle to win

#50 namnam030, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  11. Tamosaki

That rbf doesn't even look full. Its a much different picture when there is more wizards and rangers in the enemy rankings. I don't know if you ever utilized valks pre-awakening pre-cc patch but have I noticed you practically just use awakening other then celestial spear. I'm just saying we are totally bound by this method and all creativity of using pre-awakening is not even close to viable anymore, not at all saying you can't play valk infact its obvious you have much in muscle memory. Our movement based on promptness which you keep using a bit too close is now too risky to use in a larger scale, honestly feel you got too lucky in the video. I just love how the only viable option like in one part of video is enslar as the only means to protect yourself in sudden situations. Why would you endorse squeezing our whole kit into a few set of skills, I just don't get it. The picture painted here is not even close as most of the enemie(s) don't seem to have enough gs to punish you while you were on the ground. Also speaking of which I haven't seen any of the ridiculous continuous floats you get from being on the ground. You could literally be on the ground for 10 full seconds with enough rangers or whatever hitting you in the distance. Its hilarious how the movement of the game was to not 100-0 you yet here we are just in a even worse state. But yes thanks for showing us how limited we are in our skill set heh.

12. petesonline

If this game started 2 years ago with the current patch it would be in the toilet by now. Devs talking about 20 year plan? They might not be around by dec of 2018

Inspirer likes this.
  13. Inspirer

next time you show off, link your gear first, in case ppl don't know you already ;)

14. namnam030

The Gear is linked in the First 10 sec of the vid
    :)

15. Azu

Azu

Do you still play as frontliner since the patch? Maybe my lacking of DP is in cause (didn't need much DP before since we could move like maewas...) but I see valks more as 2nd liners than frontliners now; what do you think?

Anyway, I agree that we can't say valks has been nerfed at the point it's dead since we still can do pull->100%->overkill. It's much more about a massive gameplay change than a nerf. Just like in the warrior vid ( https://streamable.com/afg22 ), we can't do epic moves anymore :sadface: .

Did you increase speed on your video ? your animation speed seems to be a lot faster than mine (could it be due to the framerate? I'm around 30-40 fps)

#55 Azu, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  16. namnam030

Im still in the Frontline. Moving abit slower But isnt that Worse like everyone saying
    If u get supported by your teamm8s its much smoother

Small Side note. Was Top 3 in kills Enemy vs Sovereign yesterday
    Dead Class btw

edit: nope i didnt speed up my vid, i usually run in 1o1 from 80-144 and largescale usually 60fps+

#56 namnam030, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  17. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

When you oneshot like 6 people with an ulti with 275 ap you are of course topkills. When I ulti into that many people I get 0 kills thanks to the dmg being split too much.

https://streamable.com/8bh74

A softcap valk would have killed none of them and then be stuck there with only verdict left to cast and praying you do not die on the dmg itself. Or blessing, but this would prob get you cc'ed until you die anyway no matter if it even goes through or not. You even v'd there despite klilling most of the people in range.

We seriously need SA on promptness as the whole awakening kit is based around the fast cancels with it. It being unprotected just kills you all the time. If you have to dash out you can not transition back with it into awakening but need to use the manual stance switch, it is really akward. Might as well just rework our kit. We have many skills that hold you in some kind of afterattack animation you would simply skip with prompntess but now you just get cc'ed by some ranged atttack from 30m away.
    If I manage to land a good cc on 5 people in front of me I can not do any dmg other than ulti, as the ranged classes 20m behind the people I cc'ed will just freekill me when I attack the melee.

In the clip you even did a promptness after your spear before ulti. Any random ranged hit would have prevented you doing it at all.

The whole remaining gameplay right now is pull, spear ulti. You can even get cc'ed frontal during pull despite holding block pressed and canceling right back into it. And after you land inbetween the enemies you only have heal, verdict without flow and rabam spear left to keep yourself from being knocked down. You can also try to dash out, but a single attack jsut scratching your from the side and you are down too or in case you are really lucky your shieldchases get shortened to 1m, because of hitstun. And after three 1m shieldchases backwards you are literally stuck there as the enemy can just slowly walk over your face.

Platinia and ODB3698 like this.
  18. Azu

Azu

It was by reflex I think since you don't need to promptness here (you can do directly celestial spear -> ulti). If you need to back to guard stance instead of ulti, you now have to do celestial spear -> guard -> "C" awakening switch instead of celestial spear -> promptness -> guard.

19. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Promptness however is incredible fast and gives you those extra 5m range you need in most cases. Promptness is just superuseless most of the time now as it kills you. With us still doing it out of the muscle memory we trained ourself for over a year. The only real use is now still for dashing when there is just no single person around to cc from 50m away. They might as well make our actual dash longer or faster then to match the dash + promptness speed and gives us soemthing else instead of promptness.

20. Razumikhn

Then what's the ****ing point?