1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increase player residence limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nikitamare, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Nikitamare

It would be nice to have the ability to have one Residence per city, or at least the addition of one Residence per new zone within some restrictions:

To avoid market abuse, make it so only one investment bank can be active at a time, which will discourage people from having more then one rank 1 house. forcing them to pick and choose where they wish to invest.

Newer zones can have a higher CP purchase price per home. A big Pro of having multiple homes is the ease of access for crafting without having to run all over the map, and many people like to decorate and customize.

The limit of 5 homes right now does not even allow one home per city, which is a bummer as each town has it's own aesthetic- homes in grana are so different from homes in altinova and valencia . The houses of florin are cute, but hardly anyone wants reside here as there is no investment bank and the limit of 5 homes forces us to be stingy with placement.

Dragonslayeralpha likes this.
  2. TQuin

A per city increase would be nice or even a per character slot increase. So if you had, for example, 12 character slots and the game allocates 2 residences per slot, you would have access to 24 residences.

Dragonslayeralpha likes this.
  3. Vorkrunne

A per-character-slot house allowance makes sense. Every character would have their own home. *cough* Immersion!

Simply have players decide if they want to opt into "investment banking" or not with a home. They can only have 5 homes with investment banking.
    Problem solved!

4. JeTtiSonReVel3r

I think, they should just allocate 2 residences per region. (Serendia, Calpheon, etc..) One to live in one for crafter, or however you like it. Bdo stands to sell more pearl store furniture in my opinion. Win win. A 3rd never hurts, a purchasable coupon from pearl store that is region specific, one per family. For that remote haven or guest house. Leaves me to question, havnt tried it yet. The rentable container, I have no idea how far one can take that or how it works. Nice feature havnt seen it yet.

#4 JeTtiSonReVel3r, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  5. Magnificent Innuendo

We just got two free slot expansions, but I still want more. My vote has always been one per character, and investment banking should have a point quota not a top rank requirement. Too many people get locked out of this feature because it prioritizes pearl purchases (before you could stack in game items but it was removed years ago).

6. Vorkrunne

At this point what I really want is to be able to own and decorate guild houses and villas.

We need homes with way more bedrooms. It doesn't help that O'dyllita homes are all studios from what I've seen. RIP.

I saw one of the quests to own more homes. 30K points in each of the five residences. That promotes pointless clutter rather than anything RP-friendly from someone actually decorating. Once again, Pearl Abyss botched it up because they don't know their player base.

The people who truly care about decorating will be missing out on extra homes.

Let this be a learning experience to all future MMOs: Do not monetize cluttering homes to look like trash.

ESO has phenomenal housing. I've spent way more money on ESO decorating than I ever will on BDO.