1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the light of a new change and everything else that is going on ...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Atron, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Hissis

If they really say ''Global build''

What about giving us Drieghan? The new BS rage as soon as every single one releases? What about giving us the good KR events?

2. jose0320

i would rather be on mediah patch without p2w than on this p2w with kamasilve patch

Reave711 likes this.
  3. Josh28

The community has welcomed the increase in P2W. (All games are pay to win. It's not defined, it's a spectrum.) Good for Kakao/PA, bad for everyone who joined this game on the premise of good combat that's still broken but will get fixed eventually, and balanced content not hidden behind a wall of cash. The wall is rather big at the moment for anyone who's not a big Whale, but this won't be the case forever...such is the fate of all KR MMOs.

Gotta enjoy what one can from the game and ignore what goes to shiirt. It is utterly pointless to complain and white knights to defend something entirely outside our influence. We think, we all have a good reason to complain about game issues or crybabies, but it's just to relieve stress and troll each other.

Mirteus likes this.
  4. CM Praballo

Community Manager

Greetings adventurers,

Lately a CM post was made in the Spanish forums, elaborating on the decision making process between Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games. This post could be misleading and was therefore temporarily removed. To limit the Streisand effect and to be transparent, we feel you deserve a bit more inside in the inner workings between Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss.

All changes and updates to BDO in our service territory are made in agreement between PA and Kakao.

There are at times different opinions, like you would expect in every project where passionate and creative people work together, but then we will find a compromise and in the end, what hits the live server is always an update supported by all parties.

Pearl Abyss is the developer, so naturally game design is part of their responsibilities. Kakao Games as the publisher has in this regard an advisory role, notably by collecting and forwarding player feedback to the developer. So please keep sharing your feedback, we are listening.

The BDO-Team

5. Columba

Ok, Ye, lol

6. Whito

Whito Whito_190812080241901 Mystic 60 EU

-Eliminate all the benefits of the pearl shop (sell cosmetics, you can Kakao and Pearl Abyss take a walk through the FFXIV store ... sell updates as a DLC...) or you decide on a business model, or another ... NOT BOTH !!!!!!!

-BAN PERMANENT FOR HACKERS EVEN IF THEY ARE BEEN COUNTERFEIT OR LEGALLY DEMANDED

-Fix bugs

Do this globally and we will believe in global construction.

You can give my suggestions to the CEOs of PA & KAKAO who have their MASTERS in the stock exchange
    The progression of each player is decided by each player ... you neither developer nor editor have the capacity to decide on any player.

Stay strong in your decisions.

7. Firepulse

I honestly can't feel anny sympathy for kakao. Its well known that people can't seem to see the difference between publishers and devs.
    You should'nt have ever partnered with PA, now you will have too accept the fact everyone hates your company.

Is anyone realy suprised this happened tough? they proved many times their promises dont mean anything, so it was just a matter of time until they dropped the bomb. What makes this patch more sad is that they are desperately trying to sugar coat it by spamming us with events x)

Waffy likes this.
  8. Kotaro

soo if is an agreement between PA and kokao....

thank you CM Praballo for ruining the game... thank you to every kakoa staff for show us your greedy souls

you don't deserve all of this loyal players, all this people that believe you in the past, in the present...

I though pearl abbys was the only bad guys here... but well I was wrong...

you are the same as PA...

sad...

astolfo.gif astolfo.gif astolfo.gif astolfo.gif astolfo.gif

Never, Waffy and FrozenReaper like this.
  9. Firepulse

oh boy keep digging yourself a bigger grave why dont you. You do realise you just claimed you where in agreement releasing this patch? Meaning you are just as bad as PA is. Or did you realy think those loyaltie valks would realy make a big difference?

BellaKora likes this.
  10. Blitzball

So , CM Praballo agrees with P2W Outfit melting ?

11. Columba

you guys sure complain a lot. play or don't, lol

TarkusBlack likes this.
  12. Chun-Chun

Chun-Chun ChunChun Sorceress 61 EU

So you're saying that not only PA is ****, but you, as kakao, are also ****? Why tho`?

And then you go ahead and lie staright to us: "we are listening". Wtf are you listening to? Can you quote ANY post of ANY player that reuqtested those changes? Dude...

I'm not even playing proprely anymore, but at least do you job proprely if you're gonna do damage control. It's downright pathetic what you posted.

It's even more pathetic when you read it as is: "yea, the other guy that has the same job as me is lying, and i am right, and all my collegues quiting the company are doing it because nothing is going on...". Like really, did you read the post of the other guy that has the same job as you? He goes ahead to make it VERY clearly what's going on, by repeating it VERY clearly, 3 times, in the same post. :))

Really...

Thranduil and Waffy like this.
  13. Karra Masamune

I think that @CM Servantes explained it well, Kakao has some influence over PA but in the end final word goes to PA and maybe he wasn't as "diplomatic" about it as he could be, but I think that post is what people need to see and realize. @CM Praballo said more less same thing,"different options, we pick or make compromise about one we like", assuming that PA is willing.

I would love if Kakao was more bold like @CM Servantes with their posts and actually update community every few weeks on what they know or even don't know, I would love for more interaction on forums that I know it's very hard due to many post from special people,

Now for the "Global Build" from PA standpoint this is great, they need to do so much less work over all versions of the game, maybe make minor adjustments but I think it's clear that even that is something they want to avoid. As that was announced it was expected for us to get exactly the same game as KR, from content, same week patch notes, to same Pearl Store. Now as much as thins can be good thing it also can be bad as obviously most EU/NA don't like P2W aspect of the game...

Now for P2W aspect of it:
    Melting Costume ~15 pearls for 1 million silver
    Using Artisans ~22 pearls for 1 million silver

Imo game always had this P2W aspect clear as day, making fuss now about costumes when you had artisans for last year and a half if not more is well pointless...

So lets talk about costume prices as that is "main" problem, year ago if not more, costumes were 30-40 million, at same time grinding spots in game were giving 10-20 mill per hour, so depending on gear, class, spot and amount of griefing you get, you needed 2-3 hours to get enough silver for costume.

Now with all changes, grind spots give anywhere from 30-60 million per hour, there is still SMH that is 100-160 million per hour, and we are back again that you need 2-3 hours of grinding to get a costume, or even less with SMH.

BellaKora likes this.
  14. ambyentlight

Ok look you have already gone this far in KR version p2w so I think its time you went full KR version as they still have things we dont have like combat/sp reroll coupons pearl shop and also give us the usual wep exchange coupons while your at it.

15. Rayin

Oh, finally all those people that thinks that Kakao has no decisional power can stop living in a bubble.
    GM/CM have no decisional power as they are merely employee and can only refer messages, but Kakao has and always had as much power as Pearl Abyss.

You don't publish a product with your name near the one who produced it if you can't say shìt about it. Movies ain't only made by directors, but also by who funds them.

I hope people will be less naive with the next MMORPG, dropping this "convenience" and "publisher has no say" craps.

eitheldin likes this.
  16. Schinrah

The big difference between artisans ( which no discussion are ofc also heavily p2w ) and melting costumes is in the different mechanics behind it.
    If you attempted to PEN gear by only using artisans for each and every memory fragment you still needed a significant amount of time ingame spent farming.
    You attempt PEN you fail, the natural cause of RNG means you will not only drop down to PRI but repeat DUO, TRI and TET attempts several times before you can even get back to your goal the PEN attempt. Thereby you are not only bottlenecked by MF's but you need 100's of concentrated stones, which are rarely readily available, and buying/melting accs was never cheap either. Even normal Blackstones have for the better part of the game been hard to come by in the amount needed for a "PEN session".

However, now that you can skip all that by directly being able (as long as your bank account allows it) to buy unlimted quantities of cronstones without any ingame time investment. So you only need 1 decent failstack per PEN item, a much much lower amount of concentrated stones, and likewise a much much much much much lower amount of memory fragments. So time required ingame is severely diminished if you have enough $$$.
    Thats why a direct comparison of pearl cost per 1mil silver between those item's is very flawed. Because the one item is already cheaper pearlwise also allows you to skip alot of "manual labor".

Anyhow, what's really aggravating is that we seem to consistently get things we did not ask for, but the stuff we want does not come. We get all the mechanics and p2w elements, but we do not get the actual content or events other regions do. Hence our markets are ****, our progression is ****, and alot of people drop the game. And PA seems to be deadset on burrying the game and, as many others have pointed, out milking it to death as hard as they can to make as much money out of it before dumpstering it. They even stopped listening to their korean playerbase, judging by what transpires from those forums.

It's just sad imho, there is no real competitor game for BDO out there atm, the game still looks pretty good (and that gfx are not all is shown by WoW and the likes who look like what they are, games from 2005), the game had the best action combat systen out of all the MMO's I've seen, and for some reason they rather enrage the playerbase with unwanted changes than adding content. I don't think the new whale exclusive p2w is having as much an impact as people think, but when the only type of "content" we get is pearlshop related it's easy to get annoyed and angry. They could at the very least have sugarcoated this latest p2w addition by giving us Drieghan along with it.
    How can they still hold that back? Other regions outside Korea have it, so it can't be a translation issue, it's just to stretch the content even more, but at the pace they are going in pissing their playerbase off there is no need for that, there might not be anyone left to play it if you keep your current pace.

17. Thranduil

So the misleading part of that post is that you actually do something more than apply the patch that comes from PA?

Then i don't understand how you ever got the impression that this p2w predatory patch was a good idea in NA/EU.

18. Karra Masamune

I do agree with you on many if not all points,

I do know that It's different type of p2w, even easier then before, but the way I see it, it's still p2w one or another, someone is going to abuse it...

And do agree that we are getting wrong type of content but that being said from what I know Drieghan is bare bones atm even on KR, on JP they don't even have manos clothes, etc... If we get it now, it would be another Margoria at this point so I can kinda understand why we aren't getting it, more of an issue is communication and proper explanations from Devs/Publishers.

Now part about "Korean people aren't being listen"s or "game in KR is dying" is just rumors, there are few Koreans that post on reddit, that did provide some prof about their servers being crowded on KR on weekends, their nodes and siege seems to be more active then on EU, that they are getting what they ask for, etc.. Now all that might be just ******** or perspective of few players that might be minority or not, but so far I didn't see anything to show me opposite.

And finally yes bdo is getting away with it, just because it's only "good" action combat mmo out there, but also there are so many games that ask for full price in alpha and are never released, for example dayz, and there is much worst p2w systems then in bdo, so for now I don't mind playing the game without tossing any money into it.

19. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

just make pvp equalized

that way p2w won't matter as much and class imbalance won't matter as much either cus ppl can reroll much easier

bdo isn't getting away with it and bdo isn't "not dying" , the game is dead as hell compared to before and compared to some other older mmorpgs at this point

the ship is sinking. Make equalized channels and non-equalized channels and in those equalized channels you can do any content (rbf, owpvp, nws/sieges,battle arena) with equalized gear while in the other channels you get to play the game with whatever you want. you'll see how in a few months the normal channels will be a joke compared to the equalized ones.. unless its already too late.. cus a lot of people quit cus they're sick of bdo's bs not necessarily cus of gear

Reuter, thdsm and Mesuka like this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

to startt positive changes, they just have to remove ap scaling/renown bonuses (for pvp) above softcap and game would be ten times better. people would still have to "get there" and would still get progress but it wouldnt be game breaking. even p2w wouldnt be devastating.